+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FOR STUDENT VISA ON DEPENDENT (SPOUSE)

Neelraval

Sep 17, 2018
Hi,
I am government employee, I want to settle in Canada as student but i settle with dependent (SPOUSE) . So in Canada MY SPOUSE can get how long work permit. We both completed IELTS

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is no guarantee that the spouse of an international student will be granted a work permit. If you are granted one it will be the same length as the study permit.

Neelraval

Sep 17, 2018
THANKS SIR,
BUT I HV QUESTION THAT MY WIFE HAVE STUDENT VISA AND I WANT TO SETTLE ON HER DEPENDENT SO HOW LONG I STAY WITH MY WIFE ON DEPENDENT BASIS AND CAN I WORK AT CANADA ON THAT BASIS?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As I previous indicated many spouses are refused a visa to accompany their wife/husband to Canada as a student. A visa is not guaranteed. If you are approved for a SOWP the visa is the same length as the student permit.

Reactions: Neelraval

Neelraval

Sep 17, 2018
THANKS SIR FOR REPLY,
1. AFTER COMPLETING STUDY HOW MANY YEARS SHE(SPOUSE) CAN STAY IN CANADA FOR WORK.
2. WHEN WE CAN APPLY FOR PR. IN CANADA
3. IS IT POSSIBLE MY SPOUSE CAN GET PR AFTER 5YEARS FROM HER STUDY?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
1. You really need to do some research. If your wife studies qualify her for PGWP her WP time will be related to how long she studies. If she has a full-time job in NOC 0, A or B and 3 pay stub you would qualify for SOWP.
2, All depends on your circumstances. You still have to qualify. You will have to look at your CRS scores and the various immigration programs
3. Yes but nothing is guaranteed. Your family has to qualify like everyone else. You should do your research before she applies for school so you both can make a plan.

Please take off caps. It means yelling and it's hard to read.

Reactions: Neelraval

Neelraval

Sep 17, 2018
Thanks Sir,
I really appreciate your feed back.
Your advice will helpful to take necessary action in the matter. :):):)