+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For PINOYS: Spousal open work permit to canada.. Share tayo

pearlyshell

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gwendeerich said:
Thank you po sa mga tulong na natatanggap ko from all of you, may mg akatanungan pa ako kasi sabi doon all original documents, if ever ba babalik nila ang mga ito, and yung birth certificate ko ok lang ba na galing sa NSO office, and wala kasi kaming ibang mga assets ng asawa ko, ok lang din ba kung bank statement lang from his bank sa Canada stating a balance of 5K dollar?

Thanks po ulit!
birth certificate need original NSO copy.
ok ang bank statement from bank sa canada.

pearlyshell

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gwendeerich said:
Maraming salamat po tagala sa tulong at mga inpormasyon na natatanggap ko sa inyo!
hi gwendeerich..base s bawat tanong mo s list of requirements n naipost ko.

- spouse birth certificate - not necessarily n original from nso..you can provide if you want to.
- need bank certificate also if you submit bank statement (spouse bank acct)
- ok lng khit wala ang remittance receipt dahil makikita nmn s passport mo ung travels mo. you can include your reason to your cover letter.
- proof of funds - you can provide if you want khit hindi ikaw lang..

MamaNiAvie

Jun 11, 2013
MamaNiAvie said:
Hi!

Just new here. I was trying to google for an answer whether I'll be needing to get OEC and PDOS, and I landed in this forum. I am a silent member of P2C, i rarely participate because most of the topics are for caregivers. Dito pala ako makakatagpo ng katulad kong nag-aapply ng spousal owp.

Last I checked, OWP (Worker/W1) visa holders do not need to get OEC and PDOS, and only have to submit copies of the spouse's LMO, OEC, and PDOS, tama po ba? But the post was dated 2011 pa, are there any updates po ba, or the same applies now? Please help po so I can do something about it while there's still time. We are scheduled to depart on the 25th.

Btw, just to share my experience po, I applied online and here is my timeline as per mycic:

Copy E-application sent to call centre/submission confirmation - Feb 20, 2013
Medical Request (for me) - Feb 21, 2013
Medical Request (for my son) - Feb 26, 2013
Medical done - 1st to 2nd week of March (had some minor problems)
Request for additional documents (NBI, Spouse's Employment Letter, and T4 for 2012) - April 22, 2013
* I had problems uploading these additional documents via mycic. I inquired from 2 different cic email support about this but received no reply. I tried submitting the docs via webform, even if there was an instruction not to submit it anywhere else than mycic.
Original Passport Request - May 29, 2013
Scheduled for PP pickup via PIASI - May 31, 2013
Air 21 PP pickup - June 4, 2013
Received POE Introduction Letter - June 7, 2013
Received PP with visa stamp - June 8, 2013
*hoping to land before end of june 2013, july airfare starts to go high!

Hoping for your help! thanks all!

Update lang po, landed in alberta, canada on June 25, 2013.

To share also, here are the documents we submitted with our online application.

For me: (swop)
- IMM1295
- IMM 5645
- Proof of means of financial support (we submitted a bank cert of our dollar time deposit)
- Passport or travel document
- Digital photo
- proof of relationship (marriage contract only; did not need to submit pictures)
- IMM 5713
- schedule 1 - application for a temporary resident visa made outside canada
- Letter of Explanation

(Dear Visa Officer,

In addition to the bank certification uploaded with my application as Proof of Means of Financial Support, I am attaching herewith copies of the following documents:

1) (name of spouse) Employment Contract
2) (Spouse) Payslips from November 2012-January 2013
3) (Spouse) T4 2011
4) Job Offer Letter from ( name of employer)

Thank you,)

For myson (study permit) *pls note that my son was suppose to be an incoming college sophomore.

- IMM 1294
- passport or travel document
- digital photo
- letter of acceptance (he used a letter of acceptance from highschool)

And then what they requested for my additional documents were:
- nbi cert
- spouse t4 2012
- spouse employment letter

Yun lang po.

And para po dun sa mga nagreready na to fly to canada, you do not need to get PDOS nor COE, just secure a copy of your spouse's certified true copy of ofw info sheet from the poea records dept at 6th floor, they will require you to show the orig copy of your marriage cert and a valid ID, and submit copies of each. Prepare nyo nA ito para hindi pabalik-balik. At the airport's travel tax desk, you need to again show the orig copies of the info sheet, marriage cert, and birth cert of your children travelling with you, and again submit copies of each. As a depedent, you will pay a reduced amount of travel tax of 400@, and a processing fee of 200@. Aside from this, you will also pay the terminal fee of 550@.

While on board the plane, fill up the canada declaration form that will be given to you. At vancouver airport, regardless if this is your final destination, you will first fall in line sa Visitor's lane and show your passports, declaration form, (and boarding tickets pa ata). This is not the immigration yet, this is to check your declaration form (about what you are bringing in with you to canada). After this, get your luggages, park it in front of the immigration entrance, then fall in line sa work and study permit. Eto na po yung immigration. Do not worry! They are nice and considerate. Isa pa, legal naman ang pagpunta natin dito. You will first be asked of the purpose of your visit, work or study lang. Submit the Letter of Introduction, your passports, and the declaration form. Then dapat ready ang copies ng LMO, contract, visa, and permit ng asawa. Tayo yung wala ng masyadong tanong-tanong. They will issue you your permits and off you go to your final destination.

Kung may connecting flights pa kayo, and you already have your boarding tickets for this, you just need to drop your tagged luggages as soon as you enter the door leading to the domestic terminal, whether westjet or aircanada. Tapos derecho na kayo sa boarding gate. Those flying to edmonton, makikita nyo muna ang sundo nyo na sasalubong sa inyo bago nyo kunin ang luggages nyo :)

There, i hope i covered everything. Excited for all of you! Pray! Pray! Pray lang po!

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Question lng po!

Meron po ba ditong applicant na katulad ko na nagapply na ng PR before applying for Sowp and student visa for kids?

Nagkaconflict po ba yun dahil sabay yung processing?

march

May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-6-2013
charmainefrances said:
Question lng po!

Meron po ba ditong applicant na katulad ko na nagapply na ng PR before applying for Sowp and student visa for kids?

Nagkaconflict po ba yun dahil sabay yung processing?
yes mayroon po...at wla naman naging problema..nasa canada na po sya ngayon as SOWP and nasa final stage na po cla ngayon ng PR nila.

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
march said:
yes mayroon po...at wla naman naging problema..nasa canada na po sya ngayon as SOWP and nasa final stage na po cla ngayon ng PR nila.
Thank you po sa response. Ano po kaya ang name niya dito sa forum. Gusto ko po kasi mgtanong sa knya.
Naguguluhan npo kc tlga ko kung ano na gagawin ko.

Approved skilled worker po kc ako pero bgo pa ito ngapply na kc kmi ng pr under spousal sponsorship -inland application po yun. May dependent po ako sa pinas , my 12 year old son. Ngyon po mg 3 years npo sa nov. yung pr application nmin at wala p ding decision. Gusto ko po sna iapply yung anak ko ng student permit under the skilled worker program. Ang kinakaworry ko kc db ang student visa ay para lng sa mga mag stay dito temporarily, eh kung mkita nila n may pr application n kmi bka sabihin hindi na bblik anak ko sa pinas which to me eh gnun na nga. Parang yun yata yung dual intent n tinatawag. Pano po kaya ggwin ko. ??? Ano pong requirements to send. Should i send a cover letter din pg ngpasa nko ng sp application niya? Thanks po ulit!

Pingpuno

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Hello po! Mgtatanong lang sana ako mga forum :) ask ko lang sana kc mag 8months na ako da july 12 2013 pro hanggang ngayon wala parin ako natatanggap na additional doc.na hinihingi ?tpos na mr ko na send ng st.lukes noong feb 4. 2013 pa sa cem ,until now po waiting pa rin ako ..complete naman lahat ng sinubmit kong papers .nka pg follow up na rin ako dati pa Ang sagot ay on process pa rin raw..ang question ko po kahit po ba mg 9months or 12 months ang aplication may mga na dedeny parin po ba?? sna po may mg reply sa questions ko..maraing salamat at god bless us all :))

J-GRIN

Star Member
Jan 9, 2013
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MamaNiAvie said:
Update lang po, landed in alberta, canada on June 25, 2013.

To share also, here are the documents we submitted with our online application.

For me: (swop)
- IMM1295
- IMM 5645
- Proof of means of financial support (we submitted a bank cert of our dollar time deposit)
- Passport or travel document
- Digital photo
- proof of relationship (marriage contract only; did not need to submit pictures)
- IMM 5713
- Letter of Explanation

(Dear Visa Officer,

In addition to the bank certification uploaded with my application as Proof of Means of Financial Support, I am attaching herewith copies of the following documents:

1) (name of spouse) Employment Contract
2) (Spouse) Payslips from November 2012-January 2013
3) (Spouse) T4 2011
4) Job Offer Letter from ( name of employer)

Thank you,)

For myson (study permit) *pls note that my son was suppose to be an incoming college sophomore.

- IMM 1294
- passport or travel document
- digital photo
- letter of acceptance (he used a letter of acceptance from highschool)

And then what they requested for my additional documents were:
- nbi cert
- spouse t4 2012
- spouse employment letter

Yun lang po.

And para po dun sa mga nagreready na to fly to canada, you do not need to get PDOS nor COE, just secure a copy of your spouse's certified true copy of ofw info sheet from the poea records dept at 6th floor, they will require you to show the orig copy of your marriage cert and a valid ID, and submit copies of each. Prepare nyo nA ito para hindi pabalik-balik. At the airport's travel tax desk, you need to again show the orig copies of the info sheet, marriage cert, and birth cert of your children travelling with you, and again submit copies of each. As a depedent, you will pay a reduced amount of travel tax of 400 @ , and a processing fee of 200 @ . Aside from this, you will also pay the terminal fee of 550 @ .

While on board the plane, fill up the canada declaration form that will be given to you. At vancouver airport, regardless if this is your final destination, you will first fall in line sa Visitor's lane and show your passports, declaration form, (and boarding tickets pa ata). This is not the immigration yet, this is to check your declaration form (about what you are bringing in with you to canada). After this, get your luggages, park it in front of the immigration entrance, then fall in line sa work and study permit. Eto na po yung immigration. Do not worry! They are nice and considerate. Isa pa, legal naman ang pagpunta natin dito. You will first be asked of the purpose of your visit, work or study lang. Submit the Letter of Introduction, your passports, and the declaration form. Then dapat ready ang copies ng LMO, contract, visa, and permit ng asawa. Tayo yung wala ng masyadong tanong-tanong. They will issue you your permits and off you go to your final destination.

Kung may connecting flights pa kayo, and you already have your boarding tickets for this, you just need to drop your tagged luggages as soon as you enter the door leading to the domestic terminal, whether westjet or aircanada. Tapos derecho na kayo sa boarding gate. Those flying to edmonton, makikita nyo muna ang sundo nyo na sasalubong sa inyo bago nyo kunin ang luggages nyo :)

There, i hope i covered everything. Excited for all of you! Pray! Pray! Pray lang po!

Very informative ang post mo..thank you for posting,
Ang bilis din ng process ng papel nyo, while most of us here in forum are waiting for 7 months or more na..

gwendeerich

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Nueva Vizcaya, Philippines
Visa Office......
Visa Application Centre, Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
SOWP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-Feb-2013
Passport Req..
Sept. 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept. 23, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 26, 2013
pearlyshell said:
hi gwendeerich..base s bawat tanong mo s list of requirements n naipost ko.

- spouse birth certificate - not necessarily n original from nso..you can provide if you want to.
- need bank certificate also if you submit bank statement (spouse bank acct)
- ok lng khit wala ang remittance receipt dahil makikita nmn s passport mo ung travels mo. you can include your reason to your cover letter.
- proof of funds - you can provide if you want khit hindi ikaw lang..
Ano po ba ang nilalagay sa cover letter ng application?

J-GRIN

Star Member
Jan 9, 2013
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pingpuno said:
Hello po! Mgtatanong lang sana ako mga forum :) ask ko lang sana kc mag 8months na ako da july 12 2013 pro hanggang ngayon wala parin ako natatanggap na additional doc.na hinihingi ?tpos na mr ko na send ng st.lukes noong feb 4. 2013 pa sa cem ,until now po waiting pa rin ako ..complete naman lahat ng sinubmit kong papers .nka pg follow up na rin ako dati pa Ang sagot ay on process pa rin raw..ang question ko po kahit po ba mg 9months or 12 months ang aplication may mga na dedeny parin po ba?? sna po may mg reply sa questions ko..maraing salamat at god bless us all :))
Hi pingpuno, ramdam ko rin ang pgkainip mo,
Pero ang alam ko, wala nmn nadedeny jan, hihingi nmn cla ng addtional docs if d cla satiesfied s mga pinasa mo, ang lam ko lng nadedeny if ung work permit ng asawa mo maexpired na..
Kya dpat atleast 1year na valid ung work permit ng mga hubby ntin kpg ngpasa tau ng mga docs ntin..

Pingpuno

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Tnx sa reply j-grin :)...may 1 yr panaman validity ng hubby ko...sna sana lahat na tyo mabigyan na at sunud sunud na visa pgdating...god bless us all!!!!

J-GRIN

Star Member
Jan 9, 2013
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pingpuno said:
Tnx sa reply j-grin :)...may 1 yr panaman validity ng hubby ko...sna sana lahat na tyo mabigyan na at sunud sunud na visa pgdating...god bless us all!!!!
Oo nga, sna mgstart ng dumating mga visa ntin ngyng july!

Tobeyrich

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, hindi na pala nagpa-pick up ng applications ang PIASI? I just called them, then stop na daw ang pick up arrangement, nirefer lang din ako sa website.

dat_girl

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
FSTP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 08, 2014
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
PER - Aug 08, 2014
File Transfer...
ECAS: Process started Oct 17, 2014
Med's Request
Oct 22, 2014 together with RPRF request
Med's Done....
Oct 27, 2014
Tobeyrich said:
Hello everyone, hindi na pala nagpa-pick up ng applications ang PIASI? I just called them, then stop na daw ang pick up arrangement, nirefer lang din ako sa website.
check mo n lng ung bago nilang sistema..ung sa akin thru PIASI ang pick-up ng documents ko.

Tobeyrich

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dat_girl said:
check mo n lng ung bago nilang sistema..ung sa akin thru PIASI ang pick-up ng documents ko.
Hindi pa nga nila alam kung ano magiging new system, pero sa website, andun pa din ung thru PIASI then pwede din thru drop box, mail and courier.

@dat_girl, may pm ako sa fb mo