Feb. 9, 2011
Med's Done....
Feb. 12, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 19, 2011 (received May 26, 2011)
LANDED..........
June 8, 2011
chinaeyes said:

Hello! bago lang po ako dito sa forum. I would like to apply for SOWP , my husband is working as Food Counter Supervisor in British Columbia.I am in the process of gathering all the needed documents for the application . May question lang po ako on accomplishing the forms IMM1295 E. Under Details of Intended work in Canada question #2-5 data po ba ni husband ang ilalagay ko dito . I hope anyone in the forum could give me an idea. Thanks a lot
Hi, sis! Medyo matagal na ako nung nag apply for SOWP pero if that form is for the work permit application outside canada... those info will be yours kasi ikaw yung nag aapply ng spousal open work permit. It's the same form kasi with those who has an employer already. Pero sa case natin na spouse... wala pa tayong employer diba? So "not applicable or N/A" ang sinagot ko dyan.

Mga sis na recent lang nag fill up ng form... N/A ba nilagay nyo or you left it blank? Kasi i remember I left the others blank and just answered N/A dun sa employer info/ address.

ailooney

Apr 4, 2011
NE Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2011
AOR Received.
Feb. 2, 2011
Med's Request
Feb. 9, 2011
Med's Done....
Feb. 12, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 8, 2011
ishpiringkiting said:
sis ailooney, ako rin nga eh. naguguluhan. ang alam ko kasi under NOC C or D siya. But the employer, emailed him the guidelines in the application. In the application form IMM 1295 F, the ones that require personal answers, she left it blank. But the others, she was the one who answered. On the Details of Visit to Canada section, she indicated there that the purpose of his visit is open work-permit. Now i am really confused. Another form she indicated that my hubby is to fill-up is form IMM 5645 F -- which is the Family Information. Yes po, he has a positive LMO now. Thanks
Gets ko na.. kasi sa form may mga choices dun so Open Work Permit nga malamang yung isasagot nya dun pero kasi yung Work Permit is i-issue naman sa point of entry so sila na maglalagay ng employer and job title dun sa Work Permit. Visa ang matatanggap ng hubby mo sa Philippines.. his work permit will be issued sa point of entry ex. Vancouver.

He is under NOC C or D. And I'm not sure if Grande Prairie has a program similar to British Columbia. You have to confirm with CEM if you are eligible kasi ang alam namin dito is BC yung may ganung program na pwede ang NOC C or D. Si sis denissed under naman ng Live-in Caregiver Program hubby nya tapos ilang beses sya tumawag sa CEM sinabi sa kanya na pwede sya mag apply ng SOWP pero on her 5th try, sinabi sa kanya na hindi pala sya eligible to apply.

Sis, if you are eligible, you have to wait for your husband's Work Permit before you apply for SOWP.

chel12

Oct 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 25, 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 23, 2011
Med's Request
Nov 23, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 25 & Dec 14, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 20, 2012 VISA Received.: Feb 1, 2012
LANDED..........
Feb 10, 2012
ishpiringkiting said:
sis ailooney, ako rin nga eh. naguguluhan. ang alam ko kasi under NOC C or D siya. But the employer, emailed him the guidelines in the application. In the application form IMM 1295 F, the ones that require personal answers, she left it blank. But the others, she was the one who answered. On the Details of Visit to Canada section, she indicated there that the purpose of his visit is open work-permit. Now i am really confused. Another form she indicated that my hubby is to fill-up is form IMM 5645 F -- which is the Family Information. Yes po, he has a positive LMO now. Thanks
hi there!! welcome sa forum... makikisagot na lang ako ah.. Im not discouraging you sis, pero I dont think he has an open work permit kasi first of all meron si hubby mong LMO, that means he has a contract to a certain company.. and yung Family Information Form, para meron record ang CEM about the applicant's family background.. one of the reasons para bumalik sya sa country of origin nya... but of course, kung mejo naguguluhan pa din kayo, i think calling the embassy's call center is the best way para malaman mo yung ibig sabihin nung employer ni hubby mo dun bout sa "open work permit".. and also, you can always ask us here sa forum :)

chel12

Oct 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 25, 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 23, 2011
Med's Request
Nov 23, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 25 & Dec 14, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Feb 10, 2012
ailooney said:
Gets ko na.. kasi sa form may mga choices dun so Open Work Permit nga malamang yung isasagot nya dun pero kasi yung Work Permit is i-issue naman sa point of entry so sila na maglalagay ng employer and job title dun sa Work Permit. Visa ang matatanggap ng hubby mo sa Philippines.. his work permit will be issued sa point of entry ex. Vancouver.

He is under NOC C or D. And I'm not sure if Grande Prairie has a program similar to British Columbia. You have to confirm with CEM if you are eligible kasi ang alam namin dito is BC yung may ganung program na pwede ang NOC C or D. Si sis denissed under naman ng Live-in Caregiver Program hubby nya tapos ilang beses sya tumawag sa CEM sinabi sa kanya na pwede sya mag apply ng SOWP pero on her 5th try, sinabi sa kanya na hindi pala sya eligible to apply.

Sis, if you are eligible, you have to wait for your husband's Work Permit before you apply for SOWP.
ahaha..uu nga sis.. yun nga ata yung ibig sabihin nung nakalagay na OWP sa application ni hubby nya.. ganun din daw yung kay hubby ko nung first time sya nag-apply as food counter attendant eh.. :D

chinaeyes

Jan 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-3-2012
AOR Received.
20-03-2012 date of CEM letter 23-03-2012:request received
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26-03-2012
ailooney said:
Hi, sis! Medyo matagal na ako nung nag apply for SOWP pero if that form is for the work permit application outside canada... those info will be yours kasi ikaw yung nag aapply ng spousal open work permit. It's the same form kasi with those who has an employer already. Pero sa case natin na spouse... wala pa tayong employer diba? So "not applicable or N/A" ang sinagot ko dyan.

Mga sis na recent lang nag fill up ng form... N/A ba nilagay nyo or you left it blank? Kasi i remember I left the others blank and just answered N/A dun sa employer info/ address.
Hi! ailooney thank you so much for the reply atleast i have an idea kung ano ilalagay ko sa part ng form na yun. Anyway , nasa gathering stage palang naman ako ng documents but hopefully i could submit it before the end of march.I'll just log in this site more often para i'll be guided and updated sa process ng application .Im so happy to find this forum nakita ko yung mga previous threads and I find it very helpful para sa mga mag-aapply palang like me.

ishpiringkiting

Jan 11, 2012
Thank you for the replies sis ailooney and chel12! :) yun din pagkakaalam ko eh, i cannot apply cause he is under the semi-skilled worker category. maybe if he progresses to a higher position, baka pwede na.hahaha. ang hirap naman nun, 2years kami magkakahiwalay. :( but, it's for the betterment of our family and for the future, so, go go go! :) sana magkaroon na ng program ang Grande Prairie sa mga semi-skilled workers.hahaha! ;D to all who answered my queries, thanks so much!!!!! it really helped! ;)

ailooney

Apr 4, 2011
NE Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2011
AOR Received.
Feb. 2, 2011
Med's Request
Feb. 9, 2011
Med's Done....
Feb. 12, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 8, 2011
ishpiringkiting said:
Thank you for the replies sis ailooney and chel12! :) yun din pagkakaalam ko eh, i cannot apply cause he is under the semi-skilled worker category. maybe if he progresses to a higher position, baka pwede na.hahaha. ang hirap naman nun, 2years kami magkakahiwalay. :( but, it's for the betterment of our family and for the future, so, go go go! :) sana magkaroon na ng program ang Grande Prairie sa mga semi-skilled workers.hahaha! ;D to all who answered my queries, thanks so much!!!!! it really helped! ;)
Don't worry, sis. You will be reunited in God's time. Pray natin mapromote agad hubby mo. Hindi ka nag iisa kasi halos lahat din ng mga sis naghintay din. 2yrs kami ng hubby ko married before ako nakarating, 1 yr dun mag bf. Yung iba 4 yrs hiwalay sa family. Keep in touch nalang para makasali ka baka gumawa kami ng facebook page soon. Hehe :D

macabanting

Oct 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2012
AOR Received.
08-09-2012
Med's Request
08-09-2012
Med's Done....
17-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2012
LANDED..........
28-02-2013
Sis ailooney, good idea ang ;) sariling facebook page ah... Hehehe... Or gawa ng group sa fb as SOWP... ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D God Bless everyone..

ianovy16

Star Member
Aug 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 01, 2012
AOR Received.
MARCH 9, 2012
Med's Request
MARCH 9, 2012
Med's Done....
March 13, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
:D :Dhi chinaeyes. welcome sa forum. :D

chel12

Oct 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 25, 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 23, 2011
Med's Request
Nov 23, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 25 & Dec 14, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Feb 10, 2012
To all NEWBIES and OLDIES (este members) of SOWP Forum:

Please share your email add(s) or fb accounts so we can add you to our very first FB group page: Spousal/Common Law Open Work Permit

We can share all ideas, new infos, pictures with your loved ones and friends (if you want lang naman), and any other questions you want to know...
Mejo madame na kasi dito sa forum, mahirap na mag-backread :D

All the requirements will be posted there...
Even all the things you need to do during your flight to Canada..

And syempre para friends na tayong lahat sa FB.. ;D
Soon we'll have our General Assembly/Meet-ups/Gathering.. dun na lang yung announcements..

you can add me din sa fb: rm_manez@yahoo.com (please tell me your screen name here sa forum so i could recognize you ok.. :) )

SEE YOU ALL THERE! :-*

SugarHigh

Sep 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 13, 2011
AOR Received.
Dec 29, 11 ; Jan 4, 2012
Med's Request
Dec 29, 11 ; Jan 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 5, 2012 Med Forwarded to CEM: Jan 11, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 30, 2012 ; Visa received Feb 7, 2012
gandanglola said:
Mga forum mates eto check nyo tong
BLOOMING AND GRACES TRAVEL AND TOURS MAS MURA AT SHE IS MY FRIEND...
ETO TEL NUMBER NYA 359-5621...
SA MGA MAY VISA NA U CAN CALL THIS TRAVEL AND TOURS SHE IS MY FRIEND A GOOD FRIEND..

GOO LUCK TO ALL!
Called her yesterday. Still waiting for her email, Thanks po, :)

SugarHigh

Sep 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 13, 2011
AOR Received.
Dec 29, 11 ; Jan 4, 2012
Med's Request
Dec 29, 11 ; Jan 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 5, 2012 Med Forwarded to CEM: Jan 11, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 30, 2012 ; Visa received Feb 7, 2012
ynoweh said:
Hi sis gandanglola!!! Congrats po!!! Grabe ha, 1 day lang after receipt ng CEM, meron na gad response, ang bait bait bait talaga ni Lord.. Gusto na Nya makasama mo family mo, kasi daw matagal na tong desire ng heart mo, nacoconfuse ka lang before kung igogo... O di ba po ang saya saya ng feeling.. MR palang, lalo napo pag visa.. ;D :D

By the way, there's a pay parking beside the clinic.. P30.00. but it's too small to accommodate a number of cars. We were able to, because we arrived 520am. If your family will have somebody to drive for them, there's a nearest mall, Robinsons, with basement parking. The driver could pass the time there... Or if your hubby will be the one to drive, I suggest that they all come very early for the parking slot. I don't recommend parking the car on the street, it's a very busy one so you could never be certain about your car's safety.

Good luck po sa medical ng family mo, ate! We'll pray for their clear results...Pray pray and pray.. ;D ;) :D
Hi, if youre doing it at st lukes, i suggest you go early like 5 or 530, sa may puregold po sa may tapat ng ministop, may parking space, pwede magpark, dun ko pinark ung car ko for the whole day, super lapit lang sya sa clinic, safe naman po kc may guard, pag early kc wala pang ngpapark dun, :) wala po akong binayaran nung time na yun kc wala ung parking collector from the city government, pero sabi ng taga puregold 30/ day daw po dun.

milleth082002

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6 2013
Med's Request
Feb 14 2014
Med's Done....
March 7 2014
chel12 said:
To all NEWBIES and OLDIES (este members) of SOWP Forum:

Please share your email add(s) or fb accounts so we can add you to our very first FB group page: Spousal/Common Law Open Work Permit

We can share all ideas, new infos, pictures with your loved ones and friends (if you want lang naman), and any other questions you want to know...
Mejo madame na kasi dito sa forum, mahirap na mag-backread :D

All the requirements will be posted there...
Even all the things you need to do during your flight to Canada..

And syempre para friends na tayong lahat sa FB.. ;D
Soon we'll have our General Assembly/Meet-ups/Gathering.. dun na lang yung announcements..

you can add me din sa fb: rm_manez @ yahoo.com (please tell me your screen name here sa forum so i could recognize you ok.. :) )

SEE YOU ALL THERE! :-*
Chel nice to here that from your end. Please add me sa FB Group account ha! See you in Canada by April. Tentative na alis namin April 24 kasi yun na ang earliest flight na open but we are still looking to other travel agency. GOD BLESS :) :) :)

milleth082002

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6 2013
Med's Request
Feb 14 2014
Med's Done....
March 7 2014
ynoweh said:
Hello sa lahat, sobrang active ng forum.. kakatuwa.. ;D :D Please bear with us kung di kami masyado makahabol.. :'( Meydo sobrang busy lang talaga.. :-\ Ayk, medyo tapos sobra? :eek: :-\ Grabe, talagang wala ako sa hulog sa dami ng isipin.. Pero on top of everything, I am so so excited for our trip, especially I'll be with my son and nigella15 sa matagal na byaheng mla-hk-vancouver...

Sa LAHAT po ( dati kasi isa-isa ;) ), congrats & good luck sa mga undertakings... God is always with us, so fear not. God bless mga sis at bro.. ;) :) :D ;D
Nakaka-ingit naman kayo ni Nigealla malapit na alis ninyo at magkasabay pa kayo. VON VOYAGE and have a safe trip. San nga kayo nakapagpa-book na travel agency? Tentative na alis namin is April 24 kasi fully book daw April pero I'm still looking 1st week flight in April kung meron open sched. Excited ako sa reunion nyo ng family ninyo. Don't forget to upload mga pictures ha! :) :) :)

chinaeyes

Jan 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-3-2012
AOR Received.
Med's Request