Feb. 9, 2011
Med's Done....
Feb. 12, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 19, 2011 (received May 26, 2011)
LANDED..........
June 8, 2011
ragluf said:
Thanks sa responses. My wife is coming back to Manila to attend to some matters, and is on a SOWP (applied within Canada), but her visa has expired, so she will need to get one from CEM. One of the problems we expected was being on SOWP, and this being known sa CIC systems - if she applies for a visa - baka ang ibigay is W-1 which is a red flag sa NAIA immigration natin (hassle!) pag bumalik naman sya dito. Hopefully walang aberya - will follow the tips here.
Hi, bro. Actually, W-1 ang issued samin. Worker Category. All she has to do sa NAIA is ilabas yung letter nya from CEM (and her passport) which states that her open work permit will be issued sa Canada. I suggest na yung documents mo and documents nya is i-organize lang nya and bring with her just in case na may maghanap (baka hanapin sa Vancouver). But in my case, wala na kasing hinanap sakin kundi yung passport and letter from CEM. dependent's visa sya kung hindi nila recognized yung spousal open work permit. Although, so far wala na naka-encounter sa NAIA na hindi nakakaalam nito. Basta tandaan nya na hindi sya pdeng pumila sa workers (OFW). Sa Vancouver sa right side sya (hindi din sa immigrants ha).

She can also print out a copy nung nasa CIC website about spousal open work permit just in case na hindi alam nung NAIA officer. and also, print out some from this forum para malakas ang depensa. hehehe. :D

Hope everything goes well. :)

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks sa tips. Actually hindi sa CEM galing ang SOWP nya. Issued here sa Canada (we have been here in NS since 2010) - I am on a WP; she accompanied me on a visitor's visa (6months), then before expiry ng visitor record nya we successfully applied for an SWOP using CIC's online application portal. So extended na din stay nya for the duration ng WP ko. We have filed our APR under NSNP last year. Kailangan lang bumalik sya to attend to family matters - so sa CEM she will apply for a visa for her to go back here in Canada.

ailooney

Apr 4, 2011
NE Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2011
AOR Received.
Feb. 2, 2011
Med's Request
Feb. 9, 2011
Med's Done....
Feb. 12, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 8, 2011
ragluf said:
Thanks sa tips. Actually hindi sa CEM galing ang SOWP nya. Issued here sa Canada (we have been here in NS since 2010) - I am on a WP; she accompanied me on a visitor's visa (6months), then before expiry ng visitor record nya we successfully applied for an SWOP using CIC's online application portal. So extended na din stay nya for the duration ng WP ko. We have filed our APR under NSNP last year. Kailangan lang bumalik sya to attend to family matters - so sa CEM she will apply for a visa for her to go back here in Canada.

oohh ok! akala ko sa Phils sya mag file ulet ng SOWP. that means, re-entry visa lang right? 6 days lang yun. :)

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. I am hoping tama yung nasa website ng CEM for Re-Entry Visa Applicants (i.e; Priority Processing - 3 days via call centre) para mas mabilis lang. Mukhang I'll be also coming back home also - and will also need to get a Re-entry visa. I'll post my experiences here for reference.

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
January 2012, PPS Sent - February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
already landed :))
ragluf said:
Thanks. I am hoping tama yung nasa website ng CEM for Re-Entry Visa Applicants (i.e; Priority Processing - 3 days via call centre) para mas mabilis lang. Mukhang I'll be also coming back home also - and will also need to get a Re-entry visa. I'll post my experiences here for reference.
how could she re enter canada if she has an expired visa? parang she needs to re apply for a new visa? & i think for you as worker== you need to make sure that you'll bring with you your new LMO, a letter from your company or an employment contract...you have to be 100% sure na when you exit canada,you will not encounter any hassle when you re enter...sabi nga nila napakadali lumabas ng canada,ang toxic lang yun pagre enter...so better ask our call center there in CEM...

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi faithyou,

Thanks - two things po -
1. My wife has an expired visa, but a valid SWOP up to the date of my current WP. She will come home and apply for a re-entry visa with CEM. She does not need to re-apply for an SWOP again as the SWOP is still valid but she will need to get a re-entry visa.
2. For me - I hava a valid WP and an expired entry visa. I have exited Canada 2x already - and have re-entered by W-1/re-entry visas. I may be coming home mid-year but I still have a valid WP and, as my latest entry visa has expired, I will now need to apply for a re-entry visa at CEM. I only need to bring a copy of my current WP, a letter of verification from my company that I am currently employed with them.
Thanks,

solit

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 27 - received by cio ns
Med's Request
aug 25
Med's Done....
oct 4 - ecas showing received application
ragluf said:
hi faithyou,

Thanks - two things po -
1. My wife has an expired visa, but a valid SWOP up to the date of my current WP. She will come home and apply for a re-entry visa with CEM. She does not need to re-apply for an SWOP again as the SWOP is still valid but she will need to get a re-entry visa.
2. For me - I hava a valid WP and an expired entry visa. I have exited Canada 2x already - and have re-entered by W-1/re-entry visas. I may be coming home mid-year but I still have a valid WP and, as my latest entry visa has expired, I will now need to apply for a re-entry visa at CEM. I only need to bring a copy of my current WP, a letter of verification from my company that I am currently employed with them.
Thanks,

hi ragluf, pwede ka din mag apply ng visa mo sa buffalo, para wala ka nang aasikasuhin pag uwi mo sa pinas. it takes 2 weeks of waiting.

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
hi there Im just new at this forum and im just wondering what is this spousal open work permit application thing? coz im here in canada under LCP and my husband is already a PR but its a long story. i just wanted to know is it possible that i can apply for this spousal open work permit eventhough im already here in canada working as a live in caregiver? can somebody explain it further.. thanks and Godbless to all of us!

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mam solit,

Nice news!!! I do not need to exit right to apply via Buffalo VO right! Wow - start na naman ng katakot-takot na internet research sa CIC eto!

Thanks a lot for the lead!

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yffAm said:
hi there Im just new at this forum and im just wondering what is this spousal open work permit application thing? coz im here in canada under LCP and my husband is already a PR but its a long story. i just wanted to know is it possible that i can apply for this spousal open work permit eventhough im already here in canada working as a live in caregiver? can somebody explain it further.. thanks and Godbless to all of us!
Ma'am:

From the main cic.gc.ca link - (sorry not allowed to post the links directly) - Home > Working Temporarily in Canada. Here is an excerpt:

If your family members want to work in Canada
If you are authorized to work in Canada, your accompanying family members may also be able to work here by virtue of the permit you were issued. No other authorization is required. If they intend to work while in Canada, they should find out if they are eligible for an "open" work permit. Open work permits allow them to work in any job with any employer. An open work permit also means that they may be hired without the employer having to obtain a labour market opinion (the normal authorization required). Certain jobs may require medical checks or licensing from professional organizations. Accompanying family members' work permits will be valid for no longer than the duration of your own work permit.

Typically, your spouse's eligibility for an open work permit depends on the skill level of your job. If the job you are doing is listed as NOC 0, A or B in the National Occupational Classification, your spouse or common-law partner will be eligible for an open work permit. You must also be authorized to work in Canada for a period of at least six months.'...."
- more information on the cic site.

solit

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 27 - received by cio ns
Med's Request
aug 25
Med's Done....
oct 4 - ecas showing received application
ragluf said:
mam solit,

Nice news!!! I do not need to exit right to apply via Buffalo VO right! Wow - start na naman ng katakot-takot na internet research sa CIC eto!

Thanks a lot for the lead!

hi ito yung link..2 weeks ago kc sinamahan ko yun friend ko nag print ng form and nagsend ng application, then ngayun dumating na yung visa nya, kc plan din nyang umuwi sa pinas by april.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

jayar

Feb 17, 2012
Hi everyone....

I need some help from you guys....i got my LMOs and I am planning to start my temporary working visa is it possible to apply my wife and kids @ the same time...?

Thanks....

ailooney

Apr 4, 2011
NE Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2011
AOR Received.
Feb. 2, 2011
Med's Request
Feb. 9, 2011
Med's Done....
Feb. 12, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 8, 2011
jayar said:
Hi everyone....

I need some help from you guys....i got my LMOs and I am planning to start my temporary working visa is it possible to apply my wife and kids @ the same time...?

Thanks....
Hi! What is your NOC category/ job code? If you are under the skilled category, you can let your spouse and kids apply. Which province will you be going to?

ynoweh

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2013
Doc's Request.
Jan. 29, 2014 (PCC)
AOR Received.
July 9, 2013
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Jan. 29, 2014
Med's Done....
March 1 & 10, 2014 MR Received....: April 3, 2014
Passport Req..
April 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 16, 2014; VISA Received: April 24, 2014
LANDED..........
May 9, 2014
Hmmmm ang tahimik ng forum ??? ??? :-[ :-X :mad: :mad: :'( :'(

Hello!! Di nako makapagbackread.. Hello nalang po sa lahat... Hope to read positive news this week and in the coming weeks: VISA for ate milleth, nigella, me, annz, lexie_nicole and sa mga inaaspire ng iba pa: WP at AoR/MR, makukuha din natin yun, just hold on to our faith and sooner, He will give it to us...

Like what vinzoy said in her post, be ready to receive one of the greatest blessings of God... ;) ;D :D God bless us all, mga sis at bro!!! :D ;D