+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For all who Landed as PR (LESS than 5 years ago)

umairfood1

Aug 25, 2013
If they fix the calculator I think all people who landed no later than 3 and a half years ago will not need a PC. Also, if they fix the calculator then everybody will be released from that because the eligibility period would change.
I wish but do u think they did it unintentionally as some the friend who is consultant thinks they did it intentionally so maximum people will run for police check for the period they even did not enter Canada it could reduce their burden in start??

apple57

Oct 11, 2017
I wish but do u think they did it unintentionally as some the friend who is consultant thinks they did it intentionally so maximum people will run for police check for the period they even did not enter Canada it could reduce their burden in start??
I don`t want to blame anyone, but everything is possible.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hello All,

I am starting new thread: for all people who landed as PR less than 5 years ago.

Well, it is very confusing and frustrating. Obviously, CIC misses "Landing date" in their online calculator. If that option was used all misunderstandings would have been avoided as this option would have changed the eligibility period for all people who are in Canada (as PR`s) for less than 5 years. Their eligibility period would start at the date they landed, not before that. How come, for example, I am 4 years in Canada and they ask me if I left Canada in the last 5 years???

So, if they stay with the same online presence calculator WE all need to submit CIT0177E-2 form?That is impossible, but as per question 9c during eligibility period if one has lived outside of Canada, then we need to fill it. Also, when you open the form, the title is Residence outside of Canada as a crown servant or with a crown servant family member? Unbelievable.

So confusing, they immediately need to update their online physical presence calculator. Obviously, CIC missed this.

Any thoughts? Any people in the same situation?
Yes, frustrating indeed. People who've been following this forum for a while know that this rarely happens, but I - of all people - don't know what to do with this question.

This is how the question is at the moment:
"During your eligibility period, did you live outside of Canada?"
If No, then you are good
If Yes, you are requested to fill a form that doesn't apply to 99.999% of applicants. In fact you can't even fill that form meaningfully.

The question SHOULD read:
"Did you live outside of Canada during the eligibility period AND do you want to claim residency credit for this time outside Canada?"
Then everything would be clear.
If No, you are good
If Yes, you are - this time correctly - requested to fill that special form.

The first, current, version of the question is also completely pointless because on the very next page you will fill in all your residences, so the general question if you lived outside Canada or not is answered there anyways.

People say that this is a clear answer, simply tick "No" if you don't want to claim crown servant credit. This might work but strictly speaking you are answering the question wrong, because you lived outside Canada.

It really blows my mind how they could mess this up. I and many others on this forum spend hours to help people who are being confused by the already very complicated forms and guides. And then IRCC comes around and actually produces a form that has a question that one either has to lie on or otherwise one has to fill a form that doesn't apply to the situation.

I. Am. So. Frustrated. And believe me, I am not one of those people that get frustrated easily.

apple57

Oct 11, 2017
Yes, frustrating indeed. People who've been following this forum for a while know that this rarely happens, but I - of all people - don't know what to do with this question.

If No, then you are good
If Yes, you are requested to fill a form that doesn't apply to 99.999% of applicants. In fact you can't even fill that form meaningfully.

"Did you live outside of Canada during the eligibility period AND do you want to claim residency credit for this time outside Canada?"
If No, you are good

The first, current, version of the question is also completely pointless because on the very next page you will fill in all your residences, so the general question if you lived outside Canada or not is answered there anyways.

People say that this is a clear answer, simply tick "No" if you don't want to claim crown servant credit. This might work but strictly speaking you are answering the question wrong, because you lived outside Canada.

It really blows my mind how they could mess this up. I and many others on this forum spend hours to help people who are being confused by the already very complicated forms and guides. And then IRCC comes around and actually produces a form that has a question that one either has to lie on or otherwise one has to fill a form that doesn't apply to the situation.

I. Am. So. Frustrated. And believe me, I am not one of those people that get frustrated easily.
Thanks for your opinion. I really do not know what we are going to do with this...

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
Cic people know what they are doing, when u use the calculator they focus on days after you become a permanent resident; however, you must cover all eligible period which is 5 years before the application date. I've been fighting for this issue since the first mint i seen the new form! I posted here many times and contacted cic by phone and on Twitter. Matters don't seem to be changed soon. So it's what it's, unfortunately!

apple57

Oct 11, 2017
Cic people know what they are doing, when u use the calculator they focus on days after you become a permanent resident; however, you must cover all eligible period which is 5 years before the application date. I've been fighting for this issue since the first mint i seen the new form! I posted here many times and contacted cic by phone and on Twitter. Matters don't seem to be changed soon. So it's what it's, unfortunately!
Solution???

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014

If No, then you are good

If No, you are good

I Do believe you, your madness surprised me more than the form

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I can't apply right now, so I'll just hope they'll correct this before it's my turn. For those who want to apply right now, this is what I would do:

Truthfully answer the question with "Yes". Then, after printing, add in handwriting "See explanation on separate page". Then, on a separate page write:

"Explanation regarding Question 9(c): As you can see in the list in question 10 (a), I resided outside Canada during the eligibility period. This is why I correctly chose "Yes" as an Answer to Question 9(c). You ask to then provide form CIT0177. However, this form does not apply to me. Yes, I resided outside Canada but No, I do not intend to claim any of that time as residence in the sense of Crown Servants working abroad. This very rare case does not apply to me and this is why I do not provide that form."

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
I can't apply right now, so I'll just hope they'll correct this before it's my turn. For those who want to apply right now, this is what I would do:

Truthfully answer the question with "Yes". Then, after printing, add in handwriting "See explanation on separate page". Then, on a separate page write:

"Explanation regarding Question 9(c): As you can see in the list in question 10 (a), I resided outside Canada during the eligibility period. This is why I correctly chose "Yes" as an Answer to Question 9(c). You ask to then provide form CIT0177. However, this form does not apply to me. Yes, I resided outside Canada but No, I do not intend to claim any of that time as residence in the sense of Crown Servants working abroad. This very rare case does not apply to me and this is why I do not provide that form."
I replied one of your post today but I think u didn't see it. Anyway I called cic I'm regard this question, after putting me on hold he told me answer NO and explain in a separate sheet that this is not applicable to you . He wants me to explain how stupid they are!

Reactions: SHAHRAMZM

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I replied one of your post today but I think u didn't see it. Anyway I called cic I'm regard this question, after putting me on hold he told me answer NO and explain in a separate sheet that this is not applicable to you . He wants me to explain how stupid they are!
Thanks for the update. In that case, as that guy told you, pick No but provide an explanation.

It really is just stupid.

apple57

Oct 11, 2017

Thanks SPYFY, this is very helpful.

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
Solution???
Wait wait and wait. The two main issues for me the police record check from back home which i can skip it if I apply next month. The other question is 9c which I answer it as I mentioned above.
Thanks for the update. In that case, as that guy told you, pick No but provide an explanation.

It really is just stupid.
I know, It's the only way to waive this big obstacle otherwise we have to wait they might change it( but i don't think so).

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Just to clarify my frustration: I don't think anyones application will not be accepted due to that 9c question.

What frustrates me is that IRCC is known for returning applications for nitpicky reasons (like a missing "N/A" in a box or not ticking a box that they could easily correct just from context). So they have this really high standard, but then they themselves don't live up to those standards.

And yes, I am not a citizen yet, but I pay taxes like everyone else and someone is getting paid with our money that doesn't deserve it.

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
@spyfy

There is a question asks for other names I have used, I think it's number 6. If I have never used any other names beside my legal name do i need to write my name again or just NA?!

wargo

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Hope in January 2013
@spyfy

There is a question asks for other names I have used, I think it's number 6. If I have never used any other names beside my legal name do i need to write my name again or just NA?!

I simply wrote N/A . Click the help button and it will tell you to fill it if you had other names only

Reactions: mosaab and spyfy