+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For all those who sent their applications today oct 11 2017 what mistakes did you make?

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
It was changed in August 2017 to 50 mm x 70 mm (2″ x 2 ¾″) and used to be smaller than that before
Yup. When I went to take my photo I had remembered it was 50x70 and the photographer in the corner store asked what for. I said Citizienship. He was like that's not the right size. I showed him on my phone, and he was like "OK Whatever, Lets Go".

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
many of us have given addresses or employment dating back 2010

Why would some people give employment history from 2010, when they form clearly says within the "eligibility period"... which cannot be older than 2012 (if you are applying between now and december)?

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
As I wrote on another thread in regards to photos, I suggest you guys use Costco (if you or relatives... are members). They already have the latest specifications and instructions and it costs less than $7

Reactions: woodworker

davidken1

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
On the photo spec, it says:

• Your photographs must comply with the specifications below. If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed.
Maybe they wont return the application, just ask for you to submit new photos. Wait a month or 45 days to find out.
Thanks

Ukrainiandude

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Hi guys,

I just discovered that the studio I went to take my photo in Calgary printed me the old specification even though i told them about the new specification and the guy told me they are aware of the recent change and that the settings in their system would automatically print out the new photo size. I believed him and thought they know what they were doing. I got to know mine was the wrong size when I took a friend there yesterday and I noticed the size that was printed for him was bigger than the one they did for me last month so I ask what was going on and the guy was telling me stories bla bla.

Now I'm not sure if my application would be returned because of this? Any idea what could happen to my application? anybody once in this kind of situation with wrong citizenship photo size? Anything I can do to safe my application from getting returned?

Thanks guys
I told mine photographer just to make two passport photos and stamp both, she said usually I stamp only one. I said that's what they want now .
She agreed.
End of story.

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hi guys,

I just discovered that the studio I went to take my photo in Calgary printed me the old specification even though i told them about the new specification and the guy told me they are aware of the recent change and that the settings in their system would automatically print out the new photo size. I believed him and thought they know what they were doing. I got to know mine was the wrong size when I took a friend there yesterday and I noticed the size that was printed for him was bigger than the one they did for me last month so I ask what was going on and the guy was telling me stories bla bla.

Now I'm not sure if my application would be returned because of this? Any idea what could happen to my application? anybody once in this kind of situation with wrong citizenship photo size? Anything I can do to safe my application from getting returned?

Thanks guys
i took mine in staples calgary too and she was giving me shit about getting my app returned if i stamp both , i insisted and she did , so in ur case they will request new photos but your application would not be returned

raphi974

Oct 20, 2017
i took mine in staples calgary too and she was giving me shit about getting my app returned if i stamp both , i insisted and she did , so in ur case they will request new photos but your application would not be returned
I Hope it too, it's mentioned everywhere that your application will be returned if it's imcomplete,but about pictures it's mentionned they ll request others prior to get your application processed,which loggically would mean they wont return your application.
In my opinion it heavily depends on officer cause apparently some had their applucation returned.

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
I Hope it too, it's mentioned everywhere that your application will be returned if it's imcomplete,but about pictures it's mentionned they ll request others prior to get your application processed,which loggically would mean they wont return your application.
In my opinion it heavily depends on officer cause apparently some had their applucation returned.
i see, yeah the officer in charge too is the greatest worry, just pray it wont even be noticeable by him

victory123

Sep 17, 2012
Hi Everyone,
I came to Canada as a landed immigrant in January 2014 and I satisfy physical presence clause. Should I wait till Jan 2019 or am I eligible to apply right now.
Thanks

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi Everyone,
I came to Canada as a landed immigrant in January 2014 and I satisfy physical presence clause. Should I wait till Jan 2019 or am I eligible to apply right now.
Thanks
If you satisfy the 1095 residency requirement, then you can apply now. Fill in the online calculator and see what it says.

snowflake2012

Star Member
Jul 24, 2012
I have put the documents in the below order! Yes, Photos first on the package as photos are in a small envelope so I didn't want to lose them.

1. Photos (In an envelope – written my full name and UCI # on the envelope)

2. Application – CIT 002 (signed and dated)

3. Physical presence calculator (signed and dated)

4. Photocopies of valid and expired passports (biographical pages only from both the passports)

5. Copy of confirmation of permanent residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688)

6. Copy of Permanent Resident Card (PR Card)

7. Photocopies of proof of English (Diploma certificate)

8. Photocopies of 2 pieces of ID (Drivers license and Passport copy)

9. Receipt of an application fee of $630.00 paid online
Did you include the document checklist (CIT0007E)?

Krutika

Star Member
May 5, 2016
Did you include the document checklist (CIT0007E)?
I've been looking for where it says what happens, if you don't include the checklist .. couldn't find a definite, except that one needs to be submitted ..
Would they return the app .. and where does it say so ..?

zztop

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
I need help from someone whoalready applied ,regarding Q11! After I complete form and print it out doesn't show full fields?
Appreciate if someone can help

snowflake2012

Star Member
Jul 24, 2012
I've been looking for where it says what happens, if you don't include the checklist .. couldn't find a definite, except that one needs to be submitted ..
Would they return the app .. and where does it say so ..?
At the end of the Document checklist (CIT0007E), it says, "Mail your fully completed application form and all required documents with this checklist to: ......(Include this complted documents checklist with your application package). "

But it doesn't say whether an applicaion would be returned if the checklist is not included.