+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For 27 months I have applied for Citizenship!

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
ok. https://atimmigrationlaw.com/ this lawyer helped me my file was paper applied in oct 2020 and was stuck for almost 20 months same old covid reason and i attended my citizenship test outside Canada so one more reason for delay. But after filing Mandamus all of a sudden there was no covid or delay. Oath was scheduled and decision was made. Most of the application sent during covid are lying in shelf with Month and year dated. Priority is given to online applications from what I know its easy to process rather than taking out old files and work on them. Upto you guys if you want headache of checking application everyday or go through lawyers.

Reactions: marklonggo

Fatme2009

Star Member
May 14, 2021
ok. https://atimmigrationlaw.com/ this lawyer helped me my file was paper applied in oct 2020 and was stuck for almost 20 months same old covid reason and i attended my citizenship test outside Canada so one more reason for delay. But after filing Mandamus all of a sudden there was no covid or delay. Oath was scheduled and decision was made. Most of the application sent during covid are lying in shelf with Month and year dated. Priority is given to online applications from what I know its easy to process rather than taking out old files and work on them. Upto you guys if you want headache of checking application everyday or go through lawyers.
Hi I did apply before Covid which’s August 2019 till now waiting I do call every day I check my application maybe 20 times a day am sick and tired of this so please tell what u did exactly thank u

Reactions: marklonggo

yma981

Dec 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Lebanon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
25-07-2013
35 months and counting, Feb 2020 applicant, received test in June 2022 and nothing since then :(

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
35 months and counting, Feb 2020 applicant, received test in June 2022 and nothing since then :(
33 months counting...

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
How much does Mandamus cost?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I am July 2019 Applicant. Passed the test in July 2021. Only BG and Test completed. Everything else is in process. Scarborough Office. Sheer incompetency by IRCC.
That's really something...

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
How long takes the process for you?

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
28 months here. I got my GCSM note and for a year they didn't touch my application.
I already contacted a journalist in CBC and he told me if you don't have any update by end of January contact me again to see what we can do.
I already contacted MP and call.. nothing. I even sent emails to PM office and Minster of immigration :)

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Everyone who has exceeded the 24 months processing time and isn't getting any updates from IRCC should form a group and meet a journalist to ask the immigration minister and IRCC directly why it's taking too long. I've read some articles where after a journalist inquiry, IRCC made a decision on their files.

And yes IRCC does forget files or lose track of older files because it could have been assigned to a staff that's on leave or no longer works with IRCC.

If you don't make a move or perhaps even get a lawyer to file a mandamus, nothing will happen because IRCC just doesn't care enough to search for older files to see if they are being attended to

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
Everyone who has exceeded the 24 months processing time and isn't getting any updates from IRCC should form a group and meet a journalist to ask the immigration minister and IRCC directly why it's taking too long. I've read some articles where after a journalist inquiry, IRCC made a decision on their files.

And yes IRCC does forget files or lose track of older files because it could have been assigned to a staff that's on leave or no longer works with IRCC.

If you don't make a move or perhaps even get a lawyer to file a mandamus, nothing will happen because IRCC just doesn't care enough to search for older files to see if they are being attended to
Yes this is my case, my file supposed to be revisited by Jan 2022 but then no body touch it until Dec 2022. My FP already expired and I am sure they gonna ask for new one.
In the notes it was saying it was pulled from archive, seems all 2019/2020 applications put somewhere and they forgot about them.
If anyone wants to talk to the CBC journalist, let me know I will connect you to him. I already sent him info about the forum and the excel tracker for 2020/2019 applications.
Someone already did an interview on CTV https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=2595062&jwsource=cl

FishSaya

Sep 1, 2022
Yes this is my case, my file supposed to be revisited by Jan 2022 but then no body touch it until Dec 2022. My FP already expired and I am sure they gonna ask for new one.
In the notes it was saying it was pulled from archive, seems all 2019/2020 applications put somewhere and they forgot about them.
If anyone wants to talk to the CBC journalist, let me know I will connect you to him. I already sent him info about the forum and the excel tracker for 2020/2019 applications.
Someone already did an interview on CTV https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=2595062&jwsource=cl
Same here. almost 27 months. My file was digged up until Dec.2022, asking for an in-person interview. At that time they found that my FP was already expired and they sent me a new request to re-do the FP again. After that, there was totally no update of my application after interview, except the FP request. I remembered that someone on the forum did his FP 3 times.
Any group for the overdued applicants?

Reactions: Alex2.5