Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
10-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2014
LANDED..........
29-10-2014
I have the oath ceremony on a Friday at 1:30pm. I have to be in the US asap afterwards.
From all that I've read here it seems like ECAS might be updated as early as the Monday morning after. If I'd do 24h express, the passport would be there the next day from what it sounds. BUT I was wondering if I could:

1. get the passport mailed to the US after I apply for it in person?
2. Or could I even do the oath, get the application ready with guarantor etc and mail the application in sometime in the following days and get the passport mailed to the US?

Last edited:

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I have the oath ceremony on a Friday at 1:30pm. I have to be in the US asap afterwards.
From all that I've read here it seems like ECAS might be updated as early as the Monday morning after. If I'd do 24h express, the passport would be there the next day from what it sounds. BUT I was wondering if I could:

1. get the passport mailed to the US after I apply for it in person?
2. Or could I even do the oath, get the application ready with guarantor etc and mail the application in sometime in the following days and get the passport mailed to the US?
You can do either of these two, but the extra cost is similar to getting the next day service at the passport office - the cost is listed on the application form - so why not just save yourself from the hassle and just get it the next day , since you will spend the same amount of money anyway