Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Hi,

I and my girlfriend recently fleed from our country because we want to have a love marriage and our families are against us. Once they get to know where we are hiding they will try to kill both of us.

I wanted to ask if we can seek assylum in Canada, and if we can how we can request them. I have checked the following link :

cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/outside/index.asp

but I couldn´t find any instructions how to establish the facts on the link given above. There are general information, refugee types and application pack. How to document the facts to establish a claim, I couldn´t find it around.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

fresco

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Romeo & Juliet

There are millions of couples fleeing their homes cause their parents are dead against their marriage, unfortunately Canada is no lovers paradise. I'd say get married to your girlfriend, find a job and figure out what you want to do with your life. Its not so easy to come to Canada just cause your running away from home, sort out your marital problems and family problems before coming here.

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Hi newtone,

Thank you for your reply. But It is possible to apply as a convention refugee in our case? Well, we are no rome juliet as they never exist but in stories. We do understand real life is much more complicated than it seems to be but lets still hope for the best.

really appreciated the time you took for the reply. Thanks

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I understand your situation but your case does not qualify as a conventional refugee who is either fleeing due religious, ethnic, political persecution. Refugees are people who are fleeing their lives either because they are being persecuted for their political beliefs, ethnic identity, religious beliefs etc

According to UN this is what constitutes to a refugee and unfortunately you dont fall in this category

"A person who owing to a well-founded fear of being persecuted for reasons of race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion, is outside the country of his nationality and is unable or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to avail himself of the protection of that country; or who, not having a nationality and being outside the country of his former habitual residence as a result of such events, is unable or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to return to it.

Therefore running away from home and marrying someone of your choice does not make you a refugee, do you see the difference?

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Yes you are right, I have read it again and it seems quite obvious. But we have fear of honour killing because of inter-caste marriage. Please correct me if I am wrong doesn't that make us qualify for convention refugee?

I do understand the convention refugee process will be quite longer, keeping us waiting for years but its a little hope we have.
And can't we directly apply on the grounds of Human and Compassionate?
Could that be another chance of a fearless life for two fugitives?

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'll give you an example:

I love soccer and its my passion, I play every single day and I would love to play in the national soccer team some day in the world cup.

My father wants me to become a doctor instead because every member of my family is a doctor including my mother, and if I refuse he'll kill me. He believes that I will not honor my family and he'll feel shameful in front of others

Do you think I can come to Canada as a refugee because I am really fearing for my life.

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
but you have fear of your life in that case? I mean if hes really gonna do that... what I meant is that it is a taboo here... and its not just empty threat... they will do it for sure.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why Canada? I read from other posts that Belize may be relatively easy to gain residency.

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
like what othe countries? Please name any english speaking country if its easy to get there.
I can't go to UK/US, I already have my family there. Please suggest would be highly appreciated. Thanks

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cant the police provide you protection how about any neighboring country

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Here is one case where a meeting with an immigration lawyer would be useful. A short ($250) conversation (by SKYPE if need be) would separate fact from speculation.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toby said:
Here is one case where a meeting with an immigration lawyer would be useful. A short ($250) conversation (by SKYPE if need be) would separate fact from speculation.
Depending how desperate the lawyer is for money, it may even leave them in a limbo. We are know lawyers dont know everything

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
any recommended lawyer?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You may try the owner of this site. Click "assessment" on the top right corner of this webpage for the contact info.