+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpoling or Virtual Landing

Teeolo

Jul 2, 2023
I am currently in Canada on a visitors visa and my pr application just got approved. My dependant is currently in UK as my application is an Outland one. What are the options for me changing my status from a visitor to pr.
I know there’s an option to inform Ircc about been in Canada and doing a virtual landing but recent threads shows it’s taking an average of 4 months, is it possible to do a flagpoling? Or can I go to the closest airport to me for a landing without leaving the country?
I’ve also got a return ticket to the uk, do I just go back to the uk for passport submission?
which would you consider the fastest and easiest option?

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
I am currently in Canada on a visitors visa and my pr application just got approved. My dependant is currently in UK as my application is an Outland one. What are the options for me changing my status from a visitor to pr.
I know there’s an option to inform Ircc about been in Canada and doing a virtual landing but recent threads shows it’s taking an average of 4 months, is it possible to do a flagpoling? Or can I go to the closest airport to me for a landing without leaving the country?
I’ve also got a return ticket to the uk, do I just go back to the uk for passport submission?
which would you consider the fastest and easiest option?
Was your PR processed as an outland application? If yes, the fastest and easiest option, in my opinion, is to go back to country of origin and submit your passport. Plain and straightforward. Again, just my opinion. Others, especially the veterans, may have different comments.

Teeolo

Jul 2, 2023
Was your PR processed as an outland application? If yes, the fastest and easiest option, in my opinion, is to go back to country of origin and submit your passport. Plain and straightforward. Again, just my opinion. Others, especially the veterans, may have different comments.
Yes, it was processed as an Outland one. Thank you for sharing your opinion.

Reactions: rcincanada2019

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
The other option is to update IRCC that you are inside Canada and wait for virtual landing. And your dependent will only get PPR AFTER your virutally landed. Some people are waiting a long time for the virtual landing process for some unknown reason. (while some not so)

So rcincanada2019's suggestion is do-able if you are willing to travel back soon.

Reactions: Teeolo