+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpoling and a slight problem, any advice?

ErickNL

Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am currently in Canada looking for work (originally from the Netherlands). A couple of days ago a restaurant posted an add saying they had an open LMO spot available and were looking for someone. I had an interview, everything went well and I got the paperwork. My intention is to flagpole at the border. The only paperwork I'm missing is the original police certificate. It is applied for, this will take 9 days + 4 days by mail, which means the 8th or the 9th.

The problem is yesterday I got a text from the restaurant where they said that the LMO expires at the 6th of May. They contacted the foreign worker unit and they said they cannot extent the date on the LMO and I have to apply for my work permit before the expiry date. Now I could drive down with a scanned version before the 6th, but I have no idea if they will be understanding of the problem I have or I'm just out of luck.

Anyone have any advice on what you would do? It would be much appreciated.

Chef Pause

Mar 29, 2013
Let's the owner go to apply and attach the police clerance after that its fine don't worry about it I have do this before cause the process take 45 days

ErickNL

Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would prefer not to have to wait another 45 days though and I'm not sure if they are up for that plan either. This was more of a spur of the moment thing for them. I managed to get the process time down to 5 days, but there is a holiday in between, so I don't think I'll manage to get the original before the 6th of May. Courier mail to Canada still takes 4 days.