NA
Passport Req..
21 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
26 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Hello everyone,

I am presently waiting for passport with COPR from Ottawa.

As I have to do landing soon, I am thinking about possible options.

I am having US visa but my dependent don't. I am fine with flagpole option but is it fine to do flagpole (administrative refusal) even with US visa?

Another option would be apply US visa to my dependent, and wait :(

Please suggest me people, thank you in advance...!

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
VinnyToronto said:
Hello everyone,

I am having US visa but my dependent don't. I am fine with flagpole option but is it fine to do flagpole (administrative refusal) even with US visa?

Landing without US visa nowadays is a risk. They will not process your landing if they are busy with travelers. You might be lucky though to do your landing if you get to the border in “no rush hours”. Decision is yours now. Fingers crossed.

cecstatchk

Jan 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VinnyToronto said:
Hello everyone,

Hi Vinny, I'm also in same situation but I'm planning to do flagpole. There is no risk with that. At the max (if the CBSA guys are so busy) they will ask us to do INLAND landing. In that case we can look for other options like US Visa or I would say another Canada-USA crossing.

Many of our members have stated clearly and advised us to go for landing during non traffic hours. That is mid day during weekdays or later in the evening when there is min traffic at the border.

Anyways its your decision and let us know how it goes.

VinnyToronto

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 May 2013
Doc's Request.
21 Feb 2014
AOR Received.
21 June 2013
Med's Request
18 January 2014
Med's Done....
31 January 2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
21 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
26 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
cecstatchk said:
Hi Vinny, I'm also in same situation but I'm planning to do flagpole. There is no risk with that. At the max (if the CBSA guys are so busy) they will ask us to do INLAND landing. In that case we can look for other options like US Visa or I would say another Canada-USA crossing.

Many of our members have stated clearly and advised us to go for landing during non traffic hours. That is mid day during weekdays or later in the evening when there is min traffic at the border.

Anyways its your decision and let us know how it goes.

Thank you, My work cutout now...

I understand that, if you don't have US visa they will provide administrative refusal ticket.
However my question was, is it different procedure for flagpole if you have US via?

cecstatchk

Jan 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VinnyToronto said:
Thank you, My work cutout now...

I understand that, if you don't have US visa they will provide administrative refusal ticket.
However my question was, is it different procedure for flagpole if you have US via?
I'm not sure about that. Since we have a US visa maybe flagpole will apply to our family members and a stamp on passport for us :)

VinnyToronto

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 May 2013
Doc's Request.
21 Feb 2014
AOR Received.
21 June 2013
Med's Request
18 January 2014
Med's Done....
31 January 2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
21 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
26 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
One of my friend was in similar situation before. He and his dependent did flagpole at Rainbow bridge, they both received Administrative refusal tickets(white slip). And they did the landing process successfully.

So based on my friends experience, conclusion was even with US Visa we can do the flagpole(Administrative refusal ) and complete our landing process.

cecstatchk

Jan 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VinnyToronto said:
One of my friend was in similar situation before. He and his dependent did flagpole at Rainbow bridge, they both received Administrative refusal tickets(white slip). And they did the landing process successfully.

So based on my friends experience, conclusion was even with US Visa we can do the flagpole(Administrative refusal ) and complete our landing process.
Hi Vinny, Can you please share your landing experience? Did you do flag pole ? Just curious.

VinnyToronto

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 May 2013
Doc's Request.
21 Feb 2014
AOR Received.
21 June 2013
Med's Request
18 January 2014
Med's Done....
31 January 2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
21 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
26 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
cecstatchk said:
Hi Vinny, Can you please share your landing experience? Did you do flag pole ? Just curious.

Yes, I did flagpole on Friday midnight at rainbow bridge.

we walked on bridge and entered US side. Officers asked us our passport and gave us administrative refusal ticket.

We came abck to Canada side, officers were bit surprised by our landing timing ( 2 am) ;) they sent us to inside room, where officer asked us to present passport, CoPR and ID.

Formality was completed in 15 mins,

Conclusion was we can do the landing with or without US .

VinnyToronto

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 May 2013
Doc's Request.
21 Feb 2014
AOR Received.
21 June 2013
Med's Request
18 January 2014
Med's Done....
31 January 2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
21 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
26 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
cecstatchk said:
Thank You Vinny, I'm planning to LAND this week :)
Good luck..!

RAJ_74

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
I did my landing this sunday(March 30) at Peace bridge with US VISA.I went to US ,did some shopping there and kept all receipts with me.Finally I came back at Peace bridge and while entering they told me to park the car as they want to check it for some restrictive material which they didn't found eventually.I told them that I want to do landing.They guided me to their office and inside officer asked me about refusal letter which I didn't have.I told them that I went to USA on visa and I have shopping receipts which they accepted and I was given PR in 20 minutes.