+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flag Polling/PR Landing done in ALBERTA (Coutts)*** Sharing my experience

jawadchoudary

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
Hey Everyone,

First i would like to Thank you this forum for being so helpful to me though out my process of PR via Express Entry.

I just did my PR Landing in Coutts , the process was pretty simple:
From the USA side :- We first went to USA border crossing side and the officer sitting in the booth asked for our Passport, then he asked how many ppl are in the car. Since it was just me and my wife getting PR and my daughter already had Canadain born nationality, so i told him that we are a ppl of 3 but its just 2 of us here for immigration purposes and we donot intend to actually go to USA. He still insisted to give passports for all three and asked us to come inside after parking our car on the left. Agter half an hour , he gave us our passports back along with a refusal letter and asked us to follow his vehicle outside ( as he was to show us way back to Canada).

From Canada side:- Initially we drove to the booth and the officer there asked us the purpose of being here. I explained that we here as we got COPR and we intend to get our landing done today. The officer asked , why we did not book a appointment in Edmonton? I replied that they were giving us appointment after 3 months and we can not just wait. He insisted that as i have my status valid still next year so i should wait and get it done in edmonton. to that i said that i would like to get it done as soon as possible and this is the quickest way possible. So he gave us yellow paper and send us to the building where he instructed us to go in the traffic line along with yellow list.

After standing in the traffic line for 15 minutes, the officer in the building took us to another booth that has immigration wirtten on it and asked us to give our passports, papers from CIC , our work permits, and documents for our child ( PAssport). After 15 minutes of wait, he called us again and asked us to verify everything on the paper as well us to give our mail address us and then he instructed us to wait. After 10 minutes he called us and greated us as " Welcome to Canada, now you are landed immigrants". He also confirmed if we have other dependents other than our child, and said we should get our card in mail with in 90 days.

Thanks

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Thank you for your experience statement.

Few questions:

- Our infant is Canadian dual citizen and I understand your child is Canadian too. Is it required to show up with the "Canadian" dependent at the border? Reason is I would like to avoid taking my infant on a 3hrs car ride each way.

- Why is th officer estimating up to 90days? Wouldn't the current processing time of 45 days apply?

cheers

jawadchoudary

Star Member
Jun 4, 2015
CasioLottoMax said:
Thank you for your experience statement.

Few questions:

- Our infant is Canadian dual citizen and I understand your child is Canadian too. Is it required to show up with the "Canadian" dependent at the border? Reason is I would like to avoid taking my infant on a 3hrs car ride each way.
Our infant is 5 months and we had to drive 9 hours to get to border " each way", but we still had her with us for just in case scenarios. To be honest, they asked for the infant details because they saw our kid, it might be possible if we did not have our kid with us they won't ask for the details either. I cannot answer for sure, if your infant needs to be with you or not.

- Why is th officer estimating up to 90days? Wouldn't the current processing time of 45 days apply?
The officer gave us an extra paper that had everything wirtten ( forexample the time to become a citizen, the duration you need to live in Canada t be PR, the time t get ur PR card, and bunch of other things) He just read everything from there. I do agree that most of the ppl get it with in 45 days but on that paper it said contact CIC if you donot get it in 90 days. So he just read that statement.
cheers