+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

five years of educational gap reduce visa chances

patel09

Jul 3, 2015
hello everyone,

i want to know about visa chances for those who have five year of educational gap.
is it will reduce visa for getting visa?

as i have done my b.tech in electrical and i have four years for my relevant field experience. now i want to do PG course in canada in electrical field.

my profile as follows..

10th in 2005 67%
12th in 2007 56%
b.tech in 2011 68%

what are the chances for getting visa in SPP?

ravie.92

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
patel09 said:
hello everyone,

i want to know about visa chances for those who have five year of educational gap.
is it will reduce visa for getting visa?

as i have done my b.tech in electrical and i have four years for my relevant field experience. now i want to do PG course in canada in electrical field.

my profile as follows..

10th in 2005 67%
12th in 2007 56%
b.tech in 2011 68%

what are the chances for getting visa in SPP?

You should better apply for University rather than a college, it will make your case even stronger and After 5 years of experience you can apply ony in University or General category to my knowledge, best is find a good consultant.

vishal04

Star Member
Sep 7, 2015
pune
Visa Office......
VFS Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th February 2016
File Transfer...
12th February 2016
Med's Done....
29th January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
14th March 2016
LANDED..........
soon
You can apply in SPP also, just need to show proof that your experience is relevant to your present studies, and yes a very strong SOP.

Try and get experience letter from HR with your roles and responsibilities , it will make your case strong.

AdmitCanada

Mar 6, 2016
Even after so much experience if you want to go for college that's perfectly fine. Moreover if you go under Spp category you have make your case stronger and with all proofs because if your experience goes beyond 5years it is recommended to go under general category

chlo.eee

Mar 18, 2016
I don't think it's a problem. I applied with a 5 year gap as well, and am now pursuing a language certificate in QC. As long as you can justify in your Personal Statement, your decision to further your studies, and why you choose to do it in Canada, and your overall plans after graduation; I don't think this is much of an issue.