First time travelling to US as Canadian citizen

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

It has all been said and done for a while now and I am super happy!

I just wanted to get some experiences of people who have travelled across the border as Canadian citizens for the first time. I am scared and don't know what to expect.

Thanks!

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ScubaC said:
Hi guys,

It has all been said and done for a while now and I am super happy!

I just wanted to get some experiences of people who have travelled across the border as Canadian citizens for the first time. I am scared and don't know what to expect.

Thanks!

hey there, same thing when you travel with PR card.. usual questions.. except now, you have Canadian passport, yay

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Anything can happen with US CBP, but if you have a valid reason for traveling, cooperate with the officer, aren't perceived to be evasive, look like you will return to Canada when you say you will and everything checks out, you probably won't have any problems other than some potentially invasive questioning depending on the country of birth indicated in your passport. Good Luck!

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Travelling as a Brazilian citizen with a 10-year B1/B2 and many US stamps: fingerprinted every time as required, but often no more than one or two questions asked.

Travelling as a Canadian citizen with a brand new passport (thus no stamps) and a name that is completely different from the name in the other passport: exempt from fingerprinting, three questions asked.

Basically, the only change is that I won't get fingerprinted anymore, unless rules change.