+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First PR card

ArisDadi

Aug 19, 2020
Hello,

I just landed in Canada as PR, I want to know where can I provide IRCC with my canadian address and PR photos in order to get my PR card.
I tried this website : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/change-address.html
By it can't find my application. I also found the following statement : If you’re a new permanent resident, you’ll automatically get your first PR card by mail when you arrive in Canada. This is part of the immigration process. You don’t need to apply for your first PR card. However, if you didn’t provide your mailing address and photo as required within 180 days of immigrating, you’ll need to apply for your first PR card. If you became a permanent resident before June 28, 2002 and never applied for a PR card, you can use this application to apply for your first PR card.
Where can I do that ?
Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,

I just landed in Canada as PR, I want to know where can I provide IRCC with my canadian address and PR photos in order to get my PR card.
I tried this website : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/change-address.html
By it can't find my application. I also found the following statement : If you’re a new permanent resident, you’ll automatically get your first PR card by mail when you arrive in Canada. This is part of the immigration process. You don’t need to apply for your first PR card. However, if you didn’t provide your mailing address and photo as required within 180 days of immigrating, you’ll need to apply for your first PR card. If you became a permanent resident before June 28, 2002 and never applied for a PR card, you can use this application to apply for your first PR card.
Where can I do that ?
Thanks
You should have had an address on file and had it confirmed at border when you landed. And, when you landed, did you not have photos with you, ones that were submitted to the visa section along with the passport request?

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello,

Where can I do that ?
Thanks
Unless the officer at the time of your landing was unable to process your application, you won't have to provide the address. They'll use the same photo that you submitted for visa stamping.