+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First name and last name confusion for WES evaluation

Karthikaa

Apr 22, 2017
Hi All,

This is for one of my friend who is going to submit his WES profile. His name according to passport is "Suman Pothini" saying "Suman" as FirstName and "Pothini" as Surname/LastName. And, in all of his educational documents his name is spelled as "Pothini Suman". While creating WES profile does his name need to be aligned with the educational document or as per passport? Here the confusion is regarding the order of his firstname and lastname in educational documents.

I request you all to throw some light on how the name should be given in his WES profile.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: saranreddyp

vellocet

Jun 9, 2019
I have the same issue. In my passport my Surname is in front, followed by First Name, but on my university records and transcripts my name is listed as First Name (two words) then Surname. Since WES doesn't asked for a scanned passport I listed my name the same as in the transcripts.

But for the Express Entry profile they seem quite strict about your name matching your passport exactly, so I will list my full name in the Surname field, making it appear in the same order as on my passport, then explain the name discrepancy in a Letter of Explanation.

Wahegurujee

Nov 14, 2018
INDIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
19-02-2019
Create wes account name same as in passport.
Rest educational details fill as the names mentioned in documents.
Finally when u will get wes report it will have ur passport name but it will mention a line at top regarding name discrepancy in educational and given name . (That won’t matter much)

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Irrespective of how you will put your first name or last name, WES issues ECA according to the name present on your transcripts and degree.

yoshitaas

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Irrespective of how you will put your first name or last name, WES issues ECA according to the name present on your transcripts and degree.
Hi. Referring to your answer above, the name on the transcript is Last Name, First name. But on my ECA report, name on credential says LAST NAME, First name. My last name is in all capitals. Is that going to cause an issue? Please guide.
Thank you.

Veejaysingh

Star Member
May 19, 2020
hey guys need help on my WES report my name is mentioned as Singh, Veejay ( reason because when I was filling my WES form they asked us to first and last name or they wouldn't let us go further) there is no note on my WES report if there's a difference in my name but on my passport it's only my given name Veejay Singh. is it going to be a problem? what should I do as I am in the middle of my post ITA process . thanks

yoshitaas

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
hey guys need help on my WES report my name is mentioned as Singh, Veejay ( reason because when I was filling my WES form they asked us to first and last name or they wouldn't let us go further) there is no note on my WES report if there's a difference in my name but on my passport it's only my given name Veejay Singh. is it going to be a problem? what should I do as I am in the middle of my post ITA process . thanks
Hi Veejay
It will not be a problem. That is the WES format. Also, does your degree document have your name in the format LAST NAME, FIRST NAME? If yes, then WES might have followed that.
If you are still not sure, put in a query to WES using the contact form. They will clarify for you.

Veejaysingh

Star Member
May 19, 2020
Hi Veejay
It will not be a problem. That is the WES format. Also, does your degree document have your name in the format LAST NAME, FIRST NAME? If yes, then WES might have followed that.
If you are still not sure, put in a query to WES using the contact form. They will clarify for you.
Hey, thanks for getting back so quickly in all my academic documents transcripts degree my name is mentioned as Veejay Singh which is a single name but nothing like first name, Middle name or last name.thanks

Achsah

Star Member
Jul 7, 2020
Hello Gyz
Thanks for reading my post
I am stuck with WES application process , coz I don't have a surname (last name) in passport all my name(ABC) is in given name section of passport.
Now WES is asking me last name and first name
What should I fill in that last name and first name columns?
It would be a great help if someone could sort this out.

Jerald Jacob

Jul 19, 2021
Hi,
Today I got my WES report. On the report the" Name on Credential: JACOB, Jerald". The surname is appearing in the first name position. If it leads to any problem with my emigration process? Please help me.

Kuldeeps91

Jun 15, 2021
Hey, thanks for getting back so quickly in all my academic documents transcripts degree my name is mentioned as Veejay Singh which is a single name but nothing like first name, Middle name or last name.thanks
Hi Veejay

I am also having the same issue as yours. So can you please tell me if that caused any problem to you? My name on passport and all academic certificates is "Kuldeep Singh". But on my WES report it is "SINGH Kuldeep". Please let me know what to do I am not getting any response from WES as well.

karanwaghela

Jun 27, 2021
Hi Veejay

I am also having the same issue as yours. So can you please tell me if that caused any problem to you? My name on passport and all academic certificates is "Kuldeep Singh". But on my WES report it is "SINGH Kuldeep". Please let me know what to do I am not getting any response from WES as well.
I am also in the same soup. Last name on WES report is in all capital letters. Is this going to be a problem?

Veejaysingh

Star Member
May 19, 2020
I am also in the same soup. Last name on WES report is in all capital letters. Is this going to be a problem?
Hey Kuldeep, Wasn't a problem. You just need to write a letter of explanation (LOE) while submitting your application in which you would explain about the name difference that's all. All you need to tell is all your marksheets and degree/diploma were issued under the same name and it has never been a problem in the past. For more assurance you can also attach "Same name affidavit" which I did in my case.. thanks

Veejaysingh

Star Member
May 19, 2020
Hi Veejay

Hey Kuldeep, Wasn't a problem. You just need to write a letter of explanation (LOE) while submitting your application in which you would explain about the name difference that's all. All you need to tell is all your marksheets and degree/diploma were issued under the same name and it has never been a problem in the past. For more assurance you can also attach "Same name affidavit" which I did in my case.. thanks

Deep5885

Aug 24, 2022
Hi need you suggestion and having the same problem with same situation.could you please help me ?