Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2008
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
Passport Req..
07-06-2013
on-hold said:
There is no medical career that is not regulated in Canada. Also, sonography is not preventive, it is diagnostic.
infact you didn't fallow my other posts in this thread I was talking about two different field.
I was talking about the degree of MPH master in public health not regulated one,what is future of degree of MPH from Europe in canada

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
Well, you have to have your degree evaluated, probably by WES. If it is a one year, 60 credit European master degree, there is a good chance it will not be considered a Canadian MPH. If it is two-year, 120 ECTS degree, then there is a chance. It will also depend on whether it was course-based or thesis based, and whether it was offered by a university or a college. If there are specific rules for Canadian content, you will have to compensate for that. If it is in a specialty field, such as international health -- i.e. from Umea University -- then it is probably not going to be an MPH over here.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
Also, a word to the wise -- every province in Canada arranges their preventive health differently, and your specialty in your MPH will affect how you are employed. For example, in Alberta, almost all public health functions are given to nurses: there is no role for a health educator who is not a nurse. There are a few jobs in health promotion, mostly in exercise and obesity control, but they are open to a wide range of professionals: nurses, kinesiologists, etc. Jobs that require an MPH tend to involve things like restaurant inspection, etc. -- and to do these, you have to be aware of provincial and Canadian regulations. Canada has very strong inter-provincial boundaries.

I suggest that instead of asking vague questions on an internet forum, you decide what your specialty is -- are you a health educator, a health promoter, a Public Health Officer, an epidemiologist, a policy analyst? -- and then look at jobs in every province. If one province has jobs that fit what you want to do, and you are qualified to apply for them, then you should go there. If you are a health educator, and you settle in Alberta, your job options are going to be very limited. Remember that you will be competing with Canadians with local degrees, that have been designed for that particular province.

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
28/11/11, recieved by VO 12/12/11
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
on-hold said:
There is no medical career that is not regulated in Canada. Also, sonography is not preventive, it is diagnostic.

Sonea, I know that Edmonton and Calgary are in the same province -- if you are going to correct people, don't call the Canadian provinces 'states' . . . As for the school system being 'inefficient', what does that even mean? The school system here is excellent, by national and international standards. Whether all schools teach the same curriculum is not relevant -- it is how they teach it that parents need to research. In French, Chinese, Spanish, with alternative methods or alternative organizations, and with extra money devoted to arts, or sports, or science, or whatnot. The Catholic school system has serious drawbacks for some parents -- e.g. compulsory classes in the Catholic religion, and no sexual health studies.
i think you need to read the previous posts and the actual question which raised this topic that was about "High School" not k-6 level my post was:
"hi,
my elder daughter is 7 years old and she is in grade 2 .. this sept she will start grade 3 and will be 8 years in Nov .. by my calculation your 14 years old son should be admitted in grade 9.. or if he turns 15 this year he will start grade 10 from September.

schools for little children doesn't make any major difference except discipline wise this is why people prefer catholic schools more here but to get admission there is not easy also they have separate transportation system their buses don't cover all areas so parents have to arrange pick and drop too if transportation is not available in their residential area.

i don't have much information about highs schools in Edmonton as my friends and my children are under 10 years old

i think you can collect information by searching online and read the reviews to have a better idea on that"

so i can't understand which of this information you don't agree with in the first place. i think parents already know their children's interest and obviously they will look for those special programs you explained, without my suggestion.

secondly catholic schools also provide special programs as you explained above but along with that they have strict discipline rules which some parents prefer along with studies .. so i explained general trend in edmonton (which is also not my recommendation just some information/observation i shared)

i already explained that the teachers are very professional in each school and they help children, even if they have difficulty speaking English, in another post.

i think we should help people if we can rather than explaining the difference between "right" and "correct"

Also i believe that everyone also read my signature statement with each of my posts..

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
also i called "inefficient" to the education council as you don't find every school's ranking on their website

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
sonea said:
schools for little children doesn't make any major difference except discipline wise this is why people prefer catholic schools more here but to get admission there is not easy also they have separate transportation system their buses don't cover all areas so parents have to arrange pick and drop too if transportation is not available in their residential area.

Again, two things you are saying, and both are wrong. Choose one school, your child becomes fluent in French; choose another, and they learn Chinese from an early age; choose a third, and their school emphasizes science; choose a fourth, and they have access to special sports programs. Choose a fifth, and they study in a classroom with older children. These are major differences -- I'm sure you know, for example, that knowing French in Canada gives one an advantage.

As for people here preferring Catholic schools, this is simply not true. Most people who are not Catholics avoid them, since they waste time on Catholic religion classes. Small towns like Morinville, where there is only a Catholic school and no public school, have ongoing controversies from parents who object to their children receiving a biased and incomplete education. Please stop trying to tell people that Catholic schools here are 'preferred', or are recognized as superior. In fact, many Albertans object to the use of government funds to support them, and avoid sending their children there.

cimple

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2008
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
Passport Req..
07-06-2013
sonea said:
also i called "inefficient" to the education council as you don't find every school's ranking on their website
everybody share their experience over here so if anybody can have some benefit from it. everybody can perceive things in their way.
Sonea reply and dedication is commendable.
as new immigrant if I rented a house/apartment what do I need. Like utensils/bed sheet /TV or just take my clothes with me and move in.how common are bed bugs are!!

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
The one recommendation I have is this -- don't buy a big bed, go buy a small one at a store called The Foam King, and put it on the floor. Cheaper, very comfortable (more like an Asian style bed), and above all, easy to move. All the other stuff? Buy what you need at places like Goodwill, but wait for churches to have big sales to get most stuff -- that is where cheap things are. For example, a church called Trinity Anglican something-or-other, close to Whyte Avenue, has two big sales a year, in October and April -- cheap furniture, clothes, dishes, everything, and on the last day you can buy a bag for 10 bucks and put as many clothes as you can in it.

Regular second-hand stores are expensive.

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
on-hold said:
Again, two things you are saying, and both are wrong. Choose one school, your child becomes fluent in French; choose another, and they learn Chinese from an early age; choose a third, and their school emphasizes science; choose a fourth, and they have access to special sports programs. Choose a fifth, and they study in a classroom with older children. These are major differences -- I'm sure you know, for example, that knowing French in Canada gives one an advantage.

As for people here preferring Catholic schools, this is simply not true. Most people who are not Catholics avoid them, since they waste time on Catholic religion classes. Small towns like Morinville, where there is only a Catholic school and no public school, have ongoing controversies from parents who object to their children receiving a biased and incomplete education. Please stop trying to tell people that Catholic schools here are 'preferred', or are recognized as superior. In fact, many Albertans object to the use of government funds to support them, and avoid sending their children there.

I am sorry i sill don't get your point, i can't figure out what you're trying to explain.. as i said parents know that they have to search for schools where their child can get any specific kinds of course and so on .. most of the population here is christian so i don't understand why they wouldn't want their children to attend those religious classes, for others religious classes are not compulsory you can tell them if your child does not want to attend them.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Edmonton

Religion[32] Population Percent
Protestant 204,770 31.2%
Catholic 193,110 29.4%
No religion 160,150 24.4%
Other Christian 25,815 3.9%
Islam 18,790 2.9%
Christian Orthodox17,275 2.6%
Buddhist 13,640 2.1%
Sikh 9,235 1.4%
Hindu 7,525 1.1%
Other 2,345 0.3%

anyways i end this argument here as its pointless in my opinion

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sonea, you are doing a great job, you are getting your personal time out for people who needs info.
please keep up with the good work, Id give you +1 again, but i gotta wait like some 160 hours before i do that
since i already gave you one yesterday!

All the best and Duas for ya!

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
sonea said:
I am sorry i sill don't get your point, i can't figure out what you're trying to explain.. as i said parents know that they have to search for schools where their child can get any specific kinds of course and so on .. most of the population here is christian so i don't understand why they wouldn't want their children to attend those religious classes, for others religious classes are not compulsory you can tell them if your child does not want to attend them.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Edmonton

Religion[32] Population Percent
Protestant 204,770 31.2%
Catholic 193,110 29.4%
No religion 160,150 24.4%
Other Christian 25,815 3.9%
Islam 18,790 2.9%
Christian Orthodox17,275 2.6%
Buddhist 13,640 2.1%
Sikh 9,235 1.4%
Hindu 7,525 1.1%
Other 2,345 0.3%

anyways i end this argument here as its pointless in my opinion
+1for you sonea for great work

cimple

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2008
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
Passport Req..
07-06-2013
on-hold said:
Well, you have to have your degree evaluated, probably by WES. If it is a one year, 60 credit European master degree, there is a good chance it will not be considered a Canadian MPH. If it is two-year, 120 ECTS degree, then there is a chance. It will also depend on whether it was course-based or thesis based, and whether it was offered by a university or a college. If there are specific rules for Canadian content, you will have to compensate for that. If it is in a specialty field, such as international health -- i.e. from Umea University -- then it is probably not going to be an MPH over here.
evaluation done by WES is useless as one of my friend apply in York university and they ask to send them official transcript inspite of this WES evaluation they did not consider it at all. Yes your other things you mentioned is very much appropriate oen

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
cimple said:
everybody share their experience over here so if anybody can have some benefit from it. everybody can perceive things in their way.
Sonea reply and dedication is commendable.
as new immigrant if I rented a house/apartment what do I need. Like utensils/bed sheet /TV or just take my clothes with me and move in.how common are bed bugs are!!
you don't get anything in a rented property except for basic things cooker, fridge, and carpeting .. you have to buy other things by yourself but don't buy any 2nd hand furniture from someone as they might have bed bugs, which are very common just a few days ago buses were fumigated for bedbugs http://www.edmontonjournal.com/health/City+Edmonton+says+four+transit+buses+fumigated+this/8440928/story.html

if you can't afford new furniture you can get it on monthly installments from Brick store (http://www1.thebrick.com/brickb2c/jsp/index.jsp). if you think it will be a liability on you and you are not ready to have this burden and second hand is your only option then go for "Find Store" (http://findedmonton.com/) they have furniture which people donate, they clean it up, check for bed bugs, repair it if required and then sell on very low prices each furniture item is stamped for being bed bugs free.. they take $50 for home delivery for one truck load which can easily carry sofa set, bed set etc in a single trip.

goodwill/value village furniture is not guaranteed to be bedbugs free and you will not find matching furniture sets you will have to visit the store very often to see if the item you want is available .. these are charity stores but do not have much furniture.. u can get cheap curtains and decoration stuff from there

for bedding and kitchen utensils (sauce pan sets, food processors, electric kettle etc) you can go to Walmart.. i would suggest to bring a few loose bed sheets (for queen size mattress) which you are already using at home.. if you ever get low on income and can't spend $500 on box spring and mattress i can tell you how to get free mattress and box spring from sleep country .. if you have a box spring you can delay buying bed frame

you can get small items like shower curtains, kitchen accessories(knife, spoon, Jug, Glasses etc), cleaning products, general stationary etc from Dollarama (everything is under $3) or Dollartree (everything is under $1.25)

xs cargo is another cheap store but never buy electronic item from this store as it does not give any warranty/guarantee and also don't have any return policy.. you can buy dinner sets/tableware from here at very low price
http://www.shopxscargo.com/

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
ItsBeenLongNow said:
Sonea, you are doing a great job, you are getting your personal time out for people who needs info.
please keep up with the good work, Id give you +1 again, but i gotta wait like some 160 hours before i do that
since i already gave you one yesterday!

All the best and Duas for ya!
thanks a bunch .. your prayers are all that matter to me most :)

Manonthemove

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/03/2010
Doc's Request.
27/05/2010
AOR Received.