+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First Landing in Canada

marcomc

May 7, 2017
Hi,

I have a doubt about doing the first landing in Canada. At the time of Express Entry I mentioned that I was planning in landing in Calgary, Alberta. Now that I have got my visa, I am having second thoughts about my intended destination, I am now thinking about landing in Toronto and look for work there. Is this possible or do I have to first land where it mentions in the COPR or can I land anywhere in Canada? I am talking on the basis of FSW.

Thanks and regards

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I have a doubt about doing the first landing in Canada. At the time of Express Entry I mentioned that I was planning in landing in Calgary, Alberta. Now that I have got my visa, I am having second thoughts about my intended destination, I am now thinking about landing in Toronto and look for work there. Is this possible or do I have to first land where it mentions in the COPR or can I land anywhere in Canada? I am talking on the basis of FSW.

Thanks and regards
Hi

As you applied through FSW, you can land anywhere you want except Quebec,

marcomc

May 7, 2017
Thank you for the replies. So that means that I can land anywhere in Canada except for Qubec and I don't have to have ticket to calagry.

VKM25

Apr 4, 2017
Hi,

I need an advise regarding landing. I have received my PR through FSW-EE. I wish to know if I land in quebec first and give address for PR card of Ottawa, will it work?

Any help would be appreciated.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I need an advise regarding landing. I have received my PR through FSW-EE. I wish to know if I land in quebec first and give address for PR card of Ottawa, will it work?

Any help would be appreciated.
Hi

As you did not apply through Quebec, there is a very good chance that you will be refused landing, regardless if what address you give for the PR card.