+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First entry to Canada with PR visa

wpsteel79

Mar 22, 2009
My PR visa was issued a couple of weeks ago. I will be going to Canada next week for a job interview following which I will be returning to the UK. Will there be any issues when I arrive in Canada becuase I am travelling without my Canadian wife and do not intend to stay? We are planning to move at the end of January 2010 and I therefore do not want this trip to cause problems later.

As ever thanks in advance

dfb

Star Member
Jul 23, 2008
I think your big issue could be getting your PR card. Do you have an address in Canada that they will be able to send it to? If not, you may consider not landing when you come next week.

wpsteel79

Mar 22, 2009
Yes, I have my wifes parents address - we plan to stay there initially irrespective of the outcome of the interview. Can I defer landing until January then or would it be an advantage to get it completed?

dfb

Star Member
Jul 23, 2008
I haven't landed yet, so I don't have personal experience with this, but have heard that I won't have to land on my first entry into Canada (I am planning to wait until a time when I won't be travelling for 8 weeks - enough time to get my PR card)