+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First cousin -sponsor

Rishita

Star Member
May 12, 2018
I have been admitted to york uni canada.I need one information very urgently-Can my first cousin(my fathers sisters son) sponsor my studies in canada?i have excellent academic,ielts,professional history & i have fixed assets also,all i need is to show the liquid assets,and that my cousin is willing to show.please let me know

Reactions: Jep

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is up to CIC. They prefer more immediate family but there have been cases where extended family has been approved. Nobody will be able to predict the outcome and it is also based on the rest of your application and your cousin's financial circumstances. Best of luck.

Reactions: Rishita

Rishita

Star Member
May 12, 2018
It is up to CIC. They prefer more immediate family but there have been cases where extended family has been approved. Nobody will be able to predict the outcome and it is also based on the rest of your application and your cousin's financial circumstances. Best of luck.
Well,i dont no ,but people have very limited knowledge reagrding this issue.i will show my father & cousin as sponsor,as my father has retired and limited liquid finance,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well,i dont no ,but people have very limited knowledge reagrding this issue.i will show my father & cousin as sponsor,as my father has retired and limited liquid finance,
Il

If your father has limited liquid finances you may choose not to include him. Immediate family is preferred because the perception is, and it is likely true, that immediate family are likely to continue the financial support and may not have competing interests for their financial resources like their own children's needs, their own retirement savings, mortgage, etc.

Reactions: Zerrrick

Bumblee

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
I have been admitted to york uni canada.I need one information very urgently-Can my first cousin(my fathers sisters son) sponsor my studies in canada?i have excellent academic,ielts,professional history & i have fixed assets also,all i need is to show the liquid assets,and that my cousin is willing to show.please let me know
Yes you can show your cousin as your sponsor. Get a letter from them and attach with your document.

D_K_T

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
PLEASE HELP!

I'm applying for my uncle. He works for one of the nationalized bank in India. I'm confused that on one of the forms it says -

Have you ever held any any government positions (such as civil servants, judge, police officer, etc.)?

I'm not sure whether answer should be yes/no. I mean whether nationalized bank employees considered as government employees.

Please advice!

Bumblee

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
PLEASE HELP!

I'm applying for my uncle. He works for one of the nationalized bank in India. I'm confused that on one of the forms it says -

Have you ever held any any government

positions (such as civil servants, judge, police officer, etc.)?

I'm not sure whether answer should be yes/no. I mean whether nationalized bank employees considered as government employees.

All nationalised bank employees are not considered government employees. May I know which bank your uncle is working??

Zerrrick

May 28, 2018
PLEASE HELP!

Have you ever held any any government positions (such as civil servants, judge, police officer, etc.)?

Please advice!
which IMM form is this?