+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprints

weneklek

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Me and my wife applied for citizenship. Only on my ecas I see the request. My question is FP request usually for the whole family or certain application only?

tiamo

Jun 15, 2017
thanks guys for your kind answer, but after receiving the letter, from Asia, I contacted CIC via their website to let them know that I was out of Canada and let them know about my return date, and right after I came back to Canada I called them and CIC representative told me to go straight to police station to do finger prints. After only 1 week, I received the Notice to Appear for a citizenship test. It will be for next month. Cheers

Juiceycow

Nov 26, 2013
thanks guys for your kind answer, but after receiving the letter, from Asia, I contacted CIC via their website to let them know that I was out of Canada and let them know about my return date, and right after I came back to Canada I called them and CIC representative told me to go straight to police station to do finger prints. After only 1 week, I received the Notice to Appear for a citizenship test. It will be for next month. Cheers
Only 1 week? I'm still waiting on mine after doing fingerprints early Feb :(

verysoonacanadian

Mar 29, 2018
Ha. I did mine in early December. Still waiting.

A.
aaamr, what were the results of your GCMS? did you figure out what is taking them this long after you did your fingerprints in December.

I am in a similar boat, sent in my fp on January, confirmed they received them, but still waiting.

aaamr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
aaamr, what were the results of your GCMS? did you figure out what is taking them this long after you did your fingerprints in December.

I am in a similar boat, sent in my fp on January, confirmed they received them, but still waiting.
There was nothing out of the ordinary or unusual in my GCMS notes. No clue as to why things are taking so long. You can see details here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms.539964/page-2#post-6715946

I guess we just wait and see.

The most frustrating aspect of this is that there seems to be no expectation or attempt to follow a first-in-first-out (FIFO) methodology at IRCC, so the whole things feels unfair, as we watch applicants from October, November... and even December get their test invites and progress through the process while I, a September applicant, continue to wait.

Oh well, I've waited long enough, a few more months won't hurt anything.

-A.

CAN.east

Feb 15, 2018
Is there any pattern in the request for fingerprints? (I'm thinking maybe current citizenship?) or is it just random?
I asked the cic call centre agent and was told that fingerprints are taken 1.)If suspicious of criminal record or name similar to someone with criminal record or 2.),the names are just picked randomly for no reason or 3.) if it was wasnt taken anytime before!

iristoronto

Jan 12, 2018
I am also in the US. What did you end up doing?

Hello guys,

I am currently living in US. I have got the FP request a week back ( i havent received test invitation).

After some research, the agencies can do it for me at the cost of 175(rcmp finger printing service)+ 75(express shopping) and i will have to have my ink FP here in US and mail it to agency (add another 20$+ mailing fee and delay)!

So do u guys think it is wise to ask for postponement of my FP dadline? Can CIC resume my case without FP if I tell them I will do it once I go to Canada?

Please help and advise!

hmirzaei

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
I am also in the US. What did you end up doing?
In the interview I showed all the info I could give about my attempts to get a job in Canada, the start up I am working on with Canadian friends in Canada, and all the ties I could show. Status is Decision Made, Don't know what the decision has been ,,,

Nicpang

May 23, 2018
Well you all are lucky. I just finished putting our package together to find that the checklist changed in March and now the finger prints, FBI background check and schedule A declaration and background check are all to be submitted with the application. This will set us back another few months . Question, can my husband go to a police station here in Canada to do finger prints and submit those to the FBI for his background check? Or should they be done in the states where he is from?

iristoronto

Jan 12, 2018
There was nothing out of the ordinary or unusual in my GCMS notes. No clue as to why things are taking so long. You can see details here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms.539964/page-2#post-6715946

I guess we just wait and see.

The most frustrating aspect of this is that there seems to be no expectation or attempt to follow a first-in-first-out (FIFO) methodology at IRCC, so the whole things feels unfair, as we watch applicants from October, November... and even December get their test invites and progress through the process while I, a September applicant, continue to wait.

Oh well, I've waited long enough, a few more months won't hurt anything.

-A.
Hang in there. I'm sure it will come through real soon

iristoronto

Jan 12, 2018
Well you all are lucky. I just finished putting our package together to find that the checklist changed in March and now the finger prints, FBI background check and schedule A declaration and background check are all to be submitted with the application. This will set us back another few months . Question, can my husband go to a police station here in Canada to do finger prints and submit those to the FBI for his background check? Or should they be done in the states where he is from?
Speak to someone at the Comissinnaries.

iristoronto

Jan 12, 2018
In the interview I showed all the info I could give about my attempts to get a job in Canada, the start up I am working on with Canadian friends in Canada, and all the ties I could show. Status is Decision Made, Don't know what the decision has been ,,,
Any progress on your case?