oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
paulharry said:
hello
how can we know rcmp has sent our fingerprint results to cic
You can call RCMP and ask them. Find the phone number for fingerprints inquiries in the web site of RCMP. You need to know the reference number on your application which can be your UCI . hope this can help

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
In addition to what is said above, you can contact cic call centre to confirm if they have received the fingerprints.

If you receive any letter from RCMP and if it original fingerprint results, confirm with RCMP that if it is indeed original fingerprint results and then immediately forward it to the CIC office mentioned on the original fingerprint request letter.

Nov 29, 2018
Why they ask it for my son who has never been anywhere, just busy in his studies? They started this after completing one year wait time which is frustrating.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Why they ask it for my son who has never been anywhere, just busy in his studies? They started this after completing one year wait time which is frustrating.
It doesn't have anything to do with him not been anywhere. It's because his name is the same or similar to someone they found with a criminal record. So they need the fingerprints to confirm that person is not him.

Reactions: canadiancitizenship

fenomenalb

Star Member
Jan 16, 2014
It doesn't have anything to do with him not been anywhere. It's because his name is the same or similar to someone they found with a criminal record. So they need the fingerprints to confirm that person is not him.
You are probably right. I would just like to point out that I am in a similar position (FP exactly after a year, no test invitation) but I have 5 names 9a couple of them unique and of varying backgrounds), the likelihood of having someone with the EXACT same names is (to my mind) virtually impossible. Just wanted to add my 2 cents. I would generally agree though, no need to be worried. I suspect that country of citizenship and the places we might have lived in the past probably prolongs the background check (where I currently am stuck).

moahammadi740

Aug 12, 2014
Hi,
I CIC received my application on May 28, 2018
Aug 02, they sent me the acknowledgment
Aug 16 they email me they started processing.
Oct 15, they sent me the email and asking for Fingerprint in RCMP, even i didn't go out of the country for more than 4 years,
Oct 16th, RCMP sent them the result,
Does any one has the similar situation? Why they are asking for fingerprint ?