+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprints notification

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Hello guys

Please let me know if the fingerprint request / test date will be updated on ECAS

Thanks in advance

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Felixo said:
Hello guys

Please let me know if the fingerprint request / test date will be updated on ECAS

Thanks in advance

1. Fingerprints: by mail. Even if the request appears on e-CAS, you will have to have the letter in order to get the fingerprints done.
2. Test Date: e-CAS and mail.

wadelmaki

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Felixo said:
Hello guys

Thanks in advance
Felixo,

I had the same situation, I phoned CIC and they told me a fingerprint request has been mailed to me on March 3rd, and I have not received it yet (don't know why)! It did not show on my ECAS as well, and I phoned them that the letter might be lost, they told me I have to wait for six weeks before they send me a another one.

Just waste of time on top of the delay because of the fingerprint request.

Did you receive yours in the mail?if so, what is the date on the letter?

lia dec

Apr 3, 2014
boasorte said:
1. Fingerprints: by mail. Even if the request appears on e-CAS, you will have to have the letter in order to get the fingerprints done.
2. Test Date: e-CAS and mail.
Hi Boasorte,

I got fingerprint request March25, 2014 and I did electronic March 27,2014. Now, its non -routine and will take the longest waiting time before the test date. Ughh..so frustrating. I never travelled since I been here in Canada. Why some got this request and some are not. I wanted to cry.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lia dec said:
Hi Boasorte,

I got fingerprint request March25, 2014 and I did electronic March 27,2014. Now, its non -routine and will take the longest waiting time before the test date. Ughh..so frustrating. I never travelled since I been here in Canada. Why some got this request and some are not. I wanted to cry.
No, being requested for fingerprints doesn't make your application "non-routine".
I also got requested for it, and a week after submission CIC finalized my background checks.
Now just waiting for test date.

CIC request the fingerprints if they suspect something. They issue it to people who share same names, or if they suspect one has some criminal background, they tend to issue it randomly as well.
In my case, i have a long name and have to not used my three middle names in my documents other than in my drivers license, so my full name on some of my documents don't match.. I think that raised some red flags, but it's been cleared up with my fingerprints, I hope.. haha

INCC

May 1, 2014
have you got any citizenship test date after fingerpring is done? If not, ofcourse it is very fraustating!!! may be not to you but some other people. Think about other people who doesn't get the fingerprint request.. and by the same or less time they have already got their Passport. But what about you.........

crazylove

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-12-2010
Anyone got their invitation for test after fingerprints request? I am still waiting to hear from CIC. I sent my FP's on 28th May.

Jialidia

Jan 11, 2014
crazylove said:
Anyone got their invitation for test after fingerprints request? I am still waiting to hear from CIC. I sent my FP's on 28th May.
I got the finger prints request on April 14 and got it done April 16, no news since then.

crazylove

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-12-2010
Jialidia said:
I got the finger prints request on April 14 and got it done April 16, no news since then.
Thats a long time though. Where is your local office?

crazylove

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-12-2010
Jialidia said:
Surrey BC. It's said it's the slowest office.
Well i called CIC over a week ago and was told my file is at the local office Scarborough and they are just waiting to clearance from RCMP from my fingerprints. I am not sure how long RCMP takes to send CIC clearance report. This is so annoying and stressful lol

Jialidia

Jan 11, 2014
crazylove said:
Well i called CIC over a week ago and was told my file is at the local office Scarborough and they are just waiting to clearance from RCMP from my fingerprints. I am not sure how long RCMP takes to send CIC clearance report. This is so annoying and stressful lol
I'm not sure what you meant by clearance from RCMP from your fingerprints, does the fingerprints sending from the RCMP to CIC mean we are cleared ? My time line is this:
Application received jan 16 2014
In process mar 11 2014
Fingerprints request April 4 2014
Finger prints done April 11 2014
Fingerprints sent by RCMP April 16 2014

You may email the police bureau to ask them whether your fingerprints have been sent out or not.

crazylove

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-12-2010
Jialidia said:
I'm not sure what you meant by clearance from RCMP from your fingerprints, does the fingerprints sending from the RCMP to CIC mean we are cleared ? My time line is this:
Application received jan 16 2014
In process mar 11 2014
Fingerprints request April 4 2014
Finger prints done April 11 2014
Fingerprints sent by RCMP April 16 2014

You may email the police bureau to ask them whether your fingerprints have been sent out or not.
I was told by CIC agent that they received my fingerprints from RCMP on 11th June and they are waiting for background checks with RCMP. Everything is done on my file but the background check from RCMP and file is in Scarborough.