+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint Request - What is Local Office?

mjm

Star Member
Feb 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife and 4 kids had submitted application in Dec 2013.

Received FINGERPRINT Request for my WIFE and ONE CHILD only.

We live in Mississauga. The office sending the fingerprint letter is St. Clair CIC, Toronto

I thought our local office should be Glen Erin Mississauga.

Can anyone explain?

crazylove

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-12-2010
Don't worry St Clair only sent you the letter for Finger Prints but your local is still Glen Erin, Your file is still is in the process of being transferred to your local office, As soon as CIC receive your FP,s and results you file transfer will be completed and next step is Test.

ilovemma

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My friend lives in Brampton and he received RQ for Fingerprint which needs to be sent to St Clair. Does that mean his local office is St Clair?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In most cases for the GTA; all RQs are processed @ St-Claire.
Once the analysis is completed the file will be retuned to the local office which in your case is 'Brampton'

ilovemma said:
My friend lives in Brampton and he received RQ for Fingerprint which needs to be sent to St Clair. Does that mean his local office is St Clair?

ilovemma

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
daktrader said:
In most cases for the GTA; all RQs are processed @ St-Claire.
Once the analysis is completed the file will be retuned to the local office which in your case is 'Brampton'
How do we know that our file is been transferred to our local office after the analysis at St. Clair? Do they update that on ECAS?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
E-cas will not give that information.
The applicant has to call and ask

ilovemma said:
How do we know that our file is been transferred to our local office after the analysis at St. Clair? Do they update that on ECAS?

ilovemma

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
daktrader said:
E-cas will not give that information.
The applicant has to call and ask
After getting the Fingerprints done, how long do we have to wait to call CIC to inquire about our local office?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No idea on the timeline...
Could take days for status updates or could take months...

Good Luck!

ilovemma said:
After getting the Fingerprints done, how long do we have to wait to call CIC to inquire about our local office?

crazylove

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-12-2010
ilovemma said:
If you do your FP,s electronically RCMP will get your fingerprints straight away and pass on your fingerprints to CIC within 3days. You can call cic after 4-5 days to ask them if they have received your prints.