+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FingerPrint request "After reviewing the biographical information on your application form, there are questions in your case with regard to sections 2

engimam

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Hey,

I got my fingerprint request and it has the below in the letter... is it standard ? or something to worry about ?

"After reviewing the biographical information on your application form, there are questions in your case with regard to sections 21 and/or 22 of the Citizenship Act. "

RamyMN

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hey,

I got my fingerprint request and it has the below in the letter... is it standard ? or something to worry about ?

"After reviewing the biographical information on your application form, there are questions in your case with regard to sections 21 and/or 22 of the Citizenship Act. "
A quick online search got me these results:

Section 21 of the Citizenship Act states that no period of time during which a person has been under a probation order, been serving a sentence of imprisonment, or been on parole can be counted towards physical presence.

Section 22 of the Citizenship Act outlines situations where a person is prohibited from being allowed to take the Oath of Citizenship and from being Granted Citizenship (having a successful application). The following prohibitions are those most significantly related to criminal charges and/or convictions:

• While the person is under a probation order, serving a sentence of imprisonment, or on parole,
  • While the person is charged with an indictable offence, or
  • If the person has been convicted of an indictable offence, in the four (4) year period before submitting the application or during the period of time where the application is in process.
If non of the above applies to your case, then your name must carry a close resemblance to someone that applies, in that case IRCC wants to verify your identity and that you are not that person.

I am no expert, but that is what I interpret from the information.

Reactions: dpenabill