+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint Request After Passing Citizenship Test

Jan 29, 2018
How do you know they haven't received it yet??
It's probably received by CIC and they're doing security checks on you. Did you call them?
I called them yesterday(CIC) and they checked it for me. No fingerprint results sent. I also talked to the front desk agent of the RCMP where I got my fingerprints and she said they sent the results directly to my house. It was on their system. So it went missing. I dunno who’s at fault. RCMP or Canada Post.

Jan 29, 2018
What is a GCMS notes?? I will go back to RCMP today to re-do the fingerprint, and they told me I have to pay again. I think it is so unfair knowing that I did my part and now I still have to pay for doing it again.

hime

Jun 15, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
22-05-2015
During the interview after passing my citizenship test 19/20. The immigration officer ask me if i received a finger print request. I told her No. She checked the system and said they haven't send it yet but they will. I have waited for almost a month now. I haven't receive anything. I called the cic 1800 number numerous times. Different agents told me they don't see any finger print request on my file.
I don't know what exactly is going om.. does anyone has an idea or in similar situation.
Request GCMS notes, it shows your file movement and comments/notes that visa officers make on each case.

If they require Finger Prints it will also be mentioned there.

You can request it at the following link:

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/privacyTerms.do

Request under Privacy act, which is free.

It takes 30 days to come.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Request GCMS notes, it shows your file movement and comments/notes that visa officers make on each case.

If they require Finger Prints it will also be mentioned there.

You can request it at the following link:

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/privacyTerms.do

Request under Privacy act, which is free.

It takes 30 days to come.
Somewhere in another thread a person was told by CIC that requesting this file prolongues your application processing time.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Somewhere in another thread a person was told by CIC that requesting this file prolongues your application processing time.
I don't think this is true. I requested these notes for my PR application, and still became a PR in record time.

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
If they asked for them sure, if not, why bother ?
After my test and interview the immigration officer ask if i received finger print request. I said no. She checked her computer and said they haven't send it yet but they will send it. It's over a month ago . I haven't receive any letter for fingerprint . So am thinking I should go ahead and do the fingerprint and send it to cic.

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
After my test and interview the immigration officer ask if i received finger print request. I said no. She checked her computer and said they haven't send it yet but they will send it. It's over a month ago . I haven't receive any letter for fingerprint . So am thinking I should go ahead and do the fingerprint and send it to cic.
They might have sent you and you dint get it. It some times get lost in post. Call CIC call centre and enquire if it was sent ?

hurry up..

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
They might have sent you and you dint get it. It some times get lost in post. Call CIC call centre and enquire if it was sent ?

hurry up..
I did already called cic many times. Different agent told me they can't find any fingerprint request on my file. One was even asking me if am sure the immigration officer indeed told me about fingerprint request .

Ngadao

Jan 26, 2018
I just did my fingerprint today, any people know when I submit my fingerprint it’s make my application delay for the test day? Thank you

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Let's say 100 applicants applied in January:

10 may get AOR in Feb (group 1); 50 in March (group 2) and 40 gets theirs between April and May (group 3). Apps are forwarded to their respective local offices.

Factors that come into play: number of apps received by the local office; capacity of local office; agents experience; application particularities (travel history, nationalities...) etc...

It may happen that some in group 3 get test invite before group 1 and some in group 2 got FP but still get test invite before group 1; then some of group 1 gets DM before; while some in group 2 get oath before the ones who get DM. You can use any combination. I'm saying all that to say this: while it's ok to compare timelines on the spreadsheet, but we have to understand, even if 10 applicants have similar profile (same municipality, number of days, travel history, age group (test or no test), etc.), there would still be differences in timeline.

Last edited: