+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint request after Decision Made

Almost_Canadian

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Hi everybody,
Wife and me (PRs since 2005) applied in June 2013. Wife got RQ in Feb 14 replied , the she got fingerprint request.
Once that was done , we had our test invite in Jul 14. Then RQ for me in Feb 15 and replied that and Nov 15 we saw decision made in ecas.

2 days back my wife got a letter for fingerprint so as that the application can be processed further. I'm not sure why she has got a 2nd fingerprint request but not me . Could it be that I have a driving license so mine are on file somewhere ?
Anyway, she will go and do the fingerprints next week.
My question is : Since our ecas status was DM and now she got a fingerprint request- are we near the end of the road ? or we've hit a roadblock? Hope some senior members with experience in this can give some guidance.
Thanks

Almost_Canadian

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Hi again everyone
My wife had her fingerprints done last week and electronically sent off to RCMP. We were told by fingerprint place that RCMP will process in around 3-4 days and send result to CIC. Then we need to wait for CIC for next step

Our ecas has been DM since late November. So firstly, is there something wrong why she got asked for fingerprints a 2nd time ( after DM) ?
And next question - is this going to delay us ?
If Leon or Dpenabill or some other senior members have any input, it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks for your inputs

Ashiqullah

Aug 12, 2015
Good Day,

I had the similar situation when i submitted my finger print on August 25, 2015 and I got another letter from CIC on October 14 requesting for my finger print. I called them and the customer service representative told me to send a letter to CIC and explain them that you already submitted your finger print and attached the photocopy of your finger print that you got from RCMP agent and any letter or email from RCMP if you got one.

After 120 days (4 months) i got my oath letter with out DM.

If your/your wife finger printer has been taken before for any reason, it will take 120 days and once everything is clear they will forward it to CIC.

Email RCMP at CCRTIS-SCICTR@rcmp-grc.gc.ca and ask for updates.

Status Update.
First letter for finger print I saw this line in my eCase.

We sent you correspondence on August 17, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Second letter for finger print request, second line appear in my eCase.

We sent you a letter on October 26, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

khana26

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
02-03-2017, Sent: 05-04-2017; 04-19-2017, Sent: 04-19-2017
AOR Received.
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-10-2016
My ECAS was updated to "Decision Made" in the first week of October 2015. I was so happy then with a hope that my wait time will be over shortly. Nay, still some more I suppose!
I received fingerprint request on January 28, exactly 2 years after I had launched my citizenship application! My test was completed in November 2014 in Mississauga CIC and after that I was given an RQ. I responded to it and after about 14 months I received the fingerprint request from CIC St. Clair. Whatelse.. a few days ago I applied for my PR card renewal.
I wish everyone luck on their journey to become a Canadian citizen.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
khana26 said:
My ECAS was updated to "Decision Made" in the first week of October 2015. I was so happy then with a hope that my wait time will be over shortly. Nay, still some more I suppose!
I received fingerprint request on January 28, exactly 2 years after I had launched my citizenship application! My test was completed in November 2014 in Mississauga CIC and after that I was given an RQ. I responded to it and after about 14 months I received the fingerprint request from CIC St. Clair. Whatelse.. a few days ago I applied for my PR card renewal.
I wish everyone luck on their journey to become a Canadian citizen.
Have you considering approaching your MP's office to intervene. Not that, they can made any difference except they can get the response within 2 weeks.

khana26

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-10-2016
Hello Canadiandesi2006, I never contacted my MP's office before. I don't know how to even do it. Should I simply drop in her office? What should I request: expediting RCMP check or expediting CIC processing? Pardon me, if I am asking something stupid. Could it be possible if you give me some insights on this matter or direct me to a relevant thread? Thanks for your time buddy.

canmozu

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi Khana
Most probably finger print request is the last paper work request before your oath invite within two to three months.

Almost_Canadian

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
@canmozu . Thanks for that. Makes the waiting a lot less tense if I can hope that this is now, finally , the last step. Will update whenever I get the oath letter.
@khana26 . Looks like we both seem to be on the same boat ! Hope you get your oath invite soon. Keep us updated.

Almost_Canadian

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Hi Everyone
An update: Today received the oath letter for 10th March. Ecas is still not updated. DM was on 3rd Nov.
If anyone is in the same situation, be patient, the letter will eventually come.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
khana26 said:
Hello Canadiandesi2006, I never contacted my MP's office before. I don't know how to even do it. Should I simply drop in her office? What should I request: expediting RCMP check or expediting CIC processing? Pardon me, if I am asking something stupid. Could it be possible if you give me some insights on this matter or direct me to a relevant thread? Thanks for your time buddy.
Oops, apologies for the late reply. I did not come to this page, had I known I would have responded quickly.

Possibly by now you might have some progress and update. If not, just find contact details of your area MP. Call the office, speak to the staff there, explain the case, send email with your case history and request help in getting the update.

MP's request update from the CIC on behalf of their constituents and get reply within couple of weeks. That way, you can have a quick update to take necessary steps.

canmozu

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Almost_Canadian said:
Hi Everyone
An update: Today received the oath letter for 10th March. Ecas is still not updated. DM was on 3rd Nov.
If anyone is in the same situation, be patient, the letter will eventually come.
Congratulation next in line for oath khana

khana26

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-10-2016
Almost_Canadian: Congratulations! March 11 today, you are a Canadian citizen already!!
canmozu: Thanks for the kind words and wishes; I am in fact still waiting for my oath request. Let's see when the wait will be over. I emailed CCRTIS-SCICTR @ rcmp-grc.gc.ca on March 7, haven't received any status update yet.

khana26

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-10-2016
Canadiandesi2006: Thanks brother. I haven't approached my local MP yet. I am strongly hoping that, RCMP will issue my clearance soon and St. Clair CIC move quickly to call me for oath.
These are truly the two steps left for me at this point!