+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint of minor after "decision made"!

Zaraali

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
We applied for citizenship 14 months ago. Ours is a family application for my daughter(20 yrs old), my son (who was 15 at the time of applying) and me. My daughter and I gave the citizenship test on 30 jan. The interview with officer went well and he said we shall receive oath invite within 3 months and that my son should come for the oath too. Next day my daughter's and my status changed to decision made but not for my son which should be ok as I heard they do not change for minors. But today i received e-mail for fingerprint of my son. Anyone who went through the same thing or knows what's going on. Is this normal procedure.

Reactions: TYTBP

JPBless

May 14, 2018
We applied for citizenship 14 months ago. Ours is a family application for my daughter(20 yrs old), my son (who was 15 at the time of applying) and me. My daughter and I gave the citizenship test on 30 jan. The interview with officer went well and he said we shall receive oath invite within 3 months and that my son should come for the oath too. Next day my daughter's and my status changed to decision made but not for my son which should be ok as I heard they do not change for minors. But today i received e-mail for fingerprint of my son. Anyone who went through the same thing or knows what's going on. Is this normal procedure.
Brainstorming about why IRCC requested for fingerprint for your son, or whether it is normal, is pointless. As long as IRCC requested for your son's fingerprint the diligent thing to do is have your son do the fingerprint as soon as possible and restart your (now) paused family application. RCMP will process the fingerprint in a day or two if there is no match, and the IRCC processing office will receive the result within two weeks.

Simply, what IRCC wants IRCC gets.

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Keep in mind test invite/interview can take place prior to the completion of background check. In your case, your son's background check was not finished, hence they asked for the fingerprint.
Submit it as soon as possible so your family application will not be delayed any longer. At this point, his application is the only thing holding you three back.

Zaraali

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Thanks for your replies. Sent the fingerprints same day. Its just that during the interview the officer had clearly told me that all three of you will get test invite within three months and that your son should come for the oath. So was just wondering why they started his process now.

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Thanks for your replies. Sent the fingerprints same day. Its just that during the interview the officer had clearly told me that all three of you will get test invite within three months and that your son should come for the oath. So was just wondering why they started his process now.
During my interview, I clearly remember the officer looked at my file and said if they don't ask for fingerprint you are all good. Maybe the fingerprint request email was scheduled to be sent before the interview took place. The officer who interviewed you was probably NOT the one who worked on your file. Again this is just speculation, we never know for sure how IRCC works. Now you just need to patiently wait since you already complied with their request.