+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint Dilemma - Kind Help Needed

Em W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
My mom sent a paper-based application on June 2022.

Fingerprint request was made on August 10th, 2022 and the FPs were done on the same day.

IRCC tracker shows that the results were received on September 14th, 2022 and it's still in progress.

I've mostly seen people completing background check a day after IRCC receiving the results. It's been 6 weeks since IRCC got the results and nothing.

I am very concerned. Is this normal?

iceman55

May 1, 2022
My mom sent a paper-based application on June 2022.

Fingerprint request was made on August 10th, 2022 and the FPs were done on the same day.

IRCC tracker shows that the results were received on September 14th, 2022 and it's still in progress.

I've mostly seen people completing background check a day after IRCC receiving the results. It's been 6 weeks since IRCC got the results and nothing.

I am very concerned. Is this normal?
This delay was exprienced by a lot of fingerprinted folks from August and September. It seems like they've cleared a lot of pending FPs earlier this week. You can may be wait a couple of days to see if your mom's will be cleared soon.
You can also call them and check instead.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/june-2021-citizenship-applicants.733273/post-10152217

Since it's already received they have everything they need.

Em W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
This delay was exprienced by a lot of fingerprinted folks from August and September. It seems like they've cleared a lot of pending FPs earlier this week. You can may be wait a couple of days to see if your mom's will be cleared soon.
You can also call them and check instead.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/june-2021-citizenship-applicants.733273/post-10152217

Since it's already received they have everything they need.
So far nothing yet. I hope things look good at the end of this week.

Reactions: iceman55