Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
Hi

Anybody knows where in chennai I can go for finger printing. I need to do it for FBI PCC. Please let me know where it is and how can I approach.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.indiafingerprinting.com/

Try with this agency in India. Hope they may help you for FBI finger prints.

shantiseema

Apr 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
Thanks Wilson but these guys are not having any center in chennai

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

You can get it done at SCRB (State Crime Records Bureau) Santhome. Please let me know if you need the step by step procedure.

Regards.

shantiseema

Apr 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
Hi tilakk

I appreciate if you can let me know the step by step procedure.

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Shantiseema,

Here are the step by step instruction that i had followed (thanks to an earlier post in this forum on how to go about it). I am adding to those instructions based on my experience.

Step 1:
Go to SCRB (State Crime Records Beaureu) Santhome. It is a new building and Blue in color and is opposite to the Big Kalyana Manadapam in MRC Nagar/santhome.There is adequate bike parking for visitors-not sure about car parking, So please take a bike/auto.If possible, take your spouse/father or brother along.
1.Write a cover letter (leave the to address part blank,you can fill it up at SCRB) stating why you require FBI finger prints.
Please take 2 photocopies of 1.Passport Biodata page 2.Drivers License 3.Voters ID 4.Ration Card.
Take the originals along with the 2 photocopies (In case you don't have any of the above, don't worry just tell them that.I was asked the above 4 and i was lucky to have all 4 of it.)
They will verify the originals with the photocopy and confirm both the authenticity of the documents and the person.

This step takes 30 mins if the person is in his desk.

Step 2:
At SCRB you would be given a bank challan, or a photocopy of challan and asked to take a DD.I don t remember the amount-I think it was for Rs.50 or Rs.100.
Please note that they will ask you to take the DD only from State Bank of India,Treasury branch.This is opposite to Thousand Lights.
Again, since it is in mount road, you can either go by bike and park it in a side street next to the bank or by auto.
Avoid going to this bank during month beginning/end as it gets very crowded.Please be mentally prepared for a 1-2 hours wait to get the DD

Step 3:
Take the DD and go back to SCRB.You would be asked to submit the DD,Cover letter and photocopies of ID proof.
They will assume that you will bring the fingerprint cards yourself. (If you don't have 1 or if you need instructions how to make 1 please ask me here or email me).I think i also have spare ones.
They will then do the fingerprinting on the card and then make you wait for 10-15 mins after that while they verify if the prints were taken properly.They will then sign and put the seal on the card.
This step takes about 30 mins-1 hour.

I found them to be courteous and helpful.All the best to you.

Regards.

EDIT:

1.They will agree to do only 1 set of prints.If you ask nicely, they will relent and give you a 2nd set, but no more than that. They will advise you to take a color photocopy of the prints.
2.It is not like how they show in movies,where you press your finger on a rubber stamp ink pad and make thumb impressions.The elderly gentleman who takes the fingerprints for you will hold your fingers and place it on the fingerprint card/form and roll your finger from end to end to make an impression.
Just blindly follow his lead and your prints will be fine and not smudgy.

Reactions: KarthikVV

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Since another person had pm'ed me and asked how to get the FBI fingerprint card, i thought instead of messaging him back, i would post it here.
Please use this link to download the FBI form FD 258
www.state.gov/documents/organization/103665.pdf

Take this file to a reputed photocopy/printout shop (Student Xerox in chennai) and request them to take a front and back color printout of this in their thickest A4 size sheet. (They call it board)
Then ask for 2 more color photocopies (front and back) of the same. (just in case there is a problem, it helps to have back up cards.)
Your FBI fingerprint card is now ready for use.

Ensure that you read the following instructions (print it out if necessary) to help you fill the form.
www.state.gov/documents/organization/103665.pdf

Note: You will have to fill this form only at SCRB during step 3 of the process detailed in my previous post.

Regards.

shantiseema

Apr 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
thanks for the details. I will start the process.

soumya2k2

Star Member
May 4, 2010
United Kingdom
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-04-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-08-2017
Med's Request
07-08-2017
Med's Done....
07-08-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2017
thanks .. this step by step process would be really helpful...

ptv7425

Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2014
Thanks for the detailed explanation.

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am happy that i had a chance to help.This forum is my only source of info and so many people have helped me out by posting their experiences, and I am happy that i had the chance to do the same.
Best of luck to all of you.

prmalr

Jul 16, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tilakk said:
Hi Shantiseema,

Here are the step by step instruction that i had followed (thanks to an earlier post in this forum on how to go about it). I am adding to those instructions based on my experience.

Step 1:
Go to SCRB (State Crime Records Beaureu) Santhome. It is a new building and Blue in color and is opposite to the Big Kalyana Manadapam in MRC Nagar/santhome.There is adequate bike parking for visitors-not sure about car parking, So please take a bike/auto.If possible, take your spouse/father or brother along.
1.Write a cover letter (leave the to address part blank,you can fill it up at SCRB) stating why you require FBI finger prints.
Please take 2 photocopies of 1.Passport Biodata page 2.Drivers License 3.Voters ID 4.Ration Card.
Take the originals along with the 2 photocopies (In case you don't have any of the above, don't worry just tell them that.I was asked the above 4 and i was lucky to have all 4 of it.)
They will verify the originals with the photocopy and confirm both the authenticity of the documents and the person.

This step takes 30 mins if the person is in his desk.

Step 2:
At SCRB you would be given a bank challan, or a photocopy of challan and asked to take a DD.I don t remember the amount-I think it was for Rs.50 or Rs.100.
Please note that they will ask you to take the DD only from State Bank of India,Treasury branch.This is opposite to Thousand Lights.
Again, since it is in mount road, you can either go by bike and park it in a side street next to the bank or by auto.
Avoid going to this bank during month beginning/end as it gets very crowded.Please be mentally prepared for a 1-2 hours wait to get the DD

Step 3:
Take the DD and go back to SCRB.You would be asked to submit the DD,Cover letter and photocopies of ID proof.
They will assume that you will bring the fingerprint cards yourself. (If you don't have 1 or if you need instructions how to make 1 please ask me here or email me).I think i also have spare ones.
They will then do the fingerprinting on the card and then make you wait for 10-15 mins after that while they verify if the prints were taken properly.They will then sign and put the seal on the card.
This step takes about 30 mins-1 hour.

I found them to be courteous and helpful.All the best to you.

Regards.

EDIT:

1.They will agree to do only 1 set of prints.If you ask nicely, they will relent and give you a 2nd set, but no more than that. They will advise you to take a color photocopy of the prints.
2.It is not like how they show in movies,where you press your finger on a rubber stamp ink pad and make thumb impressions.The elderly gentleman who takes the fingerprints for you will hold your fingers and place it on the fingerprint card/form and roll your finger from end to end to make an impression.
Just blindly follow his lead and your prints will be fine and not smudgy.
Dear tilakk,
thank you so much for the detailed informations you have given it explains all we need,
i would like to know other than chennai bureau which other south indian bureau does this any idea?
eg.pondicherry?
well in chennai bureau for fingerprinting do they operate on saturdays?
and when should i be present there in the morning to finish early and return any details regarding that
i desparately need two finger print cards to be taken so will they do that also, i hope there wont be any problems for taking two fingerprint cards fd258,
thanks again for your infos
thanks a lot friend.
prici.

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Prici,

To answer the questions that you have raised in this thread and in your message to me.

1. I am not sure if they work on saturdays. But the whole process (First SCRB checking your documents, and then going to the bank and finally getting back to SCRB for taking the fingerprints.
took me about 4-5 hours. I would advise you start early- reach SCRB by 10:00-10:30 AM and you should be done by 3:00 PM. So plan accordingly.

2.I do not have any clue about other state agencies who do the same. (But I am sure every state will have such a department to take care of it's residents.) I would also caution you that in case you are not from TN, you might be better off approaching the respective state Agency where you reside.

3. As i had mentioned in an earlier post, they usually insist that they will only grant 1 card, but if you ask nicely and mention that you need 2, they will oblige. (They did in my case).

4.You don't have to pay anything more than the bank challan fee, and the staff there are courteous and do not expect any bribes.

5.The rest of your questions regarding the documents/photocopies to carry, i have already mentioned in detail in an earlier post.Kindly go through it.

And finally ensure that the Fd258 Card is of A4 size and is thick.

Good luck to You.

ptv7425

Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2014
Hi All,

I thought I'll share my experience regarding this since a lot of people are running around taking fingerprints :D

I downloaded the fingerprint form from the FBI website and printed it on a usual A4 size paper and made the prints myself. I bought an ink pad but found that it was too dark, so instead used ladies eye liner ink (which is similar to black shoe polish :D). The prints came good, only problem is it takes a while to dry. I took several sets of prints, then selected the best three, attached a credit card and sent it in May. The card was charged on June 30 and I got my report on July 17, "No arrest record found"

Unfortunately my wife's prints were rejected as she has very feeble prints, very difficult to get clear prints. Will have to try again :(

I left the column "signature of official taking fingerprints" blank and under "reason" I wrote 'Record Request'. Filled up the rest as appropriate.

Good luck!

prmalr

Jul 16, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tilakk said:
Hi Prici,

To answer the questions that you have raised in this thread and in your message to me.

1. I am not sure if they work on saturdays. But the whole process (First SCRB checking your documents, and then going to the bank and finally getting back to SCRB for taking the fingerprints.
took me about 4-5 hours. I would advise you start early- reach SCRB by 10:00-10:30 AM and you should be done by 3:00 PM. So plan accordingly.

2.I do not have any clue about other state agencies who do the same. (But I am sure every state will have such a department to take care of it's residents.) I would also caution you that in case you are not from TN, you might be better off approaching the respective state Agency where you reside.

3. As i had mentioned in an earlier post, they usually insist that they will only grant 1 card, but if you ask nicely and mention that you need 2, they will oblige. (They did in my case).

4.You don't have to pay anything more than the bank challan fee, and the staff there are courteous and do not expect any bribes.

5.The rest of your questions regarding the documents/photocopies to carry, i have already mentioned in detail in an earlier post.Kindly go through it.

And finally ensure that the Fd258 Card is of A4 size and is thick.

Good luck to You.
Dear Mr. tilakk,
thank you so much for the informations,
they are very useful,
i would certainly follow your intstructions and do the same in reporting to the office
and also i ordered the fd258 cards from usa online
they are the original cards
and as you said they are not of a4 size but to the standard size as they have to be,
they do accept that in chennai right? the standard fd258 cards
** One more doubt while sending the Finished finger print card to fbi should we place any prepaid postage paid envelope to them or they will take care of the charges(postage ) sending to us here in India by mail.
sorry to bother you will too many of my questions
thanks again a lot
sincerely
prici.