+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finding a Canadian company to represent/work-for in the States

ET

Aug 30, 2007
While waiting for immigration decision from CIC, and while wating for kids to finish high school, I'd like to work-foror represent a Canadian company, from Virginia. I can offer export assistance, marketing strategy, market entry plans, sales promotion, representative office experience, etc. Any ideas on how to locate a new/expanding company to work for? I understand that the years I'd work for a Canadian company in the US would count towards my years-in-residence requirement, and this would allow me to help promote Canada as well as help my own situation. Thanks in advance!

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
You could throw your resume up on monster.com and see what happens. Other sites include

monster.ca (separate from monster.com)
jobsdb.ca
careerbuilder.ca
jobs.ca
loonlounge.com (excellent job search feature)

But since you're a marketing expert, I shouldn't be giving you advice on how to find a Canadian employer, right?

;-)

ET

Aug 30, 2007
LOL! i've always found that marketing products and services is easier than finding the right job....where sometimes personalities are a key part of the "right mix!" Thank you for the references and ideas. I liked the links in David Cohen's newsletter--the "happiest cities" in Canada....two of my fave's, Halifax and Saskatoon....maybe i can find a company in one of those two cities looking for some export assistance down here in Virginia.

shabeer

Jan 28, 2008
hi dear lower
I m Ghulam Shabeer and i wand to go canada i belong to Pakistan i have done Bsc(Bechlore of Science) frm pakistani university. I want to satel there in canada coz there is a lot of appertunites to do work and jobs so i decided tht i have to go to canada but i dont have any experiance abt apploying i need help more and proper. one thing that i m 21year old and i can will prove what is requairment of canadian rols
THANKS