+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Find a job after Postgraduate program

Reuben T

Apr 13, 2013
Hi guys,

I've read posts about this topic, but I would also appreciate some advises related to my case. I have IT degree (not Canadian university). I've been in Canada, Toronto for less than a year. My initial plan before coming here was to apply for postgrad in finance=> graduate => land a job => work full-time for a year => get PR :). I applied for a college (George Brown, Financial Planning, 8 months, no co-op) for September intake, got accepted.
But now I'm getting a sense that this education doesn't have any value, it's too many people competing for a limited number of jobs in this areas (management, finance, business, etc.). I've read a comment here that it would be better to study trades. As I understand, in this case you add some chances to land a job after graduation and there is a demand for skilled workers here. It's just I don't want to waste 15000 CAD on something that will not help me with my plan. Any suggestions, or maybe someone has the same concerns? Or if there is a thread with the same topic and I didn't find it, just send it. Thanks in advance

belex

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I also applied for B407 at GBC, since I have more than 7 years of work exp as a securities dealer, in Europe. Currently waiting for my Toefl score in order to complete my app.
I strongly believe that it is possible to find a job in the industry after graduation. I would suggest you to take CSC along with your studies. My plan is also to take other CSI courses in order to get credentials. Competition is high indeed, but I think you have to invest in yourself if you want to achieve your goals.

Reuben T

Apr 13, 2013
Thank you, belex
As I understand, our curriculum already has Canadian Securities I and II. And after graduation we will be ready to write the exam for CFP. I'm also thinking about getting LLQP.