+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Financially dependent parents TRV

egee00

Oct 20, 2012
App. Filed.......
17-07-2017
This might have been posted but I couldn’t find a clear answer.

I am applying for my parents and while I am honestly not sure if they are going to be approved, I would like to take the chance.

mom and dad are both not working. They have a small business but they didn’t register it so there’s no supporting documents.

they are intended to visit for 20 days.

-They have roughly $15k in savings. They are dependent of me and my aunt who’s in Australia.

-I asked for copy of remittance slips from my aunt but my mom doesn’t keep them, she has some that are recent.

-they have land property where our house sits, 2 cars and a motorcycle.

-mom never travelled outside our country but my dad works in the Middle East 20 years ago.

-no other investment and source of income.

from our end, I am sending the invitation letter, NOA for my husband and mine, our bank accounts which only have $2k and a $3.5k investment, payslips and a letter explaining why they can’t stay for more than 20 days.

My aunt (mom’s oldest sister) lives with them and she is dependent of my mom. She’s still mobile but in general, my mom looks after her.

I honestly don’t know what else can I do to present a stronger case. Any input will be highly appreciated.

egee00

Oct 20, 2012
App. Filed.......
17-07-2017
How much liquid funds do your parents have?
I honestly don’t know what liquid funds mean, all they have is $15k in savings that they can withdraw anytime they wish. No investment.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Pretty tough to get approved especially if the 15k is mostly from you and your Aunt. Would be different if it was from profits from their business.

egee00

Oct 20, 2012
App. Filed.......
17-07-2017
Pretty tough to get approved especially if the 15k is mostly from you and your Aunt. Would be different if it was from profits from their business.
exactly what I thought. And I am just honestly going to apply and hope for the best. I know it could be a waste of money but I really want to see my parents and they definitely want to see my kids. Thanks so much for your reply.