2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
Greenhorn said:
Are you sure, cause CIC website says otherwise:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=740&top=23

Can anyone who submitted the online application without putting physical signature and got an approval comment please?
I am specifically concerned about the following forms:
IMM5645, and
IMM5713 - family history
My bad, I missed the 'online' part.

Greenhorn

Nov 10, 2015
So, I called up CIC and the lady told me that the family representation form needs actual physical signature and so does the "representative" form - even if it is an online submission..

Greenhorn

Nov 10, 2015
Hi Bryanna,

So, I received the online PPR earlier today. I was trying to browse through the website (VFS) but instructions do not seem to be clearly written out.
What all should my parents be shipping to the VFS office now?
1. VFS consent forms? (Where do I get these)
2. PPR letter (I have it)
3. Processing fee (What is the mode of payment/who it has to be made payable to?)
4. and last but not the least, Passports

Please also let me know if I am missing anything.

Cheers,
GreenHorn

P.S. This if for VFS India - New Delhi

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
That's great :)

Your parents must submit their passports, in person, at VFS Delhi. They cannot courier it.

Do check this link:
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/how_to_apply.html

VFS consent form (Step 3), for example. You'll find all the information in the link.

If your parents are unable to submit it themselves/only one parent will submit for the other..... then an authorization letter is required (no specific format for this)

petal765

Mar 20, 2014
Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
london/isb
App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
AOR Received.
12/18
File Transfer...
July8,2019
Med's Request
December 27,2019
Med's Done....
January 14,2020
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
February 11,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 18,2020
LANDED..........
March 04,2020
Hi Greenhorn
so how you applied?on paper or online?,what documents you submitted for your sister?is she a student or working?

rhukil

Jul 8, 2016
Hi,
My mother plans to visit Canada this December for Christmas. Since my sister and me are still students and do not have heavy bank balances to demonstrate my mother's expenses during her stay is it possible we document her banking records and other assets information (which essentially becomes a tourist visa requisite as opposed to a visitors visa) while we also submit an invitation letter, upload our academic transcripts, etc. (a visitor's visa mandate)?

What I essentially mean to say is that can she show a combination of documents for the tourist and visitors visa such as airline ticket, her banking info, my sister and my academic records, invitation letter?

Pl clarify

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@rhukil

Your finances are secondary. Your mom must prove that she can afford the visit.

More importantly, your mom must prove (with evidence) that she has reasons to return to her home country (employment/business + property or land ownership + dependent family + financial investments + previous travel history would help). She must keep her visit to 2-3 weeks max.

Do NOT buy confirmed plane tickets. It does not guarantee a visa

Cheers

rhukil

Jul 8, 2016
Great! This helps. Also we wanted to know what is the best way to document property/non-liquid assets such as gold and property for our mother's tourist/visitor's TRV? Do we submit copies of the property papers? Mention jewellery's worth in the letter of intent?

rhukil

Jul 8, 2016
Hi @Bryanna,

My Canadian sister does not have my mother's name on her passport or birth certificate. What do you suggest? Pl reply. This is urgent!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi @Bryanna,

My Canadian sister does not have my mother's name on her passport or birth certificate. What do you suggest? Pl reply. This is urgent!
How is this possible especially for the birth certificate?

Alternatively, your sister can include hospital records, school records, or a similar document which states your mom's name as her mother

Immigration17

Jul 8, 2020
Hi Bryanna,

How much funds to be shown by the sponsor for a visitor visa of his parents? Sponsor has purchased a new house in Canada and he is paying loan via EMI, will this create a negative impact on the visitor visa of parents? if yes then shall the sponsor show a different account where he has all the money?

Waiting for your positive reply

Regards
Ahmed

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Bryanna,

How much funds to be shown by the sponsor for a visitor visa of his parents? Sponsor has purchased a new house in Canada and he is paying loan via EMI, will this create a negative impact on the visitor visa of parents? if yes then shall the sponsor show a different account where he has all the money?

Waiting for your positive reply

Regards
Ahmed
A TRV is primarily dependent on the assets of the visitor. The parents should be providing proof of their assets. You can provide proof of your funds as well.