+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finally, my husband passed his medical!!!

imogen24

Jul 12, 2009
Hi everyone, I submitted my application as a skilled worker last September 2006 under the simplified application process.
Last Oct 2008, I received a letter form the embassy requesting me to submit all supporting documents ( FYI: I am the principal applicant and my husband and daughter are my dependents). I was given 3 months to comply. Finally, I was able to submit everything on Jan 2009. I was told that processing will take about 4 months after submission of all requirements.
7 weeks later, I received another letter requesting for a medical examination along with an updated proof of funds and Right of Permanent Residence Fee.
Myself and my daughter's medical results are all fine except for my husband who was asked to undergo further tests. My husband's medical will take another 3 months to finish.
I wrote to the Immigration office in London asking if I need to request for an extension since I was only given 3 months for the medical exam. I was told to submit my medical results along with my daughter's medical, proof of funds and corresponding fees while waiting for my husband's medical result.
Now, has anyone experienced this problem before? And if yes, do you think they will issue our visa even though my husband's medical is still not finished? Or will they wait till my husband submit his medical result?
What are the chances that I will be refused at this stage?

Thanks and goodluck to all of us!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: Queries regarding Final stage of application?

Hi

imogen24 said:
Hi everyone, I submitted my application as a skilled worker last September 2006 under the simplified application process.
Last Oct 2008, I received a letter form the embassy requesting me to submit all supporting documents ( FYI: I am the principal applicant and my husband and daughter are my dependents). I was given 3 months to comply. Finally, I was able to submit everything on Jan 2009. I was told that processing will take about 4 months after submission of all requirements.
7 weeks later, I received another letter requesting for a medical examination along with an updated proof of funds and Right of Permanent Residence Fee.
Myself and my daughter's medical results are all fine except for my husband who was asked to undergo further tests. My husband's medical will take another 3 months to finish.
I wrote to the Immigration office in London asking if I need to request for an extension since I was only given 3 months for the medical exam. I was told to submit my medical results along with my daughter's medical, proof of funds and corresponding fees while waiting for my husband's medical result.
Now, has anyone experienced this problem before? And if yes, do you think they will issue our visa even though my husband's medical is still not finished? Or will they wait till my husband submit his medical result?

[/quote

No, they won't issue the visa until your spouse passes medical.

PMM

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

imogen24 said:

Like PMM said, it all depends on the outcome of your husband's further tests.

imogen24

Jul 12, 2009

Thanks PMM and BobbyB for taking the time to answer my question.
Ok, so my husband is due to take his medical again this month of July.
All being well, I hope and pray that our visa will be granted soon.

imogen24

Jul 12, 2009

Just an additional question, worst case scenario, if my husband doesn't pass his medical exam, will my visa be refused although I am the principal applicant??

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

imogen24 said:
Just an additional question, worst case scenario, if my husband doesn't pass his medical exam, will my visa be refused although I am the principal applicant??
Normally, YES.

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011

imogen24 said:
One fails, all fail

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: If one dependent doesn't pass the medical???

imogen24 said:
Really?? I didn't know it works that way, thanks for the heads up! I will just have to wait and see.
I hope it works in my favor, fingers crossed....

Best of Luck.

imogen24

Jul 12, 2009
BobbyB said:
imogen24 said:
Really?? I didn't know it works that way, thanks for the heads up! I will just have to wait and see.

Best of Luck.
I am so relieved that finally my husband passed his medical, it's the moment of truth now....
Will it take long for immigration to decide if they're going to give my family a visa?

nimmiboy

Apr 22, 2005
Riyadh - KSA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imogen24 said:
BobbyB said:
imogen24 said:

Best of Luck.
I am so relieved that finally my husband passed his medical, it's the moment of truth now....
Will it take long for immigration to decide if they're going to give my family a visa?
Congratulation,

Now feeling relax..best of luck for your future steps.

Regards

Neyo

Star Member
May 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2006
AOR Received.