+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finally I did my landing

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
hi, everyone

I just did my landing at Calgary, since my arrival everything I saw was a very nice and helpfully people, the immigration officer did just a couple of simple questions, and he granted our landing, very nice and educated man by the way. it was not different with the customs officer, he also helped me to fill the forms and bottom line we were welcome to canada with several smiles all along the airport.

to whom it may interest the following:I brought my funds in traveller cheques and bank draft

Tip: do not exchage your money at the airport, do it at any bank you will get better exchange rate

I did a trip around the city, it is so beautifull...

Regards
Eduardo

Noy

Star Member
Aug 15, 2006
Congrats Eduardo, you made it. Welcome and goodluck on your new life here in Canada

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Hey my friends!!
for those who want to come to Calgary Alberta, there is not waiting time for the Health cards, I got the number the same day I applied for, the lady told me that we could used them already if we wanted. so it was great, I did not had to by the medical insurance for 3 months

cheers
Eduardo

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Congrats Eduardo, i am still stuck to get my passport as i had to post it in africa while i live in london. Very worried not knowing what to do though told to go get it. I dont know how?

Let us know how getting a job can be for you?

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
martha marita said:
Congrats Eduardo, i am still stuck to get my passport as i had to post it in africa while i live in london. Very worried not knowing what to do though told to go get it. I dont know how?

I would say wait until after August 27. After Monday, if you have not received your passport, then sacrifice and send them a typed fax this time outlining the events and your concern that you have not heard from them over a period of one month. You can request that they respond by fax or by email, stating your email address in the faxed document.

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
martha marita said:

Hey Martha

I hope you get your passport soon.

Actually I just had a couple of enterviews from a work agencies, nothing so far, but certainly there are a lot of "now hiring" signs every were here in Calgary...

Regards
Eduardo
it is just matter of time, I have been here for less than two weeks

Ozzie

Star Member
Aug 3, 2006
USA
Man, I was just thinking of you the other day while watching Hurricane Dean brushing Mexico.. I said to myself god knows if Eduardo left for Canada or not... I'm Glad to hear you are fine with your family and in Canada... Good Luck Brother... I'm right after you flying to Vancouver, BC on October 9th.

:)

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Ozzie said:
Man, I was just thinking of you the other day while watching Hurricane Dean brushing Mexico.. I said to myself god knows if Eduardo left for Canada or not... I'm Glad to hear you are fine with your family and in Canada... Good Luck Brother... I'm right after you flying to Vancouver, BC on October 9th.

:)
Hey my friend Ozzie

excellent, it is good to hear that you are coming very soon, perfect!!

take care yourself my friend
Eduardo

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Thanks for encouraging Eduardo. By the way how did you go about accomt e odation and housing. I have no clue how i will go about it when i land. Did you get somewhere to stay before you landed or they can give you advise on where to temporary lodge or stay.

Please advise.
Martha