+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finally finished my application!

DustinBrett

Star Member
Jan 21, 2015
Finally finished my application after dragging my feet on it since April. My wife is from Chile and I am from Canada. Here are photos of the application package we put together. I've also included the table of contents that I created in case it may help others. This forum was helpful for finishing my application.

Open Work Permit (Envelope & Table of Contents):

Permanent Resident (Envelope & Table of Contents):

Finished Package:

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations! It looks great!

Too bad CIC is going to tear it apart (because they have to scan EVEYTHING in the package) and it will NOT look this good for very long!

A couple of things to mention:

You didn't need to include anything more for the OWP, than the OWP itself (and the correct fee of $255, NOT $155). Hopefully you did pay the full/correct amount. The reason why you only needed the OWP, is bacause your approval is, in essence, guaranteed because it is because of the Inland application that you are eligible for the OWP.

Also, the Sponsor did NOT need IMM 5669, only you, the applicant, needed that form.

Are the 2 photos that you included, actual PR Card photos (that are slightly different than a passport photo)?

Lastly, was your driver abstract actually required?

Good luck!

schonkatze

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
31-10-2015
good luck with everything!

as Ponga said, if you haven't sent it yet, check that you paid the correct amount for the work permit ($255).

remember to check the 2015 inland spreadsheet and post your info there too if you want to. I've been finding it very helpful on keep track on what others processing time line is looking like, and also to have a general idea of what my dates might be.

DustinBrett

Star Member
Jan 21, 2015
Thanks.

As for them taking it apart I don't care, it's easy to access and all held together with paper clips. I did it for there ease of understanding.

I did indeed pay $255 for the OWP and I included everything to be sure that the chances of them saying something was missing were lower, it's only paper.

As for 5669 I thought about it a lot but decided to include it just in case because the wording on the guide and on the form itself were not very clear and this forum also had mixed information on if that document should be kept, I didn't see the harm in attaching it and I crossed out Applicant and put Sponsor for the first line.

The photos are indeed the correct immigration ones, I made sure they were and they stamped the back with the correct information on one of the photos.

The driver abstract was indeed needed as it's mentioned as required when getting the police certificate for Chileans.

Thanks for the notes.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Looks great, good luck!

superman2012

Nov 20, 2014
DustinBrett said:
Finally finished my application after dragging my feet on it since April. My wife is from Chile and I am from Canada. Here are photos of the application package we put together. I've also included the table of contents that I created in case it may help others. This forum was helpful for finishing my application.

Open Work Permit (Envelope & Table of Contents):

Permanent Resident (Envelope & Table of Contents):

Finished Package:
Hi I think you don't need to put a Schedule A for the sponsor section

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Someone posted a very good question for you in the INLAND 2015 thread:

Your ToC lists your 2014 Notice of Assessment, but CIC wants your Option C document, which is NOT the same as the NoA. This could lead to the entire application being returned.

Hopefully, you DID include the Option C, but incorrectly listed the NoA in your ToC!

DustinBrett

Star Member
Jan 21, 2015
Thanks for telling me. Ya about that... It is the notice of assessment. I wrote a letter included with that explaining why because I made no money in 2014 as I wasn't even in Canada for the past 4 years. I have been traveling the world and just got back recently. I included proof of my current job with my employers letters. Also I was under the impression that the proof of income is not even that important when sponsoring a spouse. But either way I included all I had and all CRA was willing to give me when I asked. Hopefully they read the explanation letter and understand my situation.

SuiGeneris

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2015
AOR Received.