+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finally Canadian, Little tips for people

gonaaaa

Apr 17, 2013
Hello,

So I just received my certificate and thought I should share some thoughts as this will probably be the last time I post on this forum.
You can see my timeline in my other posts but it took 29 months (routine) from start to finish. I never called CIC during the process.

My local office was Winnipeg.

Now I lost my IMM 5292 (Confirmation of permanent residence) before the test. So I submitted a VOS to get the copy of it
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp

but it still takes 6 months so i wrote the test without it and the officer put that in the notes.

They also asked for it during the oath ceremony and i said I lost it and the officer asked if they noted that during the test and I said yes, and that was it.

Just my 2 cents here

I was looking at some info before the oath and on the website it says this

"What to bring

If you have a permanent resident card, you must also bring it.

If you became a permanent resident before June 28, 2002, you must bring your Record of Landing (IMM 1000).

If you have both of those documents, bring both of them to the ceremony."

Notice how it says you must bring IMM 1000 but it does not mention IMM 5292 which is the the document issued after 2002.

So those of you that have lost the IMM 5292, Don't worry that much since it does not matter anymore. They did take my PR card and check my invitation letter and ID.

The whole process lasted about an hour and we were done.

Hope this helps and good luck to all the applicants

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Wow, that is good for folks to know. Thanks for sharing!

I wonder why IMM1000 is so critical but IMM5292 is not.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keesio said:
Wow, that is good for folks to know. Thanks for sharing!

I wonder why IMM1000 is so critical but IMM5292 is not.
that's because at the time of Imm1000 that was the only official doc for immigrants u could use it to travel with and reenter canada with. Not anymore because now they came up with the PR card which is more sophesticated so the current landing doc imm 5292 is worth nothing and without your PR card u can, t reenter canada.

canadiancoops

Jan 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations.

In my oath letter , and in my test and interview, they all state I must bring my IMM5292 along with my permanent resident card.

gonaaaa

Apr 17, 2013

I am pretty sure all letters are the same and the exact wording on them is

All your original documents that support your application - Immigration Record of landing (IMM 1000) or confirmation of permanent residance (IMM 5292) and Permanent resident card. (If you have a landing document and a permanent resident card, you must bring them both)

Notice how it says landing document and not confirmation of permanent residence in brackets and im pretty sure IMM 5292 is not a landing document. Before after the oath they used to stamp IMM 1000 and now instead they just take our PR cards and dont do anything to the IMM 5292 document. As far as I can see and also reading about other peoples experiences must bring them both statement does not apply to IMM 5292

So looking at it logically and putting this and what CIC says online, I would say that you must bring your IMM 1000 if you have one but if you have a IMM 5292 its not essential to the test or oath

canadiancoops said:
Congratulations.

In my oath letter , and in my test and interview, they all state I must bring my IMM5292 along with my permanent resident card.

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
Actually OP simply applied for another copy of landing papers but continued ahead with the process alongside so no delay on that front.
Stop being so rude and aggressive, it's really not necessary

gonaaaa

Apr 17, 2013
lol yea my application was routine.. and I don't have landing papers that's what I was getting at record of permanent residence IMM 5292 and Record of landing IMM 1000 are different types of documents. Losing IMM 5292 does not make your application non routine. When I sent my application in I had my IMM 5292 and I was wondering if that was required for test and oath and it seems that the document is not important but the PR card is. But if you have IMM 1000 landing document you MUST bring it to test and oath.

An application is considered non-routine if any one of the following has occurred:

you are asked to provide a residence questionnaire, documents proving residence in Canada, fingerprints, or any other additional documents;
we have not received all the necessary documents or the correct fees; - CIC received all my documents I had no delay or request to provide additional documents. I applied for a another copy because it is good to have not because it was required of me.
it is unclear whether you meet the residence requirements;
it is unclear whether you are subject to any immigration, security or criminal prohibitions;
you do not meet the language requirements for citizenship;
you fail or are unable to write the knowledge-of-Canada test (citizenship test); and
you require a hearing with a citizenship judge.