AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
As the title states, my mother received the final notice to the Oath of citizenship.

we received the first notice in January 2024 that we promptly replied via email with the reason of her being outside of Canada with her planned date of return in May. She is also going through dental work done over seas. We provided the doctor note with her return ticket. We didn’t hear any thing after that other then auto-reply to the email and ghost update in the tracker.

fast forward to today we received an email with a final notice to appear for oath next week. First, her dental work is not completed, second even if we decide to reschedule the flight then we will have to pay thousands of dollars to fly her back in to Canada to such a short a notice.

we were under the impression that IRCC has acknowledged our first response and we are good till until her return. This was obviously not the case.

My question is that my mother is most likely not be able to come by the date of the final notice. I understand that chances are that her application is going to be classified as abondoned and we may have to start from scratch.

if abondoned, can we apply again right away on her return as long as she is eligible based in the new dates?

I am just wondering if any one has gone through this situation, and if any one has any other suggestion.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Called IRCC today. The agent said that they dont see any email or explanation after the first notice on file. The email was sent and we received the auto reply from it as an acknowledgment to receive the email.
The agent has sent a query to the office to review.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Called IRCC today. The agent said that they dont see any email or explanation after the first notice on file. The email was sent and we received the auto reply from it as an acknowledgment to receive the email.
The agent has sent a query to the office to review.
It's always better to do the same thing with webform in addition to email as that is something which IRCC cannot claim that they did not receive.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
It's always better to do the same thing with webform in addition to email as that is something which IRCC cannot claim that they did not receive.
I understand and that was probably our fault. We didn’t think this would be the case specially when we got the auto reply with the acknowledgment of the reciept.
I am wondering about the next step as she still can’t make it to Canada for the oath with the given time. If IRCC does abondonded the application then can we apply right away given she fullfills the new residency requirements or do we have to wait until they close the file after abondoning it?
I can’t seem to find much information online for it.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I understand and that was probably our fault. We didn’t think this would be the case specially when we got the auto reply with the acknowledgment of the reciept.
I am wondering about the next step as she still can’t make it to Canada for the oath with the given time. If IRCC does abondonded the application then can we apply right away given she fullfills the new residency requirements or do we have to wait until they close the file after abondoning it?
I feel they won't abandon the application and would be sympathetic for the dental procedure your mother has to complete. Agent putting a note would surely help you get a proper answer.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
I feel they won't abandon the application and would be sympathetic for the dental procedure your mother has to complete. Agent putting a note would surely help you get a proper answer.
I hope so. Thank you

Ouluman

Feb 29, 2016
As the title states, my mother received the final notice to the Oath of citizenship.

we received the first notice in January 2024 that we promptly replied via email with the reason of her being outside of Canada with her planned date of return in May. She is also going through dental work done over seas. We provided the doctor note with her return ticket. We didn’t hear any thing after that other then auto-reply to the email and ghost update in the tracker.

fast forward to today we received an email with a final notice to appear for oath next week. First, her dental work is not completed, second even if we decide to reschedule the flight then we will have to pay thousands of dollars to fly her back in to Canada to such a short a notice.

we were under the impression that IRCC has acknowledged our first response and we are good till until her return. This was obviously not the case.

My question is that my mother is most likely not be able to come by the date of the final notice. I understand that chances are that her application is going to be classified as abondoned and we may have to start from scratch.

if abondoned, can we apply again right away on her return as long as she is eligible based in the new dates?

I am just wondering if any one has gone through this situation, and if any one has any other suggestion.
when do you have to appear for the oath ceremony according to the final notice ?

Ouluman

Feb 29, 2016
May I ask which IRCC office this is ?

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
It’s a virtual oath. We are from Edmonton

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
She missed the oath. I emailed on her behalf and submitted the webforms with as much explanation i could.
I sent in the request via MPs office as well and was told that the agent may have missed the detail about her return date etc but it’s at the agent’s discretion. All we can do is to respond via email and webform explaining the situation and hope for the best.
I also spoke to IRCC over the phone and the last agent whoni spoke with advised me to send another email/webform after the ceremony date within the 30 day timeline. She also mentioned that because it’s a finql notice so it is at the officers discretion at this point.
We did look in to booking the flight for her last minute but most of the flights were full and what ever was available was atleast 4 grand that we don’t have.
Basically there is no guarantee of anything now. The worst case scenario, IRCC will not accept the reasoning and close the application as abondoned and we will have to re-apply. I just want them to finalize it whatever they want to do so i can plan it accordingly at this point even if that means to re-apply.

Ouluman

Feb 29, 2016
She missed the oath. I emailed on her behalf and submitted the webforms with as much explanation i could.
I sent in the request via MPs office as well and was told that the agent may have missed the detail about her return date etc but it’s at the agent’s discretion. All we can do is to respond via email and webform explaining the situation and hope for the best.
I also spoke to IRCC over the phone and the last agent whoni spoke with advised me to send another email/webform after the ceremony date within the 30 day timeline. She also mentioned that because it’s a finql notice so it is at the officers discretion at this point.
We did look in to booking the flight for her last minute but most of the flights were full and what ever was available was atleast 4 grand that we don’t have.
Basically there is no guarantee of anything now. The worst case scenario, IRCC will not accept the reasoning and close the application as abondoned and we will have to re-apply. I just want them to finalize it whatever they want to do so i can plan it accordingly at this point even if that means to re-apply.
it seems to me according to your experience they put you for a rescheduled oath ceremony by a final notice if you missed the first one No matter what , it is kind of like a default ....for them.