+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Final decision date in GC Key but no portal email

anjelica_3948

Jan 16, 2024
Hi, I am in a similar situation except I am still waiting for any email from IRCC.

1. Applied for PR under CEC category on Sept 11, 2023.
2. Checked GC Key (8th Jan, 2024) and saw an update regarding the Final Decision - "5th January, 2024. Your application is in progress. We will let you know once a final decision has been made."

I called IRCC on 12th Jan) to check the status of my application & was told that all the assessements have been done and it just needs to be completed (not very sure as to what exactlty!).

But, till date I have not received any email or GC Key update. I even checked the PR tracker and it gives me the same information as the IRCC officer had.

I undestand that there is no set timeline on when IRCC sends portal email but it will be helpful if anyone in the same situation can share how long did it take for them to get an email.

Nbcube

Nov 11, 2019
Hi
Hi, I am in a similar situation except I am still waiting for any email from IRCC.

1. Applied for PR under CEC category on Sept 11, 2023.
2. Checked GC Key (8th Jan, 2024) and saw an update regarding the Final Decision - "5th January, 2024. Your application is in progress. We will let you know once a final decision has been made."

I called IRCC on 12th Jan) to check the status of my application & was told that all the assessements have been done and it just needs to be completed (not very sure as to what exactlty!).

But, till date I have not received any email or GC Key update. I even checked the PR tracker and it gives me the same information as the IRCC officer had.

I undestand that there is no set timeline on when IRCC sends portal email but it will be helpful if anyone in the same situation can share how long did it take for them to get an email.
Hi Anjelica,

Its very likely that your application has already been approved, please check your tracker if it shows updated COPR number. If that's the case then its almost certain your application is approved.

Regarding P1, as you said there are no set timelines, in my case all my section in the tracker were completed on September 26th, 2023 with COPR number visible on tracker by September 29th, 2023. but it took another 3 months for me to receive my Portal Mail 1 ie on 22nd December, 2023. I got my Portal mail 2 on January 9th, 2024 and eCOPR on January 12th, 2024.

Having said that i have seen many cases where the applicant got their P1 with in a week after getting all the sections in tracker completed, so the timeline is all over the place and no one would have a concise answer of the IRCC timelines.

Hope this helps and hope you receive your portal mail 1 and eCOPR soon.

anjelica_3948

Jan 16, 2024
Hi

Hi Anjelica,

Its very likely that your application has already been approved, please check your tracker if it shows updated COPR number. If that's the case then its almost certain your application is approved.

Regarding P1, as you said there are no set timelines, in my case all my section in the tracker were completed on September 26th, 2023 with COPR number visible on tracker by September 29th, 2023. but it took another 3 months for me to receive my Portal Mail 1 ie on 22nd December, 2023. I got my Portal mail 2 on January 9th, 2024 and eCOPR on January 12th, 2024.

Having said that i have seen many cases where the applicant got their P1 with in a week after getting all the sections in tracker completed, so the timeline is all over the place and no one would have a concise answer of the IRCC timelines.

Hope this helps and hope you receive your portal mail 1 and eCOPR soon.
Hello!

Thank you for sharing your timeline.

I checked the PR application tracker and saw the COPR number (expiry date - 02 Jan 2025).

I read somewhere that they might be sending out emails basis the expiry date of COPR but no one really knows.
I had plans to travel outside Canada in March so wanted to get my card before that but seems like it might take some time.

Thanks again for your reply and congratulations! :)

Nbcube

Nov 11, 2019
Hello!

Thank you for sharing your timeline.

I checked the PR application tracker and saw the COPR number (expiry date - 02 Jan 2025).

I read somewhere that they might be sending out emails basis the expiry date of COPR but no one really knows.
I had plans to travel outside Canada in March so wanted to get my card before that but seems like it might take some time.

Thanks again for your reply and congratulations! :)
Yes, it was the case at a time when we were getting the P1 based on the expiry dates, but lately the IRCC is sending out P1/eCOPR as soon as possible, possibility clearing out the backlogs. One of my friend with expiry date one month after me received his P1 and eCOPR exactly 1 day after me.

Mahir009

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
August 2023 AOR PNP EE
Got Portal 1 email but COPR number not visible on tracker. Has anyone faced the same issue?
TIA

0KohopW427

Apr 18, 2024
August 2023 AOR PNP EE
Got Portal 1 email but COPR number not visible on tracker. Has anyone faced the same issue?
TIA
When you received P1? What's your PVO & SVO? Is it possible tracker is down so no recent update like COPR number & expired date?