+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filling travel history after getting ITA

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Under travel history do we need to mention trips made between country of origin and country of residence ( my country of origin is India and country of residence is Singapore)?
not necessary. you can show but its not mandatory

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Following is my question

1- I stayed in Canada for 4 years. In the first 2 years I did my Masters and after that I worked and than after 4 years I moved to US for my PhD. Now I am applying for PR card and I have got ITA. During my stay in Canada I visited US multiple times through the land border. Now when filling the travel history form should I use Canada as country of origin and just mention entry and exit to US or should I mention entry and exit for both US and Canada.
For example, if I left Canada for US on July 13,2011 and came back on July 18,2011 then should it have two entries one for Canada entry and exit and other for US entry and exit ?
if you fill the travel history form post ITA you will figure it out.. it should be

if you were residing in canada
exited canada 1st jan 2011 . entered US 2nd jan 2011
exited US 11th jan 2011. entered canada 12th jan 2011

make sure you DO NOT miss even a single day in between

good luck

Reactions: Funkdakarma

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question : Imagine I submit my express entry application today with all my past travel history and submit it. But, I have an upcoming trip next month to another country (while the application is being processed). Will this be a problem? Is it required to inform cic about my upcoming trips when the application is in process?
no need to inform IRCC about future travels, once you get AOR - thats pretty much it

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Just a question-how spot-on accurate does the travel history need to be, in terms of dates?

I have a very extensive travel history, and the passport with most of the travel history (which is my previous one, as I just got a renewed one) is like a cluttered mosaic of stamps; immigration officers used to flip through page after page to find a spare space to place my entry stamp! So basically, it may even be difficult for me to read all the entry and exit stamps.

Secondly, does the travel history format have a pre-specified template in the e-APR, or does one create their own document with this history?

Thanks!
well i have 3 passports, and most of time i even used electronic gate so didnt stamp my passport. Only way for me was to check each and every ticket i booked and based on that make entries - i suggest you do the same... also try to make it as accurate as possible and mention in LoE that you have done everything possible to ensure it is accurate to the best of your abilities.

travel history format there are proper columns mentioned - you cant go wrong there :)

good luck

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The question for that section is pretty clear - it says list all travel outside country of origin OR residence in the last 10 years - which means you do not need to include those trips between the 2. Question though is if your country of residence keeps changing during the 10 year period, then can you exclude between country of origin and all of them based on time period or only the latest country of residence.

The other challenge is the CIC tool does not allow more than 30 trip entries - rest would need to go into LOE especially if one had many trips between country of origin and residence.
Yes, thats why you need to add the additional travel details in your LOE. I did the same. The question states country of origin OR residence. So being on the safe side, its best to list all travel history.
No need to mention travel history between country of residence and country of origin. This has been cleared 100s of times on the forum.

If your country of origin keeps changing, mention on the LoE what date it changed and put that entry also on the travel history form.

Good luck

markclaramo

Jul 18, 2017
Greetings,

I recently traveled to Canada for 3 weeks in 3 provinces.
Do I need to include each provinces travel history event if I don't have stamp in my passport?
In addition, since Canada doesn't stamp your passport when exiting, Do I put the date i depart from Canada or the date I arrived in my home country?

Hope anyone can help me.

Thanks!

ggirl

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
I am filling my PR application and in my personal history, I noticed I made an error in the dates I filled in my Schedule A form when I applied for sinp, Does your nominated province share all forms submitted at the time of the PNP application with CIC

I am actually worried about this as I do not want it affecting my application on ground of misrepresentation.

Your advice will be highly appreciated

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
well i have 3 passports, and most of time i even used electronic gate so didnt stamp my passport. Only way for me was to check each and every ticket i booked and based on that make entries - i suggest you do the same... also try to make it as accurate as possible and mention in LoE that you have done everything possible to ensure it is accurate to the best of your abilities.

travel history format there are proper columns mentioned - you cant go wrong there :)

good luck
Thank you! Yes, I painstakingly went through my old passport which listed my travel history for the relevant time frame, working side by side with an Excel sheet to ensure that zero gaps were present. As my full travel history could not be captured in the e-APR, I included the rest of it in my LOE, in the same format (From/To/Where/Reason).

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you! Yes, I painstakingly went through my old passport which listed my travel history for the relevant time frame, working side by side with an Excel sheet to ensure that zero gaps were present. As my full travel history could not be captured in the e-APR, I included the rest of it in my LOE, in the same format (From/To/Where/Reason).
good... thats what i would have suggested also

good luck

kalai123

Jun 20, 2017
Do we need to provide more than 10 years information for background check? (employment an travel history)

dreamcan1622

Aug 11, 2017
Do we need to mention the travel history of family(mother,father,siblings) who are not there in application form or just of myself and spouse who are mentioned in application?
Thanks in advance

rookieA

Jul 31, 2017
Hi Seniors ,

Need help - Do I need to submit any proof for my travel histroy or just the passport's first and last pages are good enough.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hi Seniors ,

Need help - Do I need to submit any proof for my travel histroy or just the passport's first and last pages are good enough.
No you are not required to provide proof. You can if you feel it's necessary.
I personally did because I renewed my passport and majority of my travel history was recorded on my old passport. I attached a copy of that to my LOE

Reactions: rookieA