+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filling the Student Permit Application Form IMM1294

AhsanMir

Aug 2, 2012
God willing, I'll submit my application for a student permit to CHC-Islamabad tomorrow. I however have one question. On the form, under Details of Intended Study in Canada Section, it asks for the cost of my studies - tuition, room and board and others and also of the funds available for my stay. I'm not sure what to fill in them. I'm admitted to uOttawa's M.Eng. program and my tuition fee for one semester is almost 5,600 CAD.

Also, I've seen on this forum that we have to show funds for one year tuition + 10000CAD + 3000CAD. Who came up with this formula? Is it something official? And when filling the Available Funds section, do I write this amount or the whole two years amount?

My letter of admission from Ottawa says that average costs are 37000CAD per year and that the program is 2 years. This includes everything.

Please help urgently. I need to get done with this today!

Thanks!

alwaysoptimistic

Jun 8, 2012
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2013
File Transfer...
04-03-2013
Med's Request
AhsanMir said:
God willing, I'll submit my application for a student permit to CHC-Islamabad tomorrow. I however have one question. On the form, under Details of Intended Study in Canada Section, it asks for the cost of my studies - tuition, room and board and others and also of the funds available for my stay. I'm not sure what to fill in them. I'm admitted to uOttawa's M.Eng. program and my tuition fee for one semester is almost 5,600 CAD.

Also, I've seen on this forum that we have to show funds for one year tuition + 10000CAD + 3000CAD. Who came up with this formula? Is it something official? And when filling the Available Funds section, do I write this amount or the whole two years amount?

My letter of admission from Ottawa says that average costs are 37000CAD per year and that the program is 2 years. This includes everything.

Thanks!
if 37000 figure includes your tuition fee as well then divide it by 2 and so mention the first year expenses only. Work on it according to your LOA.
37000/2=18500. so tution fee is 5600+10000+3000
For funds available : write all the money that is available in your bank account

mr.expensive

Aug 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AhsanMir said:

Thanks!
In IMM1294 you're required to put the cost of studies as I read it. It doesn't say for how many years so I am not sure why someone would put one years tuition only. If your offer letter say your tuition is $37K a year you add around $10K as your living expense per year. So it should be roughly about $47K a year. This number sounds pretty high to be honest. Are you sure $37K is just one year's tuition?

Dav1d0

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
37K represent the overall cost of tuition and living expense for a year. i also got admitted to same university and got an LOA which states thesame.

VPS123

May 10, 2012
Trivandrum, Kerala
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per ottawa offer letter

"You must be prepared to spend approximately $37,000 per year(tuition, books,supplies, lodging, food health insurance, bus transportation, etc)".

Pls check this site.....Here you will find 1st year tuition fee: http://www.registrar.uottawa.ca/Default.aspx?tabid=4213#Engineering ....

Summer is holiday for students that means only 2 terms fall and winter......

For fall its 6314.77, winter its 5855.37 and insurance cover per person is 684CAD...

That means one year fee is around 6314.77+5855.37+684=12854.54

Living and travel around 10000+3000=13000 that means one year total expense equal to 13000+12854.54=25,854.54CAD is it.....

then why they mentioned 37kCAD for one year.....me also have same doubt....if we file visa based on 25kCAD what will visa officer think regarding this 37kCAD statement......pls clarify some one.....

Dav1d0

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well,

In my personal opinion, the stated amount in the LOA remains the best bet to plan against. As in, you should endeavor to support your application with an amount equal or above the stated $37k.

Regards

VPS123

May 10, 2012
Trivandrum, Kerala
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dav1d0 said:
Well,

In my personal opinion, the stated amount in the LOA remains the best bet to plan against. As in, you should endeavor to support your application with an amount equal or above the stated $37k.

Regards
As per visa check list in India one want show first year tuition fee(already paid)+10000 CAD for visa purpose.....
based on Uottawa for engineering program Winter tuition fee is 6500 and Fall tuition fee is around 7800 CAD
that means 1 st year tuition fee 6500+7800=14,300CAD(you need to pay this in advance) and take loan against 10000CAD....

billad

Jul 26, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2012
normally, universities or colleges gives you the estimate for 1 year that's why you enter 1 year.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5269ETOC.asp

As per CIC website, there are no restrictions on this or neither any detailed information given to debate on this. So, I would recommend to go as per your LOA or fee invoice they have generated. Plus living cost is also provided on most of the universities or college websites. get that from there and add that cost.

IM me with your email and I can share Sheridan document for living expenses. more or less that remains same because I found it as an average cost.

VPS123

May 10, 2012
Trivandrum, Kerala
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
billad said:
normally, universities or colleges gives you the estimate for 1 year that's why you enter 1 year.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5269ETOC.asp

As per CIC website, there are no restrictions on this or neither any detailed information given to debate on this. So, I would recommend to go as per your LOA or fee invoice they have generated. Plus living cost is also provided on most of the universities or college websites. get that from there and add that cost.

IM me with your email and I can share Sheridan document for living expenses. more or less that remains same because I found it as an average cost.
billad kindly go through this link, I think you know new rules tht are implemented in India......In Indian visa check list, financial section they mentioned proof of finance as paid slip of 1st year tuition fees and laon for 10000CAD...
1st year tuition fee: http://www.registrar.uottawa.ca/Default.aspx?tabid=4213#Engineering
if these all are correct then why we want to go behind offer letter fees......

billad

Jul 26, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2012
VPS123 said:
As per ottawa offer letter

"You must be prepared to spend approximately $37,000 per year(tuition, books,supplies, lodging, food health insurance, bus transportation, etc)".

Pls check this site.....Here you will find 1st year tuition fee: http://www.registrar.uottawa.ca/Default.aspx?tabid=4213#Engineering ....

Summer is holiday for students that means only 2 terms fall and winter......

For fall its 6314.77, winter its 5855.37 and insurance cover per person is 684CAD...

That means one year fee is around 6314.77+5855.37+684=12854.54

Living and travel around 10000+3000=13000 that means one year total expense equal to 13000+12854.54=25,854.54CAD is it.....

then why they mentioned 37kCAD for one year.....me also have same doubt....if we file visa based on 25kCAD what will visa officer think regarding this 37kCAD statement......pls clarify some one.....
that's a genuine issue and should be addressed with the University authorities. Because, VO will be accessing you against your offer letter. Or, you have to include all these numbers in a letter with the printouts and url's of these pages, and convince VO that 25K is enough for one year. For a stronger case, you have to go with the offer letter but with a convincing cover letter explaining all the facts and numbers, I see no issue going with 25K as well. But I would say make it atleast 30k to be on the safe side.