AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS - 3-MARCH-2012
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
As regards the study permit, imm1294 question 10, the cost of my studies would be?

1.Should the tuition, room and board pension, and other be for the total period of study or for the first year alone
2. what is mearnt by the room and board pension
3. can a fixed deposit account be used as a proof of funds?
4. should by funds available for my stay in canada be the same with my proof of fund or can it be a lower?
5. should my funds available for my stay in canada be higher than the sum of the tuition, room and board pension, and other
6. what about in a situation where by i would be residing with a family member who would foot feeding and accomodation bills?

really need clarification on this

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Awoderu A.A

your answers

1. In the block which says tuition you must mention the tuition costs for the entire period of studies.

2. Room and board means The Housing and Food Services or accomadation. Again that has to be written for entire duration of studies.

3.NO

4. As long as the funds meet the OP 12 one year living and tuition it does not matter

5. Your funds should meet the one year OP 12 guidelines that is one year tuition and living plus airfare,yes they can be higher also , it does not matter , but the funds have to be maintained.

6. it would be better if u show funds of fur own for accommodation

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
If properties can be used to show proof of funds why can't a fixed deposit account which i built for this particular purpose be used. I will submitting 2 accounts a current account and the fixed deposit would have used the current account alone but the funds there would not.

I mailed the Visa office recently and was told that tuition, room and board pension and other should be for the first year alone

Reactions: Jay_12rj

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi, Awoderu A.A

Can you post that E-mail on this topic, that would be a big help. Actually this morning I was searching for the same thing , in the study guide to Canada it says to mention cost for total tuition and accommodation. That's why I said that.

if you have liquid funds in your current account for one year tuition and living that would work. Not sure about FD's but they would definitely help in the case of used future funding.

manpreetgr8

Feb 15, 2009
Can any one please clarify and confirm if Fixed Deposits can be shown as proof of funds? I have got Fixed Deposits in my and my parents name. Can I shown both as a proof of funds?

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys,

Just read the Financial sufficiency criteria in the OP12 guidelines it will clear your doubts on page no 38 section 7.7 http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/resources/manuals/op/op12-eng.pdf

students must have liquid money in bank to cover at least 1st year of tuition and living

Reactions: Amir roomi

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey Awoderu A.A

Please check this link http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:eek:JngjHMaxDQJ:www.southernskies.ca/PDF/guide.pdf+what+are+the+tuition+fees+to+be+stated+in+the+IMM+1294+form+%3F&hl=en&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESjEnrpKQoEPYOABRajKvM6PxtgLSK9vB2n2t9DUGv0Hc1a0aLpNThl02jem4VJY0pMkDcxRuc-MxVFW6VbIoNbdSdP4fBUL6vvE3dyGE9jTiYs0i8k3LMWdIiJw17ohhfh_zLuH&sig=AHIEtbQzLsGcOxvM9okPNcBAq_IxIt6XdQ

this is the guide that I was checking in the morning when I wanted to know the same regarding tuition fees , check page no 11 " HOW TO COMPLETE YOU APPLICATION" point 10.

There it is stated to provide total cost of education and living expenses in Canada ,

This guide explains how to fill each block in the study permit in detail.

Also Awoderu A.A, if u can post that mail here or message me I would highly appreciate that.

:)

americanadian

Mar 3, 2011
I was wondering, if my parents are paying for my education, and the bank statements that are sent with my application are theirs, do I need anything from them confirming that they will be paying my tuition? Can the pay or do the fees need to be in a bank account in my name? Thank you

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
Americanadian, if your parents would be sponsoring then they would need to draft a sponsorship letter indicating you are their son, no of dependent, proffession and source of income. Since they would be sponsoring, the bank account has to be in their name. Obied, i am replying via my cell. I will post the mail as soon as my i am with my pc.

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
Should also indicate they would be sponsoring you through out your period of studies and their contact info

Toluwanile

Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
23 Feb 2010
File Transfer...
20 March 2010
Med's Request
21 Mar 2012
Med's Done....
26 April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 July 2012
LANDED..........
sept 2012
Awoderu A.A said:
As regards the study permit, imm1294 question 10, the cost of my studies would be?

1.Should the tuition, room and board pension, and other be for the total period of study or for the first year alone
4. should by funds available for my stay in canada be the same with my proof of fund or can it be a lower?
5. should my funds available for my stay in canada be higher than the sum of the tuition, room and board pension, and other
6. what about in a situation where by i would be residing with a family member who would foot feeding and accomodation bills?

Hello pa Awoderu,
pls my sister's daughter is interested in studying in canada. Can you pls put us thru how your son got his admission?n His he going on a scholarship or something. Pls let us know.
How far about accra. It's a pity you were not at the last Naija meeting. Pls plan towards the next one.
Tolu

v123

Jun 1, 2017
Even I have a doubt in 1294E form. I have paid the tuition fee for one term of 9500 CAD and have applied for GIC. What should I write for Funds available for my stay and for my expenses in canada will be paid by ? I do not wish to show a sponsor.

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
Even I have a doubt in 1294E form. I have paid the tuition fee for one term of 9500 CAD and have applied for GIC. What should I write for Funds available for my stay and for my expenses in canada will be paid by ? I do not wish to show a sponsor.
You replied to a 6 yrs old post! lol

Fund available = GIC+9500
If you show some more money (say $2000 or less) in bank account (I will highly recommend that, though not mandatory), you can add that too.

Paid by self.

Reactions: gursimransingh