+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FILLING OUT "THE IMMIGRANT'S APPLICATION"

fatmamakombe

May 19, 2008
Hey all, wading through the paperwork at the moment .. have a question. My husband (being sponsored) is now filling out his portion of the application. He is trying to be very thorough in his explanations especially for questions like "how we first met", "other information that will support our relationship" etc. His first language is not English so he has a very basic command of written English - he is trying his best. My question is: Would it be better for him to try and write it all out himself (and do we leave in all the grammatical errors etc to prove it is he himself filling in the application?), or is it better for him to express what he wants to say to me and then I write it for him. It would be too costly for us to pay for an "official translation" which is required if things are written in a language other than English or French. What have others done in this regard? Thanks.

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Hello,

I filled it all by myself! :) He read it and confirmed! You can do it via fillable forms on the computer...

I would just do it this way to make it easier for the IO... if they are comfortable reading then it will make a good experiance in your file. This is how I take it. I used to grade assignements and it used to hate to mark stuff that has grammar mistakes and poor language.. I am sorry but it takes a lot of time to reread and trying to understand what is meant. So my best shot is to fill it by the computer urself... save it and send it to him to sign it up and then he can forward them to you!

:)

Hope this help! It is all about making the IO happy! There is aprogram that saves the pdf files. Wait a second i will give it to u.

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php?gclid=COGKl6-dlpgCFRIMDQod7Cu1mQ

M

med

well i would recommend that you do them urself and send him to sign them ; its really a very hard task to go through a piece of writing with so many grammatical errors and a teacher of english and i know how furiuos one gets when correcting something like this , so to make it easy you do the job and let him sign its much more better , plus they say if u cant u can have a representative to do it for you ; thats why they mentioned the representative so that they avoide going through these things , best of luck
med