+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filling my PRTD

James John

Jul 18, 2014
Hello,
So first let me explain my case:
In june 2008 i took the Canadian PR with all my family but we only stayed for 16 days and never came back and i was compelled to leave with my parents. Now I'm 17 and i want to apply to university in canada and continue my life there.
So i have a few questions that need to be answered about my TD
In document checklist:
in number 4, what do they mean by this document checklist?
In number 7, should only one bullet point be present or all of these bullet points be present, if so what is revenue Canada Notice of assessments forms?
In the Travel document:
In my old passport and my expired PR my name was written as jams instead of james and now on my new passport its james, should i write in my PR james or jams?
And in given name its only my first name?

In question 8(Date and place you became A permanent resident of Canada): is it the date i landed in canada or the date my PR was issued?
And in the place i went to toronto so can someone tell me whats the city and whats the province?

For question 11 (When do you intend to return to canada): I don't know the exact date yet, so what should i do or write?
For question 12(permanent address in canada): Since I'm applying to several colleges i can't know my address until i get acceptance, So what should i write in address?
For question 14: All i did was study in the same school, but my main question is for the to date, what should i write in the day like what day exactly, the day ill apply the TD? because when i apply it ill still be in school
In 15: I spent 0 days in canada in the past 5 years, so should i just leave it blank or write N/A?
in question 16: My dad took the PR with me and it expired, so should i write my dad in this question or just tick no.
Plus when i apply for the TD i still won't have my university acceptance and so i can't send my uni acceptance papers with the TD, so is it okay?
And when i apply for it ill be under 18 is that also okay?
And do you think the odds of getting a TD acceptance high?

Thank you so much and I'm very sorry for all my questions, I'm just very worried ill do a mistake and not get the TD

MartinT

Star Member
Jan 26, 2015
Montreal
IELTS Request
N/A
James John said:
Hello,
In june 2008 i took the Canadian PR with all my family but we only stayed for 16 days and never came back and i was compelled to leave with my parents. Now I'm 17 and i want to apply to university in canada and continue my life there.
In document checklist:
In number 7, should only one bullet point be present or all of these bullet points be present, if so what is revenue Canada Notice of assessments forms?
In the Travel document:
In my old passport and my expired PR my name was written as jams instead of james and now on my new passport its james, should i write in my PR james or jams?
In question 8(Date and place you became A permanent resident of Canada): is it the date i landed in canada or the date my PR was issued?
And in the place i went to toronto so can someone tell me whats the city and whats the province?
For question 11 (When do you intend to return to canada): I don't know the exact date yet, so what should i do or write?
For question 12(permanent address in canada): Since I'm applying to several colleges i can't know my address until i get acceptance
For question 14: All i did was study in the same school, but my main question is for the to date, what should i write in the day like what day exactly, the day ill apply the TD? because when i apply it ill still be in school
In 15: I spent 0 days in canada in the past 5 years, so should i just leave it blank or write N/A?
in question 16: My dad took the PR with me and it expired, so should i write my dad in this question or just tick no.
Plus when i apply for the TD i still won't have my university acceptance and so i can't send my uni acceptance papers with the TD, so is it okay?
Thank you so much and I'm very sorry for all my questions, I'm just very worried ill do a mistake and not get the TD
You were not able to meet the residency requirements (which 730 days out of 5 years). So having said that, it most likely that your PRTD will not be approved because upon submission of your application for PRTD, CIC will conduct an inquiry if you meet the residency requirements which apparently you did not.

James John

Jul 18, 2014
Ive been removed as a minor... Can be used in the H and C grounds... Ik some people who had the exact same case as mine and got there TD back :)

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you want help with specific questions, you need to quote the text that you are asking questions about.

Help people help you rather than depending commenters to look up and cross reference everything out of the goodness of their hearts.

Regarding what province Toronto is in, you should google it.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apologies are not necessary, but you do realize that you can add the necessary info to this thread (the text of the questions that you want feedback on)?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
James John said:
Hello,
In document checklist:
In the Travel document:

For question 12(permanent address in canada): Since I'm applying to several colleges i can't know my address until i get acceptance, So what should i write in address?

Responses based on my understanding of the IRPA and that I am not your legal or fee paid representative.

Checklist

4. They mean the same one page document check list that you are looking at - so you tick this to confirm you are including it.

7. Submit whatever you have as proof you were a Canadian PR - e.g Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR), PR Card etc. Notices of Assessment are documents in relation to filing taxes which don't apply to you. Don't worry too much about this bullet list just submit what you have or can get.

PRTD application (IMM 5524)

1. Instructions are clear put the name that is on your COPR. Do you have the previous passport and PR Card with you? Submit this. To avoid issues submit a birth certificate as proof of the correct name. Its best if the issuance date of the birth certificate is before you landed in Canada.

8. Landing Date. Toronto is in the Province of Ontario. Read up on the geography of Canada as it may come up at interview if visa post want to talk to you. It also helps prove your desire and intent to return.

11. Put an approximate date. Say 2 weeks before the start of your course.

12. You don't have one so N/A. Make sure you fill 12b and 12c!!

14. Your school details. The 'To' date is the PRTD application date which is the same date you write in the declaration section.

15. Zero days not N/A.

16. No. Section applies to those maintaining PR under exemptions where absences are considered as if they were presence in Canada which doesn't apply to you.

You submit proof of applying to the universities - e.g confirmation of receiving your application. A parent or legal guardian has to countersign the form if you will be under 18 on application date. Why isn't a parent helping you with this? No one can predict the chances of success but historically it was straightforward to get a PRTD when removed as a minor. I get the impression you have not read the Guide 5529 and this is presenting problems in filling the form. Read the Guide in particular where it details your response to Q18 as this is the most important part of the application for you.

Note that while the forum tries to respond and help cases such as yours are very dependent on your situation. The presentation of your H&C grounds would require detailed preparation, submission of documentation and a detailed explanation of why you should get a pass on the RO breach. Typically this require a substantial input of time and other resources which is beyond the scope of the forum. You may wish to search for others who have been in your situation on the forum (use search function with say removed as minor) and contact them via message. They may share the format/ content of their statements that lead to successful PRTD issuance. Its the quality of the statement that is important so don't rush it.

Good luck

James John

Jul 18, 2014
Can i go to Canada almost 3-4 months before my university starts? Plus where is the part about geography in Canada? And do you know anyone that can help me fill the H & C grounds part? And can you clear the name part more again? And for the permanent address i write in the cover letter that i still didn't decide which university ill go to?
Thank you so much

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
James John said:
Can i go to Canada almost 3-4 months before my university starts?
Yes

James John said:
Plus where is the part about geography in Canada?
I am saying learn about the places you intend to live in Canada as a separate task of personal self development and to be able to discuss this if the visa post calls you for an interview.

James John said:
And do you know anyone that can help me fill the H & C grounds part?
It would be helpful if your parents did this. Other than that you could look for a Canadian lawyer or an immigration consultant to help but they won't be cheap and anyway they will just ask you the same things you can write about yourself. I already suggested you message others on the forum that have gone through this process.

James John said:
And can you clear the name part more again?
As per the form and guide the name that is on the COPR

James John said:
And for the permanent address i write in the cover letter that i still didn't decide which university ill go to?
Yes you can do that