+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filled the wrong form and validated it

sanjanarudrakshi

Jun 13, 2020
Hello everyone . I am in Canada on a temporary work permit . My daughter is in secondary school and she is 17 I have to apply for her extension so
1) should I apply for her as a visitor which is form IMM5708 or a student which will be form IMM5709
2) I have filled and validated a wrong form how does that affect the new form . Though I did not upload that.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You can only extend a permit that you are currently on so depends what she is on. If/when going to college she will need a study permit, so I would say its best to apply for a study permit.

You can validate as many forms as you want, that info is not saved by IRCC it only matters what you upload.

sanjanarudrakshi

Jun 13, 2020
You can only extend a permit that you are currently on so depends what she is on. If/when going to college she will need a study permit, so I would say its best to apply for a study permit.

You can validate as many forms as you want, that info is not saved by IRCC it only matters what you upload.
Sorry another question please
1) my daughter is in high school and she has a visitor record . So does that mean I should apply for a visitor extension

Tese@24

Jan 10, 2021
Hello, I am applying for an extension. Please what form (IMM5708 or form IMM5709) did you eventually fill out for your daughter's application as I have the same situation for my child who has a visitor record. Thank you @sanjanarudrakshi