File Transfer...
27-04-2010
Med's Request
05-10-2010 (02-09-2010 in process)
Med's Done....
21-10-2010
Passport Req..
22-11-2010
thanks mimi for sharing your experience n opinion. 2 lang kami ni misis.

mimi0713

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
AOR Received.
11-03-2010
Med's Request
23-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-11-10
slax032000 said:
thanks mimi for sharing your experience n opinion. 2 lang kami ni misis.
ah ok, haf day lng yan. nabasa mo na ba PM ko? i gave some insights doon. hope it will help u decide which dmp to choose from.

slax032000

Aug 7, 2010
Zamboanga City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Doc's Request.
23-04-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
File Transfer...
27-04-2010
Med's Request
05-10-2010 (02-09-2010 in process)
Med's Done....
21-10-2010
Passport Req..
22-11-2010
mimi0713 said:
ah ok, haf day lng yan. nabasa mo na ba PM ko? i gave some insights doon. hope it will help u decide which dmp to choose from.
yup. nabasa ko na PM mo. thanks for sharing! it's very helpful. :)

imbubbles

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Nurse/CI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 28, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan. 09, 2010
AOR Received.
March 18, 2010
File Transfer...
March 13, 2010 (June 7 "In Process")
Med's Request
June 02, 2010
Med's Done....
July 02, 2010 (sent July16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 29, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
in Vancouver February 2011 (target)
maharlika -- friend, correct... huwag muna dun sa tlgang gusto natin, hehe.. dun muna sa madali, sana parehong linient and gova scotia and manitoba :) magkano pala assessment ng manitoba? less than 150 sa NS eh..

slax03200 -- thanks so much! im sure ull reach ur dream.. and i believe its gonna be sooner than u think! mabilis ang mga applicants this yr :) pa-medical na kau agad.. make sure that u drink plenty of water before the actual exam :)

kuya albert -- im sure super busy kna.. lapit na alis mo!!! :)

silverfox

Oct 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
File Transfer...
20-03-12
Med's Done....
19-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-03-12 received on 11-04-12
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-12 received on 28-04-12
LANDED..........
july 24, 2012
slax032000 said:
can anyone give some details about their medicals yung sa cebu or davao nagpamedical? gaano katagal ba yan? kelangan ba magset ng appointment? and kelangan pa maghubad pra physical? di rin kami ni misis makatagal sa travel kc we can't leave our station that long.
To slax032000 and all those who have yet to undergo the medicals:

We had our medicals at Nationwide Cebu last Aug 16th and I wanted to share our experience with you and especially to those who intend to have it done in Cebu.

About a week prior to our desired schedule, I called up Nationwide and inquired about their procedure/requirements. I was told to bring along the following:
1- the letter from the embassy re: medical request
2- medical report form - Section A (the "green" form)
3- 5 pcs passport-sized pictures (taken either in white or blue background and the image must neither be too near nor too far)
4- payment of P4,100 each for 15 yr old and, and P2,100 for those below 15 yrs, inclusive of the P100 courier fee each. (Actually in about 2 weeks time from our ME sked, my son will be turning 15 but he was still counted as under 15y.o. In short, they don't round off the ages) ;)
5- original passports (myself and family members)
6- photocopies of our passports

In addition, we were instructed to drink lots of water; to avoid soda, coffee and sweets 2-3 days prior to the medicals sked. And lastly, that we have to be at Nationwide at around 8am. By the way, they are located at Rom 302, Jose Borromeo Bldg., at the back of Cebu Doctor's Hospital in Fuente Osmena, in front of the hospital's emergency room.

So we went there at around 7:45 am of Aug 16th, wrote our names on the piece of paper posted outside the door. This would be the basis of their priority list that would be called out accordingly.

At about past 8am, the secretary started calling us, and we were given forms (about 6 or 7 pages per set) to fill-up for each one of us and she also instructed us on how to fill it out. Since my son is below 18, i have to sign for him in all the forms. Then about 30 minutes after turning in the filled-up forms, the secretary called us out again in batches of 5, this time for the weight and height measurements, and the eye exam. Then we waited for our turn to be called for the physical exam.

Upon entering the cubicle of the doctor, she asked for my passport, the original. Then she confirmed identification by asking my date of birth. Then she asked me some questions...have i been hospitalized, and for what reasons, if i have hypertension, diabetes, renal problems, etc, and of course, I answered no. Then she took my BP, after which she asked me to change to a hospital gown without my blouse and bra. I asked her if i will remove my pants, but she told me it's no longer necessary. She auscultated my back and chest while doing deep breathing. She told me to lie down, palpated my abdomen while asking me if there's pain, then she palpated my breast and also asked me if i feel any pain there. After that she asked me to sit down and percussed my lower back and asked if there's also pain. After that, she asked me if i have hemorrhoids, and of course, i said no.
Then my husband was called next, and the same was done to him. There was no rectal exam, as we have expected. In fact, the doctor failed to notice the scar of my husband's operation. He had varicocelectomy 4 years ago. Had he not declared it in the forms that he filled out, and if he did not inform the doctor about it during the PE, it would easily go unnoticed.:) Then it was our son's turn, but I was asked to be with him during the PE since he was below 18. He was also asked of his birthday after he hand in his passport. However, he had no BP taking. Instead, he was asked to read a short article, and was asked about what he read after. This might be to determine his developmental stage. Then he was also made to lie down for auscultation, palpation and percussion, but he was no longer asked to change to a hospital gown.
So that was how our PE went. Since it was almost lunch time, we were given instructions to proceed after lunch to Biopath Lab near CAP bldg at Jones, for all the laboratories.

At Biopath, we had our urinalysis, blood extraction (i believe it was for HIV & syphillis) and finally the chest x-ray. We were made to wait after the x-rays were taken, perhaps to ensure that they got a good shot before allowing us to go.

Nationwide Clinic also told us to wait for their go signal before leaving Cebu, as there might have some tests that need to be repeated. Like in my case, I had to have a repeat of my urinalysis.

So that was how our medicals went. I hope this sheds some light on the questions you might have in your mind, just like what i had in mine, too.

Goodluck on your medicals!

jaggy

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
hello po sa lahat!

congratulations sa mga nagka Visa and Medical request.

hopefully we will have smooth process too.

God bless everyone!

lola_basyang

Jan 17, 2010
@kyle - its really sad to know that you got denied.. pero bilib ako sa fighting spirit mo... maybe at that time wala ng questions. at least you know the process na...

para sa lahat, i just came across someone from vacouver na bumalik dito sa pinas, she went to manila to have a talk then came here sa cebu... well its like this, she's into business, she's actually an NCLEX and CRNE passer na. and so she went back here para mag talk regarding sa business nya.

its a 1-year subscription sa SEC, NCLEX, CRNE online review... sabi nya more or les 5000 pesos lang gagastuhin... she said, she made this kind of business para pag punta sa canada, hindi na gagasto ng review center tapos transpo and everything... its totally a good idea tapos online na...

i still don't know much details pero il post lang the website. i would have to ask her...

mag tulong-tulongan tayu lahat... im currently waiting na rin sa PPR namin ng CLP ko. nakaka inis nga mag hintay. hahaha pero sige nalang patience lang parin.. based sa nakita ko andami naman plano mag vancouver...

id like to share this from a colleague of mine who went to ontario last august.
she told me that its been a month that she's been there and she said her experience there is not that good... sa CNO. her friend na rin nag papa assess sincec APRIL pa and wala pa feedback until now.. so meaning wala pa talaga silang na gawa dun... it kinda scares me in someways kasi we were planning sana sa ontario. but if thats the case, we are considering vancouver nalang rin...

imtrulyrich

Aug 20, 2010
mimi0713 said:
hi!

i sent u a personal message :D check it out! God Bless!

by the way, depende din kng ilan kayo sa family. 2 lng kami ni hubby so haf day lng natapos na.

hi mimi and slax32000,

good evening, baka naman pwede ring pa share ng experience, insights ninyo sa nationwide sa makati. At yung mga advices po. Para makapaghanda rin tulad po ninyo. Konti na lang tao naiwan dito, marami nang nag raduate na seniors.:) sila abilex, albert_alo, imbubbbles atbp. Ganun pa man, lets keep our faith also.na darating din ang mga hinihintay natin.
Salamar sa inyong dalawa in advance sa pag share po.

to Pachochay, lets keep our faith and trust Him. My wife had the same case as yours, but wala tayong dapat ikatakot, especially if its healed.And lagi mo lang alagaan ang sarili mo, para di bumaba ang resistensya. Naku lagi ko rin sinasabi yan sa misis ko. Exercise, diet, at wag mag pa stress. So sana you adhere din to healthy lifestyle, dahil yun lang ang proteksyon natin para di maulit yun. lets keep in touch.

to imbubbles, ehem! lagi kang nag papalpitate sa saya?ehheheheh. ingat lang friend ah, ehheheh. Naku sobrang excitement syempre di maiiwasan. ;D At salamat din sa lagi mong pag silip sa aming mga undergraduate ng application.hehehe.

imtrulyrich

Aug 20, 2010
silverfox said:
To slax032000 and all those who have yet to undergo the medicals:

We had our medicals at Nationwide Cebu last Aug 16th and I wanted to share our experience with you and especially to those who intend to have it done in Cebu.

About a week prior to our desired schedule, I called up Nationwide and inquired about their procedure/requirements. I was told to bring along the following:
1- the letter from the embassy re: medical request
2- medical report form - Section A (the "green" form)
3- 5 pcs passport-sized pictures (taken either in white or blue background and the image must neither be too near nor too far)
4- payment of P4,100 each for 15 yr old and, and P2,100 for those below 15 yrs, inclusive of the P100 courier fee each. (Actually in about 2 weeks time from our ME sked, my son will be turning 15 but he was still counted as under 15y.o. In short, they don't round off the ages) ;)
5- original passports (myself and family members)
6- photocopies of our passports

In addition, we were instructed to drink lots of water; to avoid soda, coffee and sweets 2-3 days prior to the medicals sked. And lastly, that we have to be at Nationwide at around 8am. By the way, they are located at Rom 302, Jose Borromeo Bldg., at the back of Cebu Doctor's Hospital in Fuente Osmena, in front of the hospital's emergency room.

So we went there at around 7:45 am of Aug 16th, wrote our names on the piece of paper posted outside the door. This would be the basis of their priority list that would be called out accordingly.

At about past 8am, the secretary started calling us, and we were given forms (about 6 or 7 pages per set) to fill-up for each one of us and she also instructed us on how to fill it out. Since my son is below 18, i have to sign for him in all the forms. Then about 30 minutes after turning in the filled-up forms, the secretary called us out again in batches of 5, this time for the weight and height measurements, and the eye exam. Then we waited for our turn to be called for the physical exam.

Upon entering the cubicle of the doctor, she asked for my passport, the original. Then she confirmed identification by asking my date of birth. Then she asked me some questions...have i been hospitalized, and for what reasons, if i have hypertension, diabetes, renal problems, etc, and of course, I answered no. Then she took my BP, after which she asked me to change to a hospital gown without my blouse and bra. I asked her if i will remove my pants, but she told me it's no longer necessary. She auscultated my back and chest while doing deep breathing. She told me to lie down, palpated my abdomen while asking me if there's pain, then she palpated my breast and also asked me if i feel any pain there. After that she asked me to sit down and percussed my lower back and asked if there's also pain. After that, she asked me if i have hemorrhoids, and of course, i said no.
Then my husband was called next, and the same was done to him. There was no rectal exam, as we have expected. In fact, the doctor failed to notice the scar of my husband's operation. He had varicocelectomy 4 years ago. Had he not declared it in the forms that he filled out, and if he did not inform the doctor about it during the PE, it would easily go unnoticed.:) Then it was our son's turn, but I was asked to be with him during the PE since he was below 18. He was also asked of his birthday after he hand in his passport. However, he had no BP taking. Instead, he was asked to read a short article, and was asked about what he read after. This might be to determine his developmental stage. Then he was also made to lie down for auscultation, palpation and percussion, but he was no longer asked to change to a hospital gown.
So that was how our PE went. Since it was almost lunch time, we were given instructions to proceed after lunch to Biopath Lab near CAP bldg at Jones, for all the laboratories.

At Biopath, we had our urinalysis, blood extraction (i believe it was for HIV & syphillis) and finally the chest x-ray. We were made to wait after the x-rays were taken, perhaps to ensure that they got a good shot before allowing us to go.

Nationwide Clinic also told us to wait for their go signal before leaving Cebu, as there might have some tests that need to be repeated. Like in my case, I had to have a repeat of my urinalysis.

So that was how our medicals went. I hope this sheds some light on the questions you might have in your mind, just like what i had in mine, too.

Goodluck on your medicals!

SIlverfox,

salamat sa idea ah. Naku graduate ka na rin pala nuh? congrats ulit.:) heheheh. Okey lang ba sa cebu kami magpamedical kahit manila kami ?

albert_alo

Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 11,2005
AOR Received.
18-2-2010
Med's Request
may 17
Med's Done....
June 7
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
aug 3
VISA ISSUED...
soon.. DM-Sept 21 Received Visa- Sept 28
LANDED..........
Nov 12, 2010
imbubbles said:
maharlika -- friend, correct... huwag muna dun sa tlgang gusto natin, hehe.. dun muna sa madali, sana parehong linient and gova scotia and manitoba :) magkano pala assessment ng manitoba? less than 150 sa NS eh..

slax03200 -- thanks so much! im sure ull reach ur dream.. and i believe its gonna be sooner than u think! mabilis ang mga applicants this yr :) pa-medical na kau agad.. make sure that u drink plenty of water before the actual exam :)

kuya albert -- im sure super busy kna.. lapit na alis mo!!! :)
hi imbubbles.. yah we are super busy and stress out na.. kaka stress mag pack ng mga things to bring...halos buong bahay na ata dadalhin namin. para wala na masyadong bibilhin pagdating dun.. tipid2..hahaha. joke..eto dumaan lng me. break time kc nagtatalo na kaming mag-aswa on what to bring and what not to bring.. hahahaha :D :D :D :D :D

tuloy na kami sa nov. 12. we were able to get a ticket for only $750/ person+1620 for the travel tax.. the said rate is for cathay pacific. from manila to hongkong then hongkong to toronto..to those who are planning to get their tickets, just pm me para i will give you the name of the travel agency and their contact numbers. imagine.. from 758 to 750.. natawaran namin thru the help of our connections.. hahaha. i am sure if you are planning your trip next year then maybe mas cheaper ang rate siguro...

imtrulyrich

Aug 20, 2010
sir albert congrats sayo at iyong pamilya! God bless you po for being so generous sa aming naiwan. sa pagbibigay ng advice at sagot sa mga katanungan ng mga kasama ko dito.

sir albert, by the way, ikaw po yung may aunt na real estate broker di ba? medyo nalilito kasi ako sa inyo ni sir abilex.heheh. sir, pwede po ba makuha number niya? at nung agency?wala pa naman po kaming MR at PPR , pero umaasa po kami na darating din yun. Gaya ng hope ninyo nung kayo rin ay naghahantay. sir, thanks ng marami.

silverfox

Oct 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
File Transfer...
20-03-12
Med's Done....
19-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-03-12 received on 11-04-12
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-12 received on 28-04-12
LANDED..........
july 24, 2012
imtrulyrich,

i think ok naman siguro kahit saan basta nakalista lang doon sa attachment nila sa MR yung list ng designated medical practitioners (DMP).

imbubbles

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Nurse/CI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 28, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan. 09, 2010
AOR Received.
March 18, 2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
June 02, 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 29, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
albert_alo said:
hi imbubbles.. yah we are super busy and stress out na.. kaka stress mag pack ng mga things to bring...halos buong bahay na ata dadalhin namin. para wala na masyadong bibilhin pagdating dun.. tipid2..hahaha. joke..eto dumaan lng me. break time kc nagtatalo na kaming mag-aswa on what to bring and what not to bring.. hahahaha :D :D :D :D :D

tuloy na kami sa nov. 12. we were able to get a ticket for only $750/ person+1620 for the travel tax.. the said rate is for cathay pacific. from manila to hongkong then hongkong to toronto..to those who are planning to get their tickets, just pm me para i will give you the name of the travel agency and their contact numbers. imagine.. from 758 to 750.. natawaran namin thru the help of our connections.. hahaha. i am sure if you are planning your trip next year then maybe mas cheaper ang rate siguro...

wow that's nice kuya albert! cge we'll let you rest muna.. we know ur so stressed na. relax lang. :) in a month u're there na! landing experience don't forget!!

BTW, gusto ko sana magland sa toronto because nga i plan on visiting my aunt, kaso confused pa ako where to process my travel visa.. will i get it here or there, kung saan mas madali. bahala na.

PM niyo sakin ung agent niyo, papa-quote din ako :) what did my agent gave you pala, cathay din ba?

imbubbles

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Nurse/CI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 28, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan. 09, 2010
AOR Received.
March 18, 2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
June 02, 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 29, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Lola_basyang -- all that for 5k? pero xempre that will come after the assessment dba? mabilis ba sa vancouver? you know, things like this makes me go "waahh!" hirap magdecide for the future.. one wrong move and you can suffer for a long time. I just want to know about thr program pero i'm more likely to continue with my nova scotia registration.. :) pero im thankful to u for sharing :) :) tulungan :)_

betsy

Star Member
Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 15, 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 30, 2010
Nomination.....
none F/Docs Sent: Sep 21, 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 28, 2010
IELTS Request
done-Jun 5,2010-sent w/ F.docs
File Transfer...
July 6'10
Med's Request
Sept.13, 2011
Med's Done....
Oct.11,2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
April 4>sent April13
VISA ISSUED...
May 4,2012
LANDED..........
target date:July 2012
congrats to all who were granted with their visas, and those upcoming grantees. thanks for all the help and support you have shared with us in this forum, it's really a big help to everyone. good luck & all blessings to all of you. I'm still waiting for my medical request, for those who had their medical exams in makati, can we ask for some sharing of your experiences and requirements?