App. Filed.......
24-12-2009
Doc's Request.
25-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
File Transfer...
03-03-2010
congratulations!pag may nababasa akong successful stories here in the forum sobrang naaaliw ako hoping na sana ako nmn ang mgpost someday!god bless!tnx for the advice!

amitaf said:
thanks po sa lahat ng bumati!!! :D

we're also busy packing our things na. scheduled for pdos sa july 14. then flight is on july 29.

para akong nabunutan ng tinik nung tinawag ng consultant ko na nasa kanila na passports namin. my biggest fear kasi is baka di nila ibalik before our scheduled flight, patay!!! tapos alam na ng buong bayan na paalis na kami. hehehe. my sched na rin kasi ng despedida.

kaya super stressed out ako mga friends. so my best advice para makaiwas sa stress is this: dont make any travel plans, wag magpasched sa pdos (madali lng naman makakuha nun online), wag muna bumili ng tickets, and wag muna magsched ng despedida party (hahaha!) before mapasakamay niyo ang passports niyo. except lng kung nagmamadali talaga kayong umalis (like me). lalo na it states sa PPR na within 90 days ang pagbalik sa passports. :mad:

hay, so many sleepless nights because of these. now the waiting game is over, narealize ko walang maitutulong ang worries... ;)

to all forum mates, old and new alike, good luck and may all our dreams come true... :-* :-* :-*

God is great all the time!!! thank you Lord!!!

kikokit

Sep 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 26, 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov. 5, 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 11, 2010
Med's Request
March 16, 2010
Med's Done....
April 20, 2010
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
May 27, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2010
LANDED..........
july 12, 2010
ghing said:
Hi, I'm new in this forum and I enjoy reading all the post here.Congrats, to all who already received their visa!

Presently we are on the process of completing our full documents, my husband is the principal applicant. Hopefully, we can submit it this coming August. Sa mga ka time line ko, hope makakuha rin tayo ng visa. In God's time.
ghing, i received your private message some time ago. hindi ako makareply kasi puno na inbox mo...

kikokit

Sep 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 26, 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov. 5, 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 11, 2010
Med's Request
March 16, 2010
Med's Done....
April 20, 2010
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
May 27, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2010
LANDED..........
july 12, 2010
hailo said:
alam mo kiko lagi mo ko napapa amaze sa mga story u, napaka happy ng disposition mo but i bet and am very sure na napakadifficult ng pinagdadaanan mo.God is good talaga...kasi may nahahatak akong POSITIVE energy sa forum na to.enjoy ka sa business class...kakatuwa naman.goodluck to both of you.....God bless...
hi hailo!!!

actually, non-alcoholic beverage drinker ako... kaso sayang eh... hehehe ang haba talaga ng process jan sa condition ng misis ko...
1. ayaw magsinungaling ng bwisit na OB abt sa 1cm
2. yung eva air dito sa pinas hindi makapag decide, tinanong pa yung resident doctor nila sa taiwan, hinintay pa namin yung sagot. we got the go signal 3 days ago...
3. since short notice yung eva na ok na kami, have to rush the packing... ang hirap...
4. nag-vacate pako ng apt ko sa manila, may pumunta pang truck
5. yung perang gagastusin sa panganganak ng asawa ko..
6. yung mga bwisit na taong laging tinatanong kung ano trabaho ko dun.. lagi ko sinasagot na "we have the same question".. hahaha!
7. may isa pa pala, may ipapa sea freight ako na isang box lang, puro books, ang hirap maghanap ng forwarder... ang mahal pa..
8.yung b4 forms pa kakainis.. bibilangin pa ba talaga yun? yung briefs ko pag nagamit ko na nagmamahal ng price... hahaha... joke..

parang pagdating ko dun gusto ko muna magpahinga... hahahaha!

kiko

roch

Jul 6, 2010
To Kiko or any Seniors,

I would like to ask kung yung mga pregnant applicants ay nagpa x-ray during medicals. Any protective lead apron b n inilagay? Any alternative test instead of chest x-ray? I'm 11 weeks pregnant and gusto ko sana dun manganak kung darating agad ang visa or else it will be a delay.

Thanks!

philgreat1

Jun 19, 2010
mimi0713 said:
ur welcome.

yng 2nd copy ko ng initial forms submitted to the VO has fresh signatures but same date as the docs i submitted to the CIO. yun na din po sinubmit ko sa visa office, but i attached affidavit of some updates/changes to my situation like work employment and new passport details.
btw, yng pictures po namin has name, date of birth, date photo was taken, eye color and height at the back. bale naabutan po kasi ako ng new visa office specific instructions which have some discrepancies with the previous. medyo nalito din ako, so ang ginawa ko is to supply the information asked by both instructions. para safe.

ito po nakalagay sa previous visa office specific instructions:

Supply six (6) photos for each member of your family and yourself. Follow the instructions provided in section How to Complete the Forms of the application guide and in Appendix B: Photo Specifications. On the back of each photograph, write the name and of birth of the person who appears in the photo as well as the date the photo was taken.

ito naman po nakalagay sa application for permanent residence package (EG7).
Step Action
1 Take the Photo Specifications sheet (found in Appendix B of the Visa Office specific instructions) to a photographer.
2 Ask the photographer to provide you with the number of photos required in Appendix A of the Visa Office specific instructions for yourself and each family member.
3 On the back of one photo of each person, write the name of the person in the photo and his or her height and eye colour.
4 Enclose the photos of each person in an envelope and seal the envelope.
5 Write your name and date of birth on the outside of the envelope.
6 If the CIO advises you to submit your application to a visa office for further assessment, staple the envelope to your application form. Be careful not to staple or bend the photos. (note: mali po ako dito kasi i stapled my photo on the form; i just hope and pray it will not delay the processing :()

in the new VO instructions:

On the back of each photograph, write the name and of birth of the person who appears in the photo as well as the date the photo was taken.

good lak !

Thanks again mimi0713.
Ganun nga rin ang naiisip kong gawin fresh signatures with same date. Dont worry about your mistake sa tingin ko ang importante naman ay nakapagsubmit ka ng pictures. Medyo tricky nga kasi minsan ang mga instructions kaya minsan depende na kung paano mo maintindihan. Gaya ng step 5 ang pagkakaintindi ko naman ay name at dob ko ang ilalagay sa bawat envelope but what I did is to write the name and dob nung may ari nung picture na nasa envelope which makes sense naman di ba?
Good Luck and dont worry dadating din ang inaantay antay mo.

regards,

philgreat1

mariks

Jul 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2009
Doc's Request.
5-10-2009
AOR Received.
15-01-2010
Med's Request
15-02-2010
Med's Done....
06-03-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2010
isysy said:
darn!!! ang Cathay Pacific first time immigrants puno nah!!!
its supposedly USD 956 lang sana papuntang edmonton galing cebu. tsk tsk tsk
im taking PAL for USD 1,110
still searching for Korean Air, but tagal ng connecting, 12 hours!!! ouch!!!

EVA Air is the cheapest i found. Adult-USD 792 and child-USD 605 , Sept16 flight. Try to avoid booking with travel agencies, they are more expensive. Book online instead. I suggest dun kayo mismo sa website ng Eva Air. You can use your credit card or your debit card, and presto! your e-ticket will be issued instantly to your email box. Just print and present it during your check in. Makakapili ka din ng seat no. especially when you're travelling with your kids so that you can choose sa window side.... Nga pala, try to book as eraly as you can kasi laging fully booked ang Eva Air.

Also try with Etihad Airways (book in their official website) , mura din compared to others...

hailo

Feb 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8,2009
Doc's Request.
Dec.30,2009
File Transfer...
July 15, 2009
Med's Request
Feb,15,2010
Med's Done....
March 11,2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 17,2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 28, 2010
LANDED..........
july????
kikokit said:
hi hailo!!!

actually, non-alcoholic beverage drinker ako... kaso sayang eh... hehehe ang haba talaga ng process jan sa condition ng misis ko...
1. ayaw magsinungaling ng bwisit na OB abt sa 1cm
2. yung eva air dito sa pinas hindi makapag decide, tinanong pa yung resident doctor nila sa taiwan, hinintay pa namin yung sagot. we got the go signal 3 days ago...
3. since short notice yung eva na ok na kami, have to rush the packing... ang hirap...
4. nag-vacate pako ng apt ko sa manila, may pumunta pang truck
5. yung perang gagastusin sa panganganak ng asawa ko..
6. yung mga bwisit na taong laging tinatanong kung ano trabaho ko dun.. lagi ko sinasagot na "we have the same question".. hahaha!
7. may isa pa pala, may ipapa sea freight ako na isang box lang, puro books, ang hirap maghanap ng forwarder... ang mahal pa..
8.yung b4 forms pa kakainis.. bibilangin pa ba talaga yun? yung briefs ko pag nagamit ko na nagmamahal ng price... hahaha... joke..

parang pagdating ko dun gusto ko muna magpahinga... hahahaha!

kiko
napatawa mo naman ako ng maaga, kayo ni aliyah best shot ng story teller.......

#1...di kayo friends ng OBS...kaya ayaw nya magsinungaling,lol!
#3 & 8....ang TOXIC talaga kasi list mo pa sample name ng brand tapos yun worst yung monetary value nya e ang dami kaya nun.....pati mga pambahay namin na dating pang alis,nakakainis talaga.tapos bibilangin isa isa pati brief, panty, hankies....at dun sa last comment mo, dapat ipa airtight seal mo brief mo ilagay sa MUSEUM valuable pala eh....nakakatuwa ka talaga....napakataas ng sense of humor mo...
#5....mahirap nga pera eh...pero believe me madaming tutulong sa yo dun.....God will be with you.
#6....para akong record player paulit ulit din sinasabi ko.
#7....lupit mo naman nagdala ka pa talaga ng books....ako gusto ko freight yung tomica at hotwheels collection namin ng anak ko....pero nagsave ko para sa POF...pagbalik na lang.

you deserve all the break,MAN.....bow na talaga ako sa yo....

kikokit

Sep 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 26, 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov. 5, 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 11, 2010
Med's Request
March 16, 2010
Med's Done....
April 20, 2010
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
May 27, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2010
LANDED..........
july 12, 2010
roch said:
To Kiko or any Seniors,

I would like to ask kung yung mga pregnant applicants ay nagpa x-ray during medicals. Any protective lead apron b n inilagay? Any alternative test instead of chest x-ray? I'm 11 weeks pregnant and gusto ko sana dun manganak kung darating agad ang visa or else it will be a delay.

Thanks!
roch,

yes, my wife did the xray while preggy... 11 weeks? basta 4months pataas generally safe yan.. and yes may nilalagay silang lead shield sa abdominal part... we're leaving this monday and my wife is abt to give birth next month... san province sa canada punta mo? sana macover ka ng insurance pag nanganak ka..:) good wishes...

kiko

meldzgs

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 31.2009
AOR Received.
feb 24,2010
File Transfer...
march 19, 2010
Med's Request
june 23,2010
Med's Done....
july 5-6, 2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
july 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
sept 3, 2010 - HOPEFULLY
LANDED..........
Sept 27, 2010
bubbles,

hi there! yung 2nd day of medical ko .. Tinanong ni Dra. Santos if i have any operation, my maintenance na gamot na te take, if my menstrual cycle is regular, if may hypertension and diabetes sa family side .. ko .. Kindly read yung forms na pinadala nang VO sa yo. Try to read and study it. Kasi when the doctor asks you its gonna be fast ...

So far so good naman yung 2nd day of PE ko. It took two hours kasama yung paghihintay kay DR. They submitted my result to VO noong Wednesday (July 7) .

I guess after two months i will be getting my visa na if walang addiitonal documents and diretso ang takbo nang papeles na kin.

When yung medical mo?

Btw, ano yung forwarder for canada .. gusto ko sana yung ibang clothes ko .. ehhh papadala ko sa forward so that i wont buy extra luggage na at saka yung excess baggage.. kasi if domestic yung allowable lang po is 20 kilos.

upp942

May 27, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-May-2010
Doc's Request.
01-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
23-May-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with initial application
Med's Request
02-May-2012 (post mark)
Med's Done....
24-May-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-Nov-12
VISA ISSUED...
14-Nov-12
johndees said:
Upp942,

are you in philippines or in the US?

Same proceedure ba mag apply ng Cali state police clearance? I just send the fingerprint cards to the address given and payment? Is that it?

thanks very much
Nasa US ako e. Hindi ako sure kung same process. Mabuti pa try mo itanong sa US embassy para sigurado.

upp942

May 27, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-May-2010
Doc's Request.
01-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
23-May-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with initial application
Med's Request
02-May-2012 (post mark)
Med's Done....
24-May-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-Nov-12
VISA ISSUED...
14-Nov-12
imbubbles said:
hailo, yup ang babait ng tao dito kaya gusto ko parati mag-visit kahit at times d na ako maka-catch up. haha.. hailo, meron ka bang gamit na ipapa-balikbayan box? do u know if okay lang ang computer? sabi ng friend ko its cheaper daw to buy than to have it shipped pero andito lahat ng files ko at kakabili ko lang actually. :)

teka, asaan na si lola? lola, kaw ba ung may plan dati gumawa ng facebook for us? :)
hi imbubbles

Kung nagaalala ka tungkol sa mga files mo, baklasin mo nalang yung hard drive at yun na lang ang bitbitin mo papuntang Canada. Mas maganda pa nga kung bumili ka nalang ng external drive para save mo doon lahat ng files mo. Magaan pang bitbitin. Tama ang sabi ng friend mo...magaganda naman ang prices ng mga computer doon.

mimi0713

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
AOR Received.
11-03-2010
Med's Request
23-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-11-10
hi everyone!

i came across this story at http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57242&page=54, thought it might help all of us, especially accountants in search of a new start in canada. it goes this way:

WINTER brought good news to Marie Romero, a Filipino immigrant in British Columbia, a western province of Canada. The expected flow of tourists to Whistler, a premiere ski resort located in the province, has given her a chance to work at the Four Seasons Hotel.

After three years of unsuccessful job searches, Marie, who holds a master's degree in education from the California State University, finds that right now housekeeping at Four Seasons is the best option she has in Canada.

"I pounded the pavement going from mall to mall in Vancouver applying for a job but never found one," says this experienced educator. She found a few all right-a sales associate position at a computer store that lasted a few months, as telemarketer, mystery shopper, a Christmas stint at the Gap-but nothing permanent and nothing by way of a career.

To keep herself from brooding and to enhance her resume, she volunteered at the museums in cities nearby and went back to school. But the uncertaintyof the past three years caught up with her this year, causing frustration and depression, which led her to seek therapy.

Marie's experience is nothing new to most Filipino newcomers in B.C. Not only do they find it difficult to continue the careers that they've worked so hard at in the Philippines, but sometimes, finding any job in the early years is like walking through the desert before reaching the promised land. They find out that starting a new life in the land of maple syrup is not sweet.

Antonia (not her real name) found this out first-hand when she moved her husband and two sons to Canada this year. "Canadian education and experience are given more weight in hiring," she says. "Most professionals are forced to accept casual and manual labor jobs just to be able to acquire the so-called Canadian experience."

The 51-year-old newcomer describes her family's move as drastic, something that radically altered their lifestyles: from a comfortable house to a basement suite, from a highly rewarding position with a government agency to unemployment. The endless "mismanagement and stealing of government resources" in the country crystallized their decision to get out of the Philippines. If their children have to have a bright future, they had to leave.

A beautiful picture

They did their due diligence before migrating. She and her husband personally checked out B.C. with Antonia's relatives, who are residents of the province and who painted a beautiful picture of life in British Columbia.

Reality, however, presented a different portrait. "I would like to believe that food is cheaper in the Philippines than here," she says. "But the two types of taxes being imposed on purchases have made the value of the dollar minimal."

She's getting anxious. A big source of her anxiety is being jobless. Knowing that her accounting certification and years of experience back home do not count for much in her new country, she's ready to take on almost anything. "Even a clerical position will do," she says. But even that is hard to come by for new immigrants.

Ask Maji Admana, former investigative agent with the National Bureau of Investigation and a Certified Public Accountant in the Philippines. She came to Canada with her husband and three children in February, 1997. The fear that she may never find a job cast a long shadow during her first year in Canada. It compelled her to go on overdrive on her job searches. "There was a period of about three months that I must have sent an average of 100 resumes a month," she recalls. No one responded.

But she held on. Her faith in God sustained her. "I knew that He had a plan for me," she says. When she did find work, it was with a security agency. She walked the beat at the Vancouver Public Library-three levels of underground parking and seven top floors by herself from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.

The upgrade

When she would see her reflection in the mirror dressed in the dreary security uniform of black pants and grey shirt, she couldn't help but ask, "Oh Lord, what have I done to myself?"

She has done quite well since then. Maji is smart, driven and goal-oriented. Early on, she has figured out the first rule of competition: upgrade. If she wanted to achieve what she came for in Canada, she had to accept the truth, which was that her accounting title in the Philippines was not enough to make it in her new homeland. She needed to upgrade her credentials in her new country. She studied Certified Management Accounting, a program that combines accounting know-how with management skills.

School was tough but tougher was the combination of being employee, mother, wife and student. "I multi-tasked. I helped my children with their homework while doing dishes," she says. This was the routine at the Admana household for about five years. The stress caused canker sores. "As soon as I finished my CMA, the canker sores disappeared," Maji says.

The designation cost CDN $20,000. Although her employer paid part of it, she shouldered 75 percent of the expense. But the CMA is worth the money and the canker sores. She is now the assistant controller of a telecom company in Burnaby, B.C., and the potential to go higher is there. "If I play my cards right, my future is looking good," she says.

Single mother Elsie Edillor is applying the same approach. A self-employed accounting management consultant in Cagayan de Oro, she is working toward a designation in Certified General Accounting to upgrade her Philippine accounting degree. Being a CGA student helped her get her present job as accountant for a travel company in Vancouver.

If it were up to her, she would have stayed put in the Philippines. "I was happy with the way things were," she says. But her son wanted to pursue a film career, and Canada offered the opportunity. In April 2002, this single mother and her then 20-year-old son came to Canada. "I am here to support my only family-my son," she says.

The first year she worked as a billing clerk for a freight company and, to augment her income, as a cashier on a weekend graveyard shift at a casino. It took her four days to make up for lost sleep. They lived in cheap basement suites; one of them had an abandoned garage occupied by a big rat. These challenges-she never called them difficulties throughout the interview-did not dim her focus on why they migrated to Canada. "I was not disappointed. I was ready to face the challenge."

One tool that helped her get past the challenge of finding a job was networking. "Connect with people who can connect you with the work," she says. She and Maji got their present positions through their respective membership with the CGA and CMA. Marie's resourcefulness led her to connect with an immigrant services agency that helped her write and fax her resumes and locate job opportunities-all for free.

Network of support

Marie is amazed by the network of support that she found among Christians and fellow kababayans. "I am amazed that Filipinos here help total strangers. They don't care who you are or where you are from. If you need help, they help," she says.

So is Canada worth the pain? Elsie has no regrets. "I can see my son's dream in becoming involved in filmmaking coming true." Maji got what she wanted. "We have surpassed our achievements in the Philippines," she says. She sees a happy ending to her journey.

It's still too soon for Antonia to tell if Canada is worth the price of leaving a good career. The memory of the Philippines is still very fresh and the country beckons. "I am tempted to go back home," she admits. Her concern for her children, however, holds her back.

Marie's therapy is ongoing, but she's getting better. "I can see a little of the light at the end of the tunnel," she says. She has picked up lessons along the way: "It's not your diploma, not who you are. It's how you handle difficulties." She adds: "Have faith in God."

Coming from someone who has survived the test of fire for three years, the advice is worth more than a year's therapy.

God bless!

apache

Star Member
Jan 9, 2010
Riyadh, KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
04 Jun 2009
File Transfer...
09 Jun 2009
Med's Request
15 Dec 2009
Med's Done....
20 Jan, 29 Jan
Passport Req..
13 May 2010
VISA ISSUED...
21 Jun 2010
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2010
tnx a lot for sharing!

TABS

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/2009
Doc's Request.
24-11-09
File Transfer...
29-1-10
Med's Request
9-3-10
Med's Done....
30-3-10
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
20-5-10 ( I believe)
VISA ISSUED...
June 20( ?) 2010
LANDED..........
15-7-10 ( all is well with God)
Hi to all,

SUPER BUSY!!!!! :mad: ::) :-\ :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

As in nahihilo na ako sa mga dapat gawin at may moving out sale pa ako this weekend...

Congrats sa lahat... sa mga pagusadd ng mga application nyo... konting tiis na lang at mararamdaman nyo na din ang stress na dinadaanan namin ngayon.... hahahahahahah

Nag start na ang mga despedida and to be honest, masaya na malungkot... its literally sinking in that in a couple of days, I wont be physically seeing these familiar faces...

KIKO,
grabe sa swerte ka talaga... enjoy business class... order ka order para talagang sulit...

hailo, '
see you on monday

imbubbles,

ill email you as soon as i could... im still trying to figure out ano ba talaga ang pinaka ok na forwarder... but for now, Im sticking with the one that could pack my stuff kasi Im low in energy na...

char, amitaf, maharlika,

safe trip... btw, eva air is expensive now... try korean air if your going sa toronto side

amitaf

Star Member
Aug 7, 2009
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september 26, 2009
Doc's Request.
december 03, 2009
AOR Received.
february 23, 2010
Med's Request
march 31, 2010
Med's Done....
april 16,2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
may 25, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
july 8, 2010
LANDED..........
july 29, 2010
HAILO,
thanks! naprepare ko na registration forms for pdos.

TABS,
have a safe trip! sa 15 na pala flight mo! toronto din destination namin. hope we can meet there someday... btw etihad airways nakuha namin, yun kasi pinakamura online.

ask ko lang sana kung ano yung course description na kukunin from the university? nagtanong na kasi ako sa school ko and di nila alam ano yun... plan ko kasi magpa assess agad sa institute of chartered accountants of ontario upon landing.