waived
Passport Req..
02-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2010
LANDED..........
21-07-2010
hi aspire and carribRN,

i took ielts last july 2009.i was aiming for both immigration and ontario registration. I started submitting all my documents and is waiting for a response from them around 3 more months from now.Im expecting Ontario college to tell me to do bridging program to qualify for CRNE or take LPN licensure instead.I plan to take LPN licensure, work as LPN while doing bridging program.My question.....

1. I checked alberta and BC application manual, both says ielts should be one year old during completion of initial assessment.is it applicable for Ontario as well?

thanks in advance......

fritzsped

Jan 6, 2010
aspire said:
What do you mean by saying na "hindi pwede ang common law" I think you can claim adaptablity points from the educational credentials of your common law partner for as long as you can convince the IO that you and your partner have been sharing one life for some period of time. Seniors pls correct me if I am wrong..

If by saying "hindi pwede ang common law" means you have no common law partner, then the best thing to do is to get married with someone who has a Bachelors degree so you can get 4 points from adaptability. Of course to someone you really love, bachelors degree should not be the prime objective, you should not marry not just for the sake of passing the 67 points requirement for Canada immigration.

....Just an advise, the ball is all yours...

yung agency na may aeo dli cla tatanggap pagmay common law.. don't know why... that's why we went to another agency taht has no aeo, pero tatanggap nang common law.. yung pera sa kasal, pang show money nlng nmin yun sa embassy.. hehe.. hopefully 2 years from now we can decide to do that, in canada.. lol..

bonsai

Star Member
Oct 24, 2009
char_bonel said:
hi aspire and carribRN,

i took ielts last july 2009.i was aiming for both immigration and ontario registration. I started submitting all my documents and is waiting for a response from them around 3 more months from now.Im expecting Ontario college to tell me to do bridging program to qualify for CRNE or take LPN licensure instead.I plan to take LPN licensure, work as LPN while doing bridging program.My question.....

1. I checked alberta and BC application manual, both says ielts should be one year old during completion of initial assessment.is it applicable for Ontario as well?

thanks in advance......
Hey to my fellow nurses and kababayans,

I just submitted my immigration application last Jan. 23, 2010 and my nursing application to Ontario, since Octoberer 2009. ONtario Nursing has received all my documents already and I am waiting for the verdict. I really hope I get to take the CRNE and not do any bridging programs anymore. I am still hopeful even though I only have 2 years experience as a US Nurse.

I submitted my old IELTS (academic) and new General (IELTS) to them. They both accepted it. They said they don't mind if its academic or general. But with Immigration it is only good for a year.

Did you apply to other provinces also? I have an h1c visa here in USA and my visa will expire Septemter 2010. I don't know if its wise to get an H1b visa (another working visa) so I can still work here in USA or just wait for my immigation visa in Canada. Hopefully by December I can be an immigrant already in Canada. What do you think? Parang ang bilis ng takbo sa Manila Embassy ng immigration eh. I'll pray for everyone's success.

char_bonel

Aug 18, 2009
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-08-09
Doc's Request.
7-10-09
AOR Received.
28-1-2010
File Transfer...
15-1-2010
Med's Request
3-2-2010
Med's Done....
3-26-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2010
LANDED..........
21-07-2010
bonsai said:

I just submitted my immigration application last Jan. 23, 2010 and my nursing application to Ontario, since Octoberer 2009. ONtario Nursing has received all my documents already and I am waiting for the verdict. I really hope I get to take the CRNE and not do any bridging programs anymore. I am still hopeful even though I only have 2 years experience as a US Nurse.

I submitted my old IELTS (academic) and new General (IELTS) to them. They both accepted it. They said they don't mind if its academic or general. But with Immigration it is only good for a year.

Did you apply to other provinces also? I have an h1c visa here in USA and my visa will expire Septemter 2010. I don't know if its wise to get an H1b visa (another working visa) so I can still work here in USA
or just wait for my immigation visa in Canada. Hopefully by December I can be an immigrant already in Canada. What do you think? Parang ang bilis ng takbo sa Manila Embassy ng immigration eh. I'll pray for everyone's success.
hi bonsai,

would that mean Ontario both accept General and Academic IELTS? how old was ur Academic IELTS when u submitted ur Ontario application?

CarribRN

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bonsai said:

Did you apply to other provinces also? I have an h1c visa here in USA and my visa will expire Septemter 2010. I don't know if its wise to get an H1b visa (another working visa) so I can still work here in USA or just wait for my immigation visa in Canada. Hopefully by December I can be an immigrant already in Canada. What do you think? Parang ang bilis ng takbo sa Manila Embassy ng immigration eh. I'll pray for everyone's success.
Hi!

For one, you did not have to submit IELTS to the CNO since you are exempted on this particular requirement because you are working in the US. It says in their website that if an applicant is working for 1 year in an English speaking country that their English test requirement is to be waived.

Char_bonel,

I know CNO accepts General IELTS, not only Academic, but I am not sure what their requirement is as to the length of the test validity. Better to call their customer service and inquire. I reckon though it must be valid for two years as IELTS is normally valid for that period.

bonsai

Star Member
Oct 24, 2009
Hello again,

I took my Academic IELTS last 2007 so its actually expired and I sent both my IELTS despite me working here in USA for 2 years just to be sure. But according to customer service you can submit General or Academic, they don't have a preference. As to the validity of the exam, they did not say anything. I guess it should be 2 years.

Caloy

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Hi Mga Kababayan,

Meron ba ditong nag undergone nang ecg then ask to see cardiologist from Nationawide? Ano klase tests ito at kamusta naman?

bonsai

Star Member
Oct 24, 2009
Caloy said:
Hi Mga Kababayan,

Meron ba ditong nag undergone nang ecg then ask to see cardiologist from Nationawide? Ano klase tests ito at kamusta naman?
Caloy,

ECG - is an electrical recording of the heart and is used in the investigation of heart disease. This is painless so don't be scared. Tingnan nya heart rhythm kung normal or kung may abnormalities. Pinapapunta ka sa cardiologist maybe to read it.. or meron ng nagbasa ng ecg mo at may nakitang abnormality. Just go to a cardiologist para malaman mo ang interpretation ng doctor.

Mari_cnd

Star Member
Jan 13, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-5-10
Doc's Request.
6-4-10
Med's Done....
11-10-10
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2-5-11
LANDED..........
4-8-11
CarribRN said:
Hi!

For one, you did not have to submit IELTS to the CNO since you are exempted on this particular requirement because you are working in the US. It says in their website that if an applicant is working for 1 year in an English speaking country that their English test requirement is to be waived.

Char_bonel,

I know CNO accepts General IELTS, not only Academic, but I am not sure what their requirement is as to the length of the test validity. Better to call their customer service and inquire. I reckon though it must be valid for two years as IELTS is normally valid for that period.
hi carribRN... can you post the link pls re: "It says in their website that if an applicant is working for 1 year in an English speaking country that their English test requirement is to be waived".

thank you!

airwaves

Feb 6, 2010
Hi guys,

please help me determine my points in education and work experience.

education = 5 years BS. Com.Eng + 2 years Certificate in programming... (OK fine, 20 points)

work experience = 3 years 0213 (included in the 38 lists)
4 years 2173 (NOC 1)

may points din ba ang 4 years ko na NOC 1? Ano ang total points 19 or 21?

thanks...

char_bonel

Aug 18, 2009
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-08-09
Doc's Request.
7-10-09
AOR Received.
28-1-2010
File Transfer...
15-1-2010
Med's Request
3-2-2010
Med's Done....
3-26-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2010
LANDED..........
21-07-2010
CarribRN said:
Hi!

Char_bonel,

right CarribRN,in most territorries, they wud mention English exam at least a year old but for Ontario, its not clear.I emailed them, just waiting for response.

thanks...

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
airwaves said:
Hi guys,

please help me determine my points in education and work experience.

education = 5 years BS. Com.Eng + 2 years Certificate in programming... (OK fine, 20 points)

work experience = 3 years 0213 (included in the 38 lists)
4 years 2173 (NOC 1)

may points din ba ang 4 years ko na NOC 1? Ano ang total points 19 or 21?

thanks...
Yes. Your will get the maximum points for work experience.

char_bonel

Aug 18, 2009
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-08-09
Doc's Request.
7-10-09
AOR Received.
28-1-2010
File Transfer...
15-1-2010
Med's Request
3-2-2010
Med's Done....
3-26-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2010
LANDED..........
21-07-2010
To all kababayan nurses applying for Ontario registration,

Response from the college was recvd a while ago and stated IELTS for Ontario is valid for 2 years....

hope this helps...

lola_basyang

Jan 17, 2010
hello again mga kabayan... me ang my gf (common-law partner) are currently working on the documents completion hopefuly we would be able to complete everything by next week.

my concern now is we are applying for FSW (noc 3152 registered nurse) i am the principal applicant. somebody told me about the caregiver program for canada. would it be okay for us to apply for a caregiver visa while waiting for our FSW application?

i hope you get my point.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
lola_basyang said:
hello again mga kabayan... me ang my gf (common-law partner) is currently working on the documents completion hopefuly we would be able to complete everything by next week.

my concern now is we are applying for FSW (noc 3152 registered nurse) i am the principal applicant. somebody told me about the caregiver program for canada. would it be okay for us to apply for a caregiver visa while waiting for our FSW application?

i hope you get my point.
You can apply for the care giving program but you won't be able to bring your gf/common law partner with you with your visa as Live in Caregiver. You can though once landed, but you have to declare her in your application.